Chapter 2

When You Feel Like You Can’t Go On, Remember I’m Always Beside You

All the girls quickly ambled down the numerous flights of stairs, the stern tone of their manager’s voices at the bottom driving them to move faster. Once at the bottom, they split up into their respective vans; Dami, Gahyeon, Yoohyeon, Handong in one van, Sua and Jiu in the other.  Yoohyeon and Jiu shot each other a longing gaze, something that did not go unnoticed by Sua. Eventually the two women’s staring contest was broken as the manger’s fussed about them, trying to load the girl’s, and last minute equipment into the vehicles.

Jiu entered her designated van first, choosing to sit in the empty back seat that wasn’t already occupied by various items. Sua followed after, taking a seat in her usually spot. She figured Jiu didn’t sit up front, because she knew the girl would be partially upset if Siyeon’s spot was stolen; even if she wasn’t coming along for the ride. Sua looked back, mouthing a thank you to Jiu; the leader smiled back, giving her a thumbs up in response.

The young dancer, usually full of vim and vinegar 24/7, was oddly silent in the car. Jiu would poke the girl in front of her every so often, showcasing funny videos or cute pictures of Pie, Yoohyeon’s pomerian puppy. Sua appreciated the distraction, since every time she wasn’t talking or looking at Jiu’s phone, her gaze would fixate somberly on the empty seat next to her.

“Car rides just aren’t as fun without Siyeon. We always sing together, play stupid games, and laugh at the dumbest things. I swear that girl is a carbon copy of me in the humour department; all the other members think we’re crazy, but when I find something funny, I always know Siyeon will laugh along with me and vice versa.” Sua stewed away in her own thoughts silently, light sighs passing between her lips every several minutes. An hour into the car ride, Jiu decided to leave the forlorn dancer to herself, spending the rest of her time messaging back and forth with Yoohyeon. Sua was snapped out of her moping session from the sound of of Jiu’s fingers tapping against her phone’s keyboard. She broke out into a stupid grin, realizing she hadn’t texted Siyeon yet. She was too caught up in missing her in the car, that the thought to message her completely evaded her mind.

The eager woman quickly pulled out her phone, navigating to their text thread; the beautiful vocalist was already at the top of her most recent contacted list. Sua gently brushed her thumb over the contact name Siyeon had picked out most recently; the two of them would regularly steal one another’s phone and update their screen names. Many of them were inside jokes or movie related, depending on what the two of them had been doing or watching lately. However, this one was Sua’s favourite to date; it read Sua’s Future Wife <3. Every time Sua caught a glance of the screen name, her heart would flutter; a reoccurring feeling she would brush aside many a time lately.

Siyeon entered the name in her phone several weeks ago after one of their concerts. A fan in the audience had screamed out for Sua to marry them, and before Sua could answer, Siyeon wrapped her arm around her shoulder, pulled her close, and mouthed to the audience, “my wife” with the most flirtatious smirk ever. The crowd had erupted into screams and cheers immediately after the words left Siyeon’s lips. After a beat, Sua’s brain caught up to what had occurred and she turned to look at Siyeon. Said girl shot her a wink with a sultry grin, and Sua had faked shock at the action. In reality, she was trying to cover up her body surging with heat and the urge to flirt back.

”Damn her for being so smooth,”  she had thought at the time, surprised by the sheer boldness without hesitation from the girl.

“It’s obviously just a silly joke, and yet… I wouldn’t mind marrying Siyeon. She knows me so well; she’s been with me during some of my hardest times. She’s also extremely pretty, her voice is like honey, and I wouldn’t mind hearing her make some other sounds either- Oh my god, did my brain really just go there?”

A light blush painted her cheeks, shocked by her own thoughts.

“I’m going to chose to ignore the fact that all InSomnia’s are correct that I am in fact a ert, and check up on Siyeon. I wonder if she noticed the medication I left for her.” She quickly began to type out a message.

To: Sua’s Future Wife <3

Hey Sing Sing. <3 I hope you were able to notice and take the medication I left you. I know how difficult it is to get out of bed and try to find your own with a fever. The car feels so empty without you. :( Get better soon please. It’s not the same when you’re not here… I really miss you. <3 Let me know how you’re feeling; we’re almost at the fan signing.

She hit send, staring at the screen for several seconds before re-locking the device, fully aware that Siyeon couldn’t text her back that quickly.  After staring aimlessly out the window at the passing scenery and vehicles, the van came to a full stop. Realizing they had arrived, Sua checked her phone one more time, her heart sinking when it was still devoid of a response from Siyeon.

“She must be sleeping, her fever was pretty high.” The dancer sighed lightly, quickly sending another message to Siyeon before having to turn her phone off; their managers always said they had to be undistracted at fans signings.

To: Sua’s Future Wife <3

I’m sure you’re sleeping now Singie. I hope your fever breaks soon. I have to turn my phone off now, but text me when you wake up, and the moment I’m back in the car, I’ll answer. Can’t wait to be back in the dorm for cuddles and Marvel movies to make you feel better. <3

With that last text sent, Sua shut her phone down, and prepared herself mentally for the afternoon. She took a deep breath, put on her best smile, and proceeded to exit the van.

“Get yourself together girl. You got to be your best for InSomnia’s today. Siyeon would kick your if she heard you were moping around our fans.”

Sua jumped up and down, pumping herself up. She grabbed Gahyeon, shaking her arm and making weird noises, resulting in the maknae cracking up and laughing at her unnie’s antics.

“You are so weird unnie, I wish I had half the energy you do,” Gahyeon giggled out as all the women started to enter the building. Dami and Handong led the pack, discussing the food they hoped would be waiting for them in the backstage area. Behind them, Jiu and Yoohyeon had linked arms, their fingers loosely tangled together with small grins plastered to their faces. Sua and Gahyeon were the last two to enter. Seeing Jiu and Yoohyeon so close together shot a pang through Sua’s chest, the sight reminding her of Siyeon’s usually closeness to her. Before she could dwell on it too long, the girl’s were ushered into the makeup room. They were soon all with their individual stylist’s, and none of them had any time to think, other than about getting read, giving their fans wonderful performance’s, and happy memories.

Back at the dorm however, Siyeon was deep in a fever dream. The weirdest part though, was it wasn’t the first time she had experienced such a scenario. It was however, by far the most vivid yet, and she’d be lying if she said she didn’t want it to continue.

Siyeon found herself in the doorway of the private dance studio at Happyface Entertainment. She was unable to move, enraptured by the dancing figure gracefully gliding across the floor. Sua was in usual perfect form, each step and movement executed with purpose and expertise so effortlessly; it was breathtaking. The trance was soon broken when Sua’s chocolate orbs connected with Siyeon’s dilated pupils. A large smile spread across Sua’s luscious lips, as she quickly jogged over to Siyeon, grabbing her hand, quickly tangling their fingers together, and dragging her to the center of the dance floor.

“Come dance with me!” Sua shouted out excitedly over the still playing music. Siyeon allowed herself to be moved without a fuss; she’d follow that woman to the ends of the Earth without hesitation. Sua let go of her hand to go and change the music and turn it lower; Siyeon immediately missed the warmth and closeness. The music began anew, and Siyeon instantly recognized it as being “Troublemaker”.

“Isn’t this the special stage for Jiu and Handong?” Siyeon asked quizzically as Sua returned to her side.

“It is, but they asked if I could help them nail down some steps, so I need to practice it before I show them. Thankfully, my favourite dancing partner is now here.” Siyeon blushed lightly at the compliment, and then even deeper as Sua reached up, and slowly brushed a strand of hair behind one of Siyeon’s ears.

“Ready?” Sua husked out, her voice turning low and sensual. Siyeon gulped from the timbre of the smaller woman’s voice, nodding her head timidly.

“Of course,” she softly whispered. The two turned away from one another, so they were back-to-back in the starting position for the choreography. Soon, the song looped and restarted. The dance began, slow touches and longing gazes consuming the first several seconds already.

“You don’t realize how touchy and close this dance is until you do it yourself,” Siyeon thought to herself while Sua’s hand slowly grazed down the side of Siyeon’s face, her gaze piercing and intense.

Siyeon’s own hand trailed across Sua’s exposed shoulder; a shiver erupting from the smaller woman. Less than a minute later, they reached the iconic section; the part where the two dance partner’s lips come close but never touch, teasing the audience. This time however, Sua switched up the move. As their faces moved within inches of one another, Sua gently grabbed the back of Siyeon’s neck, closing the distance, her soft lips gently pressing against Siyeon’s.

The raven haired girl was shocked at first, but soon melted into the kiss, wrapping her arms possessively around Sua’s waist, pulling her close against her body. Sua’s response to their close proximity was a small moan, a sound that drove Siyeon wild and wanting more. Before she could make the next move, Sua was already slipping her tongue into Siyeon’s mouth; she eagerly accepted as Sua tangled her fingers in the taller woman’s hair, nails digging lightly into flesh. Siyeon groaned, nipping at Sua’s bottom lip in retaliation, drawing a gasp from the gorgeous dancer. The heated kiss was eventually broken due to the requirement of breathing. Their bodies were still pressed flush together, the music drowning in the background as their foreheads pressed against one another.

“Siyeon, I love y-“

Siyeon jolted awake in a cold-sweat, cutting her insanely realistic dream short. Even though no one was in the dorm but her, she pulled her covers up over her face in embarrassment.

“I can’t believe I had another dream like that. This one was so vivid. I can still feel the touch of her lips.” Siyeon unconsciously brushed her fingertips against her lips, desperately wishing she could experience the real thing. She snorted in her head, “like that would ever happen.”

She reached for her phone, excited to see messages from Sua, and then became sad, realizing she had missed out on texting her during the drive. She smiled warmly at the sweet messages the older girl had sent her, typing out her responses to be received after the event. The screen name Sua had picked for herself recently never failed to stir butterflies within her stomach. Sua had no idea how much Siyeon actually wished the title was true.

To: Siyeon’s Actual Wife <3

Hey unnie, I really appreciated the medicine you left for me. It really helped out and I slept the moment you all left. I’m sorry I missed texting you during the car ride and keeping you company. I’m going to roll out of bed and try to wash up. Can’t wait for you to come home and make me feel better. :) Don’t forget to ask Yoohyeon to switch rooms, I really need you tonight. <3

Siyeon flopped back down on the bed, coughing several times before sighing as thoughts of her dream flooded her mind once again.

“If I wasn’t sick, I would so take a cold shower right now.”  She shook her head and slowly moved to get out of bed and head to the bathroom, hoping a good face wash and teeth brushing would make her feel less gross. Meanwhile, Sua was dealing with her own feelings, and coming to some much needed conclusions during the fan signing.