Resignation

Ace and Sparta

Jong Kook was shocked, Ji Hyo had tendered her resignation. She had hinted to him before, but he did not think it was so fast.

 

Today was her last day at work. “Ji Hyo, all the best for your new endeavor.” he heard himself saying.

 

“Oppa, thank you.” she said, tears starting to well up, “Thank you for taking care of me all these years.” She quickly wiped it off.

 

“No, thank you, you had helped me so much and I will miss you.” he said, his heart felt like it was been squeezed. She packed her remaining stuff into a box, he offered to help her bring it down to her car. He knew where she will be going, she was going to be somewhere she will enjoy the work and he was glad. But who knew he would felt so bad.

 

He was already missing her now. He put the box into her boot, “Let's meet up soon after you settle in.” he said, not willing to let her out of his life.

 

“Oppaaaa, of course. I will still need your advice,' giggle Ji Hyo. “Maybe I will settle a date next week?” Jong Kook nodded and waved good bye to her. He did not trust himself to speak, afraid he will break down in front of her. His heart slowly disintegrated, and it hurt him so much.

 

He mechanically finished his day, he need his time to determine why he feeling this way. From the day he knew she was leaving, he was already feeling down and today, he reached the bottom. Knowing he will not see her everyday had not been pleasant, he did not know why, he missed her so much. He took out his phone and looked at the picture of her, he crop out a picture of her from their group photo, she was smiling so happily.

 

He sighed and decided to go to gym to exercise. After an hour of sweat, he still had no answered.

 

On Monday evening, he finally could not stop himself from messaging her. “How is your new company?”

 

“Oppa, hi, So far so good, the colleagues are helpful.” she answered. He was both happy and sad, his frustration grew as he did not know why he felt this way.

 

“That is good.” he answered. “I am happy for you.” and on that, he did not continue the messaging.

 

On Tuesday evening, he still could not stop himself from messaging her. “How is your day?'

 

“Oppa, thanks for asking, it was nice, but this is like the second day and there is so much to learn.” she returned the message.

 

“Sound so good, maybe I should do the same.” he replied.

 

“Oppa, come on, you are so doing so well, maybe a year or two later.” she said. “But it too early for me but I do enjoy the job here.”

 

He was happy for her, less of the sadness and more of happiness. He was missing her so much but he discovered her happiness formed back of his happiness.

 

On Wednesday evening, he could not stop himself from messaging her. “Want to hear gossip?'” he asked.

 

“Oppa, gossip, that is so not you.” she replied. “But yeah, quick tell me the gossip.”

“Your old boss got hitched.”

 

“What! He got hitched, well he was not bad. He do deserved someone.” she answered.

 

“True, I got his wedding invitation. His wedding in two months.” He suddenly got a realization, he wanted to be married, and there is only one choice for his bride. He felt a pain on his foot and he snapped out of his trance and saw his phone lying on the floor.

 

“Ouch,” he gave a low yell. He needed a plan and he needed to act fast.

 

On Thursday evening, he could not stop himself from messaging her, while he thinking of his new plan. “Ji Hyo ya, want to go for dinner tomorrow?” he needed to see her.

 

“Ok Oppa, I wanted to give you a treat.” she answered immediately.

 

“Really, then I will book an expensive restaurant tomorrow evening.”

 

“Oppa, please, i will be broke.” she pleaded.

 

“Really, I thought your new job pay you well. I will pick you up tomorrow, don't drive, ok?” he replied.

 

“Ok.” He wanted to at least start engaging her again, and he felt happy to see her again after a week.

 

On Friday, he was smiling the whole day. He left work on time and drove to Ji Hyo's new company. She was already waiting for him, and quickly got onto his car. “Oppa,” she chipped.

 

“Ji Hyo ya, you looked pretty today” he commended her.

 

“Oppa, you mean I did not look pretty before?” she slightly frowned.

 

“You are always pretty, i mean, but today you are specially beautiful.”

 

“Opppaa.” she looked down at her hands. He smiled and talk about something else, the drive was a happy one and he stopped into a restaurant serving Chinese food, he knew she will like it. It was a small family restaurant serving mouth watering food. They had a great evening together, updating each other of recent happenings.

 

They ended the day making another date on Sunday, Ji Hyo wanted to watch a movie, and Jong Kook wa interested in that movie as well, really. So they going to watch together, Jong Kook had immediately bought the tickets on the spot.

 

Jong Kook felt the need to re-know Ji Hyo he knew her from work but very little about personal life, he wanted to know her more. So he started to message her at the end of the day, sometimes starting random topics. Ji Hyo also started to share her day with him as they got closer through messaging and dates.

 

Three months later, Jong Kook knew something he did not know the day Ji Hyo was about to leave his life, he was in love with her then and now he was more in love with her. He hoped she was too. He took a deep breathe as he drove near her place, they were going for a picnic, and they each packed something. He offered to bring the mats and other things they need.

 

They somewhat wore matching clothes, both chuckle when they saw each other, this is not the first time they did but he was happy when it happened. “Oppa, where are we going today?”

 

“It's a secret.” he smiled at her. “I hope you like it as much as I do.”

 

“I will, so far I like all the places you bought me.”

 

“Yes, and I enjoyed my time with you.” he was just happy they could enjoyed each other so much and now he wanted to advance their relationship and hope she was feeling the same. He drove them to his favorite park, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo took things out of the car, They walked towards the place where Jong Kook wanted, it was under a tree by the pond.

 

They set up the picnic and enjoyed the cool breeze, eating the nice sandwiches, fruits and snacks. “Food taste nice outdoor, I dont remember eating a nicer egg sandwich.”

 

“I do agree,” feeding himself a sweet grape. He thought to himself, there is no better time than now.

 

He took out a small bouquet of sunflower from the picnic basket. “Ji Hyo, we knew each other for so long, but I realize I really knew you these 3 months. When you resigned, I felt my world slowly dissolving. But I know now I felt so complete and I hope you feel the same. Ji Hyo ya, please be my girlfriend?”

 

“Oppa! I resigned because I wanted to live my dreams and also you gave me the courage, even I could not see you everyday, I felt I could still connect somehow because you are always the warm oppa I know. I know how I felt about you, although you may had not felt the same. When you text me first that day, I was so happy. When you asked me out, I was practical dancing inside me. I like the time we spent at work but I love the time we spend together these three months. Oppa, I want to be your girlfriend for ever so long.”

 

“Ji hyo, I love you.” Jong Kook could just felt himself bursting with happiness.

 

“I love you too, Jong Kook.” Ji Hyo declared.

 

Jong Kook sealed their promise of love with the their first kiss.

 


Hope you all enjoy this ..