Reality Show

Ace and Sparta

"What! I am going to be a pair with Ji Hyo? As a married couple ?" Jong kook exclaimed. "Why did you do this ?" He stared at his manager.

"You always said you and her are family, this show just put 2 singles together to look after a few children. Not as husband and wife. You and her love kids so much, should not be a problem right?" Hyong Nam said, wondering what was the problem with this arrangement.

"So me and her will take care of how many children?" Jong kook asked. "We don't have any experience. How you expect me to take care of kids." Jong Kook had to admit he was having a panic and his heart was beating faster than normal.

"it's too late to back up now, tomorrow will be the shooting, maybe you should call some parents to ask? Anyway, Ji Hyo's manager has signed the contract as well. So maybe you want to call her and discussed" His manager said nonchalantly.

Jong Kook could feel his head pulsing, he don't want to do this, taking care of little kids with Ji Hyo, it just sound … not so right. But he could not figure out what is uncomfortable about, and worse he could not back up now. He gave up and call Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo Ya..” He began.

Yes, Oppa, are you calling about tomorrow recording?” she asked.

Yes, I don't know what to do,” he voiced his anxiety.

Come on, you had so many nieces and nephews, and you are so good with them. You also led the soccer team,” she sighed. “Unlike me, Oppa, you must take care of me.” she pleaded.

Ji Hyo, do you think we should call Haha and asked him for some tips?” he suggested.

Yes, let's do.” Ji hyo exclaimed.

Ok, wait for a while, let me set up a conference call.” Jong Kook called Haha, and he and Ji Hyo humbly asked for help from Haha.

Hiong, as long as you are patient and gentle, you got no issue. But you both need to be firm, a no, means a no and you can explain why. Plan for some fun activity, they will love to run and play, reading and music is good too.” suggest Haha. After going through a good 20 minutes with Haha, they finally let him go.

Oppa, I will go and prepare some games for tomorrow.” Ji Hyo sound more relaxed now.

Ok, I will go prepare some books and music. See you tomorrow, Ji Hyo.” Jong Kook bidded farewell and started his own set of preparation.

The next day came, both of them met at the set, 'Oppa, my heart is pounding, it had been a long time that I felt so anxious.”

Me too, I a bit fearful too.” Jong Kook said. Both of them looked comprehensive at each other, Jong Kook reached and held Ji Hyo's hand, “Be brave, we will be there for each other.” He looked straight into her eyes, hoping to find support and courage, he saw that and hope he too gave her the courage and support she needed. Since they are done with their makeup, he continued holding her hand while waiting for the shooting to begin.

They were brought to a unit, they were supposed to baby sit a set of twins sisters and their brother. They can hear children crying, he could felt Ji Hyo tightened her hold on him. Both of them took a deep breath as the shooting began. They let go of each other, and looked confident of today mission.

Ji Hyo, this is your chance to show off your skill today.” Jong Kook .

Oppa, yours too, to demonstrate how good you are with children.” Ji Hyo retorted immediately, glad of the diversion.

They knocked on the door and the door opened, a pair of tired looking parents opened the door and immediately, Ji Hyo's heart went out to them. “Hi,” she said warmly. The parents look apologetic, “Today the children are a bit touchy,” the mother explained. “Usually they are nice kids.”

I can see that,” Ji Hyo said, pointing to the happy photos of the children.

The children suddenly became quiet as they all stared at Jong Kook. The father explained they were his biggest fans. Jong Kook grinned, “Hello Kids, I am Uncle Jong Kook.” he waved, as he kneel down beside them, trying not look too gigantic and scared the children. “What do they like?” he asked the father.

The father gave them some tips and also pointed to food they had prepared for the children. Then they had to prepare to leave as intended. Jong Kook carried the twin sisters, one on each hand and Ji Hyo took care of the brother. They waved good bye to their parents. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo could felt the sadness in the children.

They will be back later,” he said gently to the girls. “Let's have some game, how about throwing balls?” he asked the kids, as Ji Hyo took up a ball from her bag, one of many secret weapons she had brought. The kids were excited, chasing after the new toy. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were chasing after the kids. After 15 minutes, Ji Hyo left to prepare some water for the kids, while Jong Kook continued the game.

Kids, come and and have some drink.” she called out to the kdis.

But auntie Ji Hyo, I don't like water.” the brother said and the sisters immediately nodded their head.

But I love water,” Jong Kook immediately chimed in. “Water is the best, it so magical, first, can you tell me what colour water is?” he asked, as he took a glass of water from Ji Hyo.

Mm, white?” Ji Hyo began.

Yellow?” the brother said.

Blue,” “Pink?” the sisters asked.

No, you should drink some to check the colour.” Jong Kook encouraged the children to drink the water. “Now, what colour is it?”

I dont know.” the children said. Jong Kook gave a sly smile, “The colour of water is magical, it will change with different cups. So when you finished your water in your cup, auntie Ji Hyo will change the colour of the water.” The kids screamed with excitement, they did not know that. So they were having fun again, this time, Jong Kook started a singing session and the kids learned new songs with simple dance steps.

The kids enjoyed the session very much, time flies when you are having fun, and their parents returned with a more relaxed and happier mood. “Thanks Jong Kook and JI Hyo,” the parents expressing their gratitude and were happy that their children had spent some happy time with the famous duo.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo started to say their farewell and tears quickly welled up in the children's eyes, they had loved their time with Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, the sisters started to cry and the brother followed. The parents tried their best to calm the kids and Jong Kook and Ji Hyo promised that they will return to play with them another day before the kids allowed the SPARTACE duo to go.

Ji Hyo could feel tears welling up, she had came to love the little kids as well. Jong Kook silently took out a tissue and passed to her. “We will make a date with them soon.” he consoled her.

She broke into a smile. “Yes, Oppa.” and at that moment, their eyes met, Ji Hyo could see something in Jong Kook's eye that is unfamiliar but it made her heart go faster. Then the director yelled “Cut” and that made them jumped. Feeling embarrassed, she looked down at her hand.

Let's go?”, suggested Jong Kook, his hand reaching out for hers, she let him held her hands and now without the anxiety, she could felt heat rushing up her neck, she was glad she got make up on.

How about dinner? We didn't really eat anything just now.” asked Jong Kook. “And I am straving.” Ji Hyo's stomach immediately replied for her.

I guess me too.' Ji Hyo agreed. She was glad he had seen all her good and bad sides and slowly, she relaxed, and she felt her face slowly returned to her original colour. Their managers had declined to join them, citing appointments with their family. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were left with Jing Kook's car. They changed into their normal clothes and drove to HaHa's restaurant, they had decided to eat bbq and Haha had a special room for artists.

They were brought to the room and their food were served quickly as they had ordered their food already. Jong Kook put cuts of beef and pork on the sizzling stove, Ji Hyo helped to flipped and cut the meat. Jong Kook picked the cooked meat and placed it into Ji Hyo's plate. “Oppa, you eat too. I have a lot already.”

It's ok, there a lot of meat left, later you faint with hunger.” Jong Kook teased Ji Hyo.

Oppa, I do not faint with hunger.” Ji Hyo pouted. Jong Kook picked up a piece of meat from Ji Hyo's plate and put it into . Ji hyo could feel heat rushing to her face again and this time there is no makeup to mask her the redness that creeps up her neck.

Are you hot? “ Jong Kook asked, looking at her concerned..

Yes, it was hot here, Oppa, the meat is nice! You quickly eat too.” she changed the topic. She picked up a piece of meat from her plate and placed it on a piece of vegetable, she also placed galic and some chilli sauce on the meat. Then she wrapped up the vegetable, and offered the wrap to Jong Kook. Jong Kook stared at it for a moment, then eat up the parcel.

You are right, the meat is nice. And it really hot in here, maybe we should ask the waiter to make it cooler here.” Jong Kook said shyly. In the end, it wither Jong Kook would feed Ji Hyo or Ji Hyo will make vegetable wrap for Jong Kook.

They had a full meal and decided to go for a walk at a nearby park.Lucky,  it was night at they would only need minimum to hide their identity, both of them chose a route that was not so bright. They strolled under the moon light, it was a full moon. “Oppa, the moon was so bright and round.” Ji Hyo stood to admire the moon, she looked peaceful under the moonlight.

I really enjoyed today, I am glad our managers accepted the job.” Jong Kook broke the comfortable silence they were sharing.

Me too, I was scared at first, but I really enjoyed playing with the children. Oppa, I am glad I did it with you, you did give me the courage to start the journey.” Ji Hyo voiced her appreciation.

You did too. If it with another person, I think I would not have the courage to continue. We do work the best together.” Jong Kook had to tell her how much appreciation he felt. “The children do love you a lot.”

Come on Oppa, they are all over you and they listen to you.” They grinned at each other.

Ji Hyo, we have always been friends, and today make me realise, if I were to start a family, who I want to do it with.” Jong Kook confessed.

Ji Hyo turned and looked at Jong Kook, her heart trumped uncontrollably, to her, it was too loud in the quiet garden.

I always know I wanted to get marry, I know who I love but today I know, if I do not ask the woman I love, I will forever regret it.” Jong Kook looked at the moon, his face turning crimson. “I did not prepare much I must admit, but Ji Hyo ah .. would you consider me as a potential boyfriend?” he asked.

Oppa .. “ Ji Hyo was speechless, she did not anticipate the turn of event.

You can take your time to consider, this is a bit abrupt, I know..” Jong Kook said, he turned to her and looked into her eyes, “I hope you gave it a serious thought, I know I am risking our friendship here but I feel I will regret if I do not know your answer after today.”

Oppa, I can give you an answer now, I .. I agree with you, we do work the best together, like you I do not want to risk our friendship, so therefore, I just try to remain friend with you. It is hard, I get jealous when woman gets to close to you, I felt sad when you said you preferred someone else over me, I am happy when you are happy, when you are hurt, my heart hurts too. Oppa, we wasted too much time.” Ji Hyo reached for his hands, Jong Kook reached and pulled her into his embrace.

I am sorry I let you wait so long, there is always the coward part in me and thank you for loving me, my beloved.” Jong Kook whispered into her ears.

"Oppa, thank you for loving me too." Ji Hyo replied.

 


Recently started a few stories but all of them are getting longer like this one .. haha, diffiuclty to conclude them so will have to decide which 1 will be a one shot, which 1 will be a series instead ...