Chapter 1

When You Feel Like You Can’t Go On, Remember I’m Always Beside You

“101.1; yup, that is for sure a fever.” Sua announced, shaking the thermometer in her hand dramatically, much like a doctor would, before wiping it off and placing the object back into its’ casing. A small chuckle came from the petite woman in bed, the edge of which Sua was perched on. She smiled to herself; proud that her little silly movement produced a moment of joy for her sick group mate, and best friend.

“Well, that’s still not high enough to keep me from doing the fan signing.” Siyeon’s voice came out hoarse and weak, but Sua sensed the determination behind the vocalist’s rasp. The ill woman attempted to sit up in bed, but was immediately pushed back down by two gentle, yet firm hands. She was held in place by Sua straddling her hips to make sure she wouldn’t budge.

“Damn, she’s super strong; short as hell, but extremely overpowering,” Siyeon mused, staring up into enticing chocolate orbs.

“Absolutely not Siyeon. Your health is more important than anything else. You know the managers won’t let you join, and you also know the fans won’t blame you at all.” Sua’s voice was soft and steady, a mirrored sound from her usual loud and boisterous self.

“And most of all, you know none of the girls will think any less of you; especially me.” Sua’s eyes softened as her hands gently rubbed up and down Siyeon’s arms soothingly. Siyeon’s fingers soon found Sua’s smaller ones, intertwining them together before looking up with a soft smile of her own.

“Thank you unnie, you always know how to make me feel better, even in the worst situations.” Sua’s lips broke into a large grin, a small blush adorning her beautiful cheeks at the compliment. Siyeon blushed in response and quickly looked away, surprised by the intensity she felt from the dancer’s sheer beauty, and devastatingly attractive features.

“Has Sua always been this stunning? Sure, she’s unequivocally beautiful, talented, insanely good at dancing, and I’ll never tell any of the members, but her voice is my favourite to listen to; on and off the stage,” Siyeon thought to herself, intensely staring at the wall next to her bed; quite possibly close to boring a hole in the material. Sua untangled their fingers to place the back of her hand gently on Siyeon’s forehead, using her free hand to carefully brush Siyeon’s bangs out of the way

“Is your fever getting worse Siyeon? Your face feels much hotter all of a sudden,” Sua observed, voice laced with concern.

“I-I’m fi-fine Sua-unnie, don’t worry!” The words quickly tumbled from the flustered singer’s mouth as she attempted to adjust the blankets around her as a means of distraction. Sua removed her hands from Siyeon’s face, booping her nose playfully, before proceeding to remove her thighs from either side of Siyeon’s petite hips; helping the fevered girl adjust said blankets. Siyeon sighed inwardly, thankful for some space between her and the gorgeous dancer.

“It must be this fever right? Sua never makes me feel flustered like this…. Liar. She makes you feel flustered all the time; you just never want to acknowledge it. Those lips, those hands, those thighs, that tight, perfectly round-“ Siyeon shook her head back and forth vehemently, cutting off her train of thought and willing the images In her mind to disappear. Sua opened to further comment on Siyeon’s strange behavior, but was interrupted by Jiu shouting from the hallway.

“Suaaa, the van will be ready in 10 minutes, hurry up and get ready before the managers decide to leave your behind!”

“Wouldn’t actually mind getting left behind today,” Sua mumbled under her breath. In Siyeon’s sickly state, she wasn’t sure if she heard the girl next to her correctly, but one tender look her way afterwards confirmed her suspicions.

The brunette idol gave Siyeon’s hand a reassuring squeeze, her fingers lingering afterwards, drawing aimless shapes on the exposed skin.

“I promise, the moment I get back, we are cuddling and spending all our time watching whatever movies you want until you feel better. If I could stay here and keep you company starting now, you know I would do so in heartbeat.” Sua’s voice was sweet and velvety; Siyeon wished she could listen to her speak all day long. The raven haired vocalist could swear Sua was starting to trace hearts on the back of her hand; nothing uncommon, but Siyeon felt more of an intensity behind the dancer’s actions today.

“It’s probably just because she’s worried about me being sick; she worries about the other members just as much too, right?”

“Marvel marathon?” Siyeon said hoarsely, giving Sua her best puppy dog eyes and pout. She knew Sua loved the series of movie’s just as much as her, but she wanted to make sure she could seal the deal. Sua leaned down, placing a chaste kiss to Siyeon’s forehead.

“Anything and everything for you sweetheart.” Sua’s words wisped softly against Siyeon’s burning skin; the deep sincerity of them threatening to set her entire body aflame. Sua pulled back, albeit she lingered close to Siyeon for a few seconds more before doing so. Siyeon didn’t mind; she could be attached to the hip to the woman next to her, and never tire of the close proximity they frequently shared.

“I’ll text you as much as I can, whenever I can. And I’ll take a bunch of pictures so I can send them to you when we’re driving back to the dorms. Please keep me updated on how you’re feeling during the day, and if anything gets severe, don’t hesitate to tell one of the mangers.” The brunette gushed out her words quickly, attempting to get all her last minute thoughts out before Jiu potentially busted down the door to drag her out to the van.

“Okay mooom,” Siyeon weakly sassed out, sticking her tongue out and making a cute face. Sua gave a friendly slap to Siyeon’s blanket covered thigh in response before standing up from the bed. As she turned around to leave the room, she was stopped by a timid pinky grabbing her own.

“Can you ask Yoohyeon to switch rooms with you tonight, so you can keep me company? You know I don’t sleep well with a fever, and I don’t want to bother her with my tossing and turning.” Siyeon added in that last part more for herself, knowing full well she didn’t need to provide any explanations to Sua; the woman would keep her company in any situation freely.

She didn’t want to come off sounding needy, although unbeknownst to her, Sua loved being needed by the girl; rain or shine, day or night. Sua told herself she loved being needed by all her members, but truth-be-told, Siyeon was always at the top of her list. She would always be there for her other members, they were family, but Siyeon was different; she held a special place in Sua’s heart. She deemed the feelings as sisterly/best friend related, but deep down she knew the true reasoning behind her actions and affections; maybe one day she would be brave enough to confront them.

 Sua’s heart swelled from Siyeon’s request. She interlaced their fingers, gently giving her hand a squeeze, confirming her request with a sweet smile and nod. Siyeon smiled back in response, cupping her free hand into the shape of half a heart. Sua mirrored the action with her unoccupied hand, completing the now full heart shaped sign.

“Sua, I swear to god, if the van leaves without you, I will not feel sorry.” Jiu’s voice came from behind the main dancer; the leader was standing in the doorway, arms crossed and face looking amused. The two flirting women jumped in surprise. Sua quickly made her way out of Siyeon’s room, miming “text me” with her hands before exiting; Siyeon nodded in response, and the dancer bolted to her room to finish getting ready.

The other members soon appeared behind Jiu, each coming in to quickly group hug Siyeon, telling her to feel better and text them if she needed company. She hugged them all warmly, her heart clenching at how much love and support her group mates, friends, and at this point, family, gave her. Jiu was the first to break up the hug, gently shooing the other members out the door, giving Yoohyeon a light tap on the as she exited last. The puppy dog-esque girl gave a light yelp, turning to playfully bat at Jiu’s arm, before following after the rest of the members. Siyeon noted the light flush and bashful smile on Yoohyeon’s face after Jiu . If she were not sickly, she would have realized the flirtatious undertones between the two, but her judgment was hazy at best.

“Jiu-unnie, I think Yoohyeon might have a fever too, her face was red as she left. Watch out for her today,” Siyeon rasped out, patting the older girl on the arm and then proceeding to point out the door where said girl had just exited. Jiu burst out into laughter; Siyeon’s face turned quizzical in response. The leader walked to the door, still chuckling as she turned to faced Siyeon, grabbing the door handle.

“Oh Siyeon, you crack me up. You know exactly what that the look means; I see it on you and Sua all the time.” Jiu winked slyly at the bed ridden girl, before slowly closing her door and joining up with the rest of the girls. Siyeon stared dumbfounded at the door for several seconds, before the reality of what Jiu said hit her. A flush crept down the length of her body, as her mind finally caught on to the implications of Jiu words.

“Oh god, I think Jiu-unnie knows I like “like” Sua. Maybe. Wait, does that mean that Yoohyeon likes Jiu, and Jiu likes her back? Or does she mean in a best friends kind of way? But, that wink seemed weird and definitely inferring something else- Wait a minute, she said that Sua has the same look as me in certain situations, meaning Sua might like “like” me back?”

The thoughts swirled around Siyeon’s head frantically, dizzying her, and eventually causing her to lay her head down on her pillow. She fell asleep for several minutes; the closing of the dorm door jolting her back awake. Her head was starting to hurt, and continued to burn. She looked over to her side, surprised to see a small cup with two pills inside, and a cold glass of water. She reached over to her bed side table, grabbing the two items promptly.

 “Sua must have come back in before leaving to place these here for me.”

 She swallowed the pills at once, setting the water back on the treated oak surface. She lied back down, smiling to herself about how thankful she was that Sua cared enough to check back in and leaver her medication; knowing full from experience that Siyeon would be too weak to get up and walk to the medicine cabinet. She reached for her phone, wanting to text Sua and thank her for her kind gesture. However, she passed out before she could even unlock her screen; images of the divine dancer soon occupying her dreams.