2020 SBS Daesang award

Ace and Sparta

Ji Hyo was very nervous, she couldn't help it, her favourite, no .. her most favourite co-worker will be vying for the “Daesang” award this year She put on the pant suits that the running man team had prepared for her and sat down for her makeup. Her fingers could not stay still and she kept playing with her blouse corner. 

 

The rest of the guys were wearing black with bow ties, she had chosen a black pant suits to match the rest. It was his favourite colour. Finally, she was ready, she stood up and gave herself a last look to make everything was alright. She took up her mask and put it on. She finally was ready.

 

It was their turn to enter the event hall and the coordinator had asked her to join the rest, she got in the car after Jong Kook, their hands met. She slipped her hand into his and gave it a squeeze. She had already wished him good luck the night before and now she was hoping he could calm her nerves and she calmed his. He turned to look at her and she gave a reassurance smile.

 

The ride was a short one and all eight of them walked into the event together, they were guided to their seat. She as usual chose to sit beside him, it had already been a habit and she liked the fact they will be in the same frame most of the time.

 

Although “Running man” was awarded the “Golden Content Award”, “Ugly Duckling” had won the most that evening. Everyone cheered and the whole atmosphere was a happy one although the setting for the award had been segregated to make they keep their safe distance. The different groups were not allowed to interact. It was a wise move, since there were idols infected with COVID 19 and been safe were on everyone list. She was glad he chose to sit with Running man instead of ugly duckling. They were clapping and happy for all the winners, even though Running man had not won much. It time for other programs to shine. She was also happy for Haha that he won the excellence award, it would boast his morale.

 

Ji Hyo sat down, the gold flakes were all over everywhere from Haha's award. Suddenly, she felt light touches on her hair and she noticed he was busy helping her removed the gold flakes from her hair, she turned her head and smiled at him.. His hair had some too and she helped him removed his so his hair would not be messy.

 

Finally the award they were waiting for, Jae Suk was going to give out the 2020 Daesang award. She could felt her heart racing as Jae Suk slowly eliminated people in the nominee list. He shook his head at various people, and they got the hint. Then finally he said,:"The winner of the 2020 DaeSang award goes to Kim Jong Kook from 'Running Man' and 'The ugly Duckling;.” All the attendees of the event stood up and clapped happily. Jong Kook looked surprise and radiant happiness, he thanked his colleagues as he made his way up.

 

Ji Hyo noticed his other mask was sticking out of his back pocket and she quickly ran to pull out the obvious trouble making mask. She was grinning from ear to ear to see him won, it was the best thing happening that night. She clapped happily as he received his award. She could see that he was very happy and his eyes were wet.

 

He was at a lost of words, the emcee told him, it ok, they had a lot of time. She knew he did not plan a speech, just not to get up his hope to high. He cleared his voice, and he started to give reason why he didn't prepare a speech. She could tell he was still tense and he was thinking who he should thank. He started all the people who supported the shows and thanks his colleagues, everyone he knew. Then he mentioned how he was a singer and used to hate attending variety shows, so much that Jae Suk could tell and often skip him. But now variety show had became his live. Next, he thanked Running man, whom he had run together for the last 10 years, she knew her name would not appear on screen but as his eyes had made contract with her and she could feel his appreciation.

 

Then he thank Duckling crews that took care of his father and mother, then she went to thank his family members. Finally he came down and joined back the table, her hands went to squeeze his.

 

Later that night, she changed into something simple and slipped into his apartment. He was already waiting for her as he embraced her into his arms. “Thank you love for supporting me these few years.”

 

Congratulations, my dear, you deserve it.” she congratulated him again. Then she pulled his head now and their lips met.

 


Congratulations to Kim Jong Kook for winning the 2020 SBS Daesang award.