Chapter 5

When You Feel Like You Can’t Go On, Remember I’m Always Beside You

A/N Hey all, been a while. I got distracted with the last two comebacks. and basically became a voting and streaming bot for the fandom. I'm active on Twitter @AmberZeroLouise if anyone needs any motivation for supporting DC/wants to see constant gifs and memes of the girl's.

Anyway, hope there's still some people interested in this story; I do plan to finish it at some point. For now, please enjoy the latest chapter. ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After Sua left Siyeon’s room on her overly flirtatious statement, she immediately rounded the corner of the hallway, pressed her back to the wall and slid down to the floor. She realized her legs were shaking and weak due to the adrenaline of the past several minutes finally wearing off. She breathed deeply, tilting her head back until it met the wall behind her with a quiet thud.

“What in the world was I thinking? What I just did back there goes behind the normal realm of our friendly flirting. That was dangerous, and stupid, and yet…. Siyeon looked interested? No, there’s no way. It had to have been her fever…. But me, who looks like they want to devour someone when they have a fever? I’ve dreamed about her countless times staring at me in that way, so lost in desire as I slowly remove every article of clothing from her soft, perfectly curved bo-“ Sua unconsciously knocked her head back against the wall once more; the need to change her thoughts evidently clear. She hissed slightly from the pain, rubbing the now sore spot on the back of her head. She was however, grateful for the self-created distraction; now was not the time to be spiraling into such intrusive, although not unwanted, thoughts.

“Whether she feels the same way or not, I need to tone it down. Being alone in the dorm with her is getting dangerous; I’m being too bold and thinking there won’t be consequences. I guess that’s what pining after someone for 4 plus years does to you.” She brought both hands to her cheeks, slapping them lightly several times.

“Get your together Kim Bora. You’ve held it together for so long; you can’t drop your mask now.” She whispered out a quiet pep talk, giving her head a shake after for good measure. She took several deep breathes, trying to center herself and regain any semblance of a normal thought process. She peeled herself from the hardwood floor, moving to stand up. While in the process of getting up, Sua heard a series of rough and loud coughs; the painful sounding noise causing a wave of guilt to wash over her.

“All you’ve been doing is acting inappropriately around her and trying to fulfill your unrequited desires. What a horrible friend and older unnie you’re being right now. Siyeon is the most sick you’ve ever seen her, and you can’t even put your foolish thoughts aside for several hours and just be there for her.”
 

Sua berated herself silently as she made her way to the kitchen. She quickly grabbed another dose of medicine and filled up a fresh glass of cold water. She knew she needed to stop delaying her care taking of Siyeon for her own selfishness. She vowed to herself that she was going to keep her wishful thoughts under control, and just focus on giving the younger woman the attention and care she needed.

“Siyeon needs her best friend right now; so keep it in your pants and just focus on helping her feel better Kim Bora!” She internally yelled at herself once more, hoping it would be enough to keep her in check for the next several hours; until the rest of the members came back to the dorm and could be the cure for her unusual boldness this evening.

She soon shuffled back down the hallway, pills in one hand, and drink in the other. She stopped just outside the door, taking several more deep inhales of air in an attempt to calm and steel her nerves. She figured it would be the best decision to just walk back in there, and pretend like the prior events had never happened.

“Okay, big breath in. Big breath out. Now smile and take care of your sickly friend; no more distractions.”

The tactile dancer aptly balanced the glass of water in the hand that was already holding the pills, using her now free one to gently open the door. She was greeted with the view of Siyeon propped up against several pillows, sitting up, rather than laying down in her bed. Sua figured she chose that position to help her breathing; lying down with a stuffy nose was never fun. Her eyes were closed and her head was slightly slumping to one side. It almost looked like she was in the middle of dozing off. Sua approached the bed quietly, staying light on her feet as to not startle the vocalist if she was indeed asleep again. Her knees were practically touching the mattress and still, there was no reaction or stirring. As much as Sua would like to let her sleep again, she knew if she didn’t have her take a second dose of medicine, Siyeon would only wake up feeling worse.

She admired the dozed off women for a brief moment, enamoured with the soft serenity of her sleeping face. Her eyes focused on each feature, committing them to memory. She rarely had the time to take in all that Siyeon’s sleeping figure had to offer. Chocolate orbs fell on plump, cupid bow lips, scanning upwards slowly. The entranced dancer soaked it all in, from her slightly puffy cheeks to her button nose; up to her long, delicate eyelashes. Her bangs were sticking to her forehead, the rest of her hair a tussled mess from sweating from the fever, but Sua still thought she looked absolutely ethereal.

She was broken out of her trance from SIyeon’s head drooping even further to the side. Realizing how much pain her neck would be in if she left her like that for much longer, Sua figured it was best to awake the sleeping beauty. With her still free hand, the smaller women gently cradled the downward facing side of Siyeon’s face in her open palm. She slowly lifted the younger woman’s ‘heavy with sleep’ head, back to an upright position. Siyeon didn’t stir from the action.

Sua’s hand lingered for several beats, her thumb absentmindedly caressing Siyeon’s soft and squish-able cheek. A warm smile spread across the dancer’s lips as she continued to just admire, quite possibly, the love of her life. She had never met anyone in her 26 years of life who made her feel such intense and earth shattering feelings. Her connection with the vocalist had long since passed the realm of friendship. If Sua were a sappy romantic, she might even say that it was love at first sight. Either way, something deep down in her very core, told her with every ounce of certainty and emotion available in the universe, that Siyeon was her one true soul mate.  Whether it ever turned into a romantic relationship, or just remained completely platonic; Sua wasn’t going anywhere.

She brushed her thumb against Siyeon’s angelic skin once more, before removing it and instead grabbing the taller women’s shoulder.  She softly rocked Siyeon back and forth, attempting to rouse her from her slumber. The movement alone was not enough.

“Sing sing, you need to wake up and take another round of medication,” Sua quietly spoke out, shaking Siyeon gently again as she did. The younger woman’s eyelids fluttered several times before fully opening. Slightly disorientated, Siyeon gave a wolfish grin before wrapping her arms around Sua’s waist. The older woman was so shocked she almost dropped the cup of water still balanced in her hand.

“Hi Unnie, I missed you,” Siyeon slurred out, still in a haze of exhaustion and fever-induced confusion. Sua lightly patted her head, before pulling away and offering the vocalist the cup and pills. She would be lying to herself about not wanting to hug Siyeon as hard as possible from how cute of a display that was; but care taking duties had to come first.

“I wasn’t gone long silly. Here, time to take these before you start to feel worse.”

Siyeon nodded, obediently taking the medication and water offered; quickly downing the pills. Sua took the glass and gently set it on the night stand next to the bed. She watched as Siyeon leaned back against her pillow-clad headrest, and is finally reminded of the other task she was meant to do.

“Ah, right. I almost forgot.” The dancer her heels, and made her way to the bathroom. She opened the cupboard beneath the sink and grabbed a small, beige washcloth. She ran the towel under lukewarm water, thoroughly dampening it before shutting the tap off. Sua expertly twisted and wrung the soaked fabric out until there was no excess water dripping from the cloth.

The dancer made her way back to the sickly woman’s bed, sitting herself down atop the comforter. Sua gently swiped away the pieces of hair stuck to Siyeon’s forehead, proceeding to lightly dab and wipe away the sweat with the cool, damp cloth. Siyeon sighed gratefully; the feeling of something chilling against her skin a welcome relief today.

“Thank you Unnie. This is much needed right now.” The husk of Siyeon’s voice sounded painful, but the soft smile playing on her lips let Sua know her ministrations were indeed helpful.

The older woman gently continued to pat at Siyeon’s flush skin, eventually swiping up and down her neck until meeting the obstacle of her t-shirt. Sua noted how stuck the fabric was to Siyeon’s sweat covered body. Realizing how unhelpful to her recover y, not to mention the discomfort it could cause, Sua suggested Siyeon change into a fresh pair of clothes.

“I’ll go grab you another shirt and some sweat pants. Sit tight Singie.” Sua smiled softly, taking the cloth with her. She moved back to the washroom, quickly running the towel under mild temp water again, re-dampening it once more. She gingerly walked back to Siyeon’s bed, folding the cloth into a neat rectangle and laying it across the vocalist’s forehead to keep her cool while she picked out some fresh sleep wear.

Sua quickly rummaged through Siyeon’s dresser, settling on a black tee with the word “Princess” wrapped in vines on it, and a pair of gray, oversized sweat pants. She knew how much Siyeon wasn’t a fan of tight clothing; the baggier the better. The brunette turned around, clothing neatly stacked in her hands. A puzzled look adorned her face when she noticed that the cooling cloth was now over Siyeon’s eyes. She closed the distance between her and the girl atop the mattress in a few, short strides.

“Uhh… did the towel fall and you’re too weak to move it or…”. She trailed off at the sight of Siyeon pointing up and then slowly groaning. Sua lifted her gaze and quickly understood the problem.

“Is the light bothering your head? Here, I’ll turn the lamp on and turn off the main light; that should help.” She set the sleep wear down on the edge of the bed, before moving over to the desk in the corner of the room. She flicked the much less bright light source on and then went over to shut off the room light. Siyeon slowly pulled the cloth back up to her forehead as Sua made her way back over.

“Better?”

“Much, thank you Unnie,”  Siyeon croaked out, a smile of gratitude tugging at her lips.

“Okay, now that you’re no longer being uncomfortably blinded, time to change. I’ll give you a quick wipe down before you put on a clean shirt. I don’t think you have the energy to take a shower right now.”

Siyeon nodded in agreement; the body aches were starting to set in and the smallest movements were requiring more effort than they normally should.

“Do you need help taking off your shirt?”

Siyeon nodded sheepishly, almost embarrassed at how much this cold was taking out of her. Sua was quick to comfort her.

“Hey, hey, that’s okay, don’t worry. I’m here to help Singie; I know how exhausting being sick can be. Just lift your arms as much as you can and I’ll take care of the rest.”

The younger woman managed to lift her arms above her head, using the backboard behind her to support their weight. Without fully thinking, Sua straddled Siyeon’s blanket covered thighs, figuring it would be an easier way to remove the sweat drenched article of clothing. She would come to regret that choice almost instantly. Once she cleared Siyeon’s head and extended arms, Sua was instantly hit with the scene of a half Siyeon beneath her. Her breath hitched as her gaze settled on Siyeon’s simple, but breathtaking black sports bra. The dancer’s temperature rose substantially, as she desperately tried to avert her gaze, from both Siyeon’s teasing chest and possibly questioning eyes.

Sua hastily decided to just focus on her hand as she started to pat down Siyeon’s neck; however she realized that choice was a mistake in itself. She moved her hand lower, brushing over the exposed portion of Siyeon’s chest; teeth gnawed at her bottom lip as she attempted to maintain control in a losing battle of composure.

“She is sick and needs you as friend. Do not ogle, do not think about anything. Be a good friend, be a good friend, be a good friend-“ She recited this mantra over and over again in her head as she continued to gently and almost shakily wipe the vocalist down.

Siyeon herself was not fairing much better. After becoming aware of her bared skin, her first instinct was to look away and just bore holes into the wall. However, she worried Sua would question her, so for a brief second she stared at her Unnie’s head. Instantly realizing she wouldn’t be able to handle if the older woman made eye contact with her, she settled on the same line of view, unbeknownst to her, as Sua; focusing on the slowly moving hand. Her eyes widened and every nerve on her body was on high alert as her chocolate orbs followed the tantalizingly slow ministrations of the woman sitting on top of her.

“, I should have just continued looking at the wall. This is too much right now, her hand, and oh god, oh my god, she’s sitting on my thighs. Ahhhhhhh, remain calm Siyeon, she is just taking care of you, there is nothing intimate or ual about this, no matter how much you wish it was.” Siyeon had to give herself a mental slap; no way could she handle letting her mind go into overdrive while in this sort of compromising situation.

Sua continued to worry her bottom lip between her teeth, the pain and chance of breaking the flesh the only thing keeping her grounded in the moment. The urge to dispose of the cloth and just rake her nails down the smooth expanse of Siyeon’s abdomen was becoming immensely difficult to ignore. The air grew thick and stagnant; silent, except for the strangled breaths coming from Siyeon. Sua figured they were due to her cold; she was half correct.

As the older woman’s hand glided below her bra-clad s, Siyeon’s breath was hitching more and more, and the struggle not to buck her hips into the weight of Sua on her thighs was almost too much to bear. The final nail in the coffin came when Sua’s hand dipped unbearably low, below Siyeon’s navel and close to the band of her pants. Siyeon’s lidded eyes had followed the movements for so long; she was almost in a trance. Watching Sua’s hand dip so low, so close to where she had had dreams of her touching before, caused her to let out in a small, involuntary, and unfortunately, audible moan.

Both women froze in their tracks, their blood pumping so loud in their ears it sounded like violent waves crashing to shore. Siyeon was mortified, praying to any god in the world that she hadn’t just actually let out that sound. However, seeing how quickly Sua’s hand retracted from her, almost like she had been burnt, told her everything she needed to know. Fighting back the haze of arousal and desperation caused from Sua’s actions, Siyeon sputtered out a defense quickly.

“Ahhh, Unnie, you hit a ticklish spot. So-Sorry if you thought that sound was weird, I-I just wasn’t expecting the cloth to touch that spot.” Siyeon forced out a laugh, her voice straining an octave higher and it should from sheer embarrassment and anxiety.

Sua’s face burned hot, and she hoped in the dim lighting, that Siyeon wouldn’t be able to tell.

“Of course. She was ticklish. A perfect explanation. It’s not like she enjoyed the feeling and wanted your fingers to dip beneath the waistband and-“ The raven haired woman forced herself to meet Siyeon’s gaze, quickly giving her too big of a smile and nodding her head vigorously.

“Y-yeah, no worries Singie. I knew it was because I hit a ticklish spot. I think you’re good to go now anyway. Are you okay to put your new clothes on? I’m just going to go put this back in the washroom. Let me know when you’re done changing.” Sua quickly removed herself from Siyeon’s thighs, fighting the urge to make any sounds of her own. She noticed Siyeon nod a few times in response to her question as she blazed through her words, so she handed her the fresh change of clothing, immediately darting to the washroom.

As Sua splashed her face with cold water in the washroom and Siyeon weakly changed into her clothes, both women were having the same internal thought; Holy .