Switch to me

Ace and Sparta

Jong Kook swayed gently to the upbeat rhythm of “Switch to me”, Rain and JYP did it again. Maybe he should consider to asking a collaborate with them. He was thinking about the lyrics, the woman he loved did not have a boyfriend, but he still wanted to ask her to switch to him, and they should be an item.

 

He though about the MV, how both of them was proving to be the better one. He had not been very actively doing anything to court her, he just gave her extra care. Maybe he need to change technique, he need to be more active. He hymned with Rain and JYP, “제발 나로 바꾸자 제발 나로 바꾸자 제발 나로 바꾸자 제발 나로 바꾸자 제발.” (Please switch to me, please switch to me. Please Switch to me, please switch to me. Please)

 

What were the actions he should do? He had been out of courting action for so long, he believed she was constantly been courted, although she had not promised anyone yet. He needed to stand up against those courtship. He felt anxious, and decided to go to gym immediately. He quickly packed and left his apartment for the gym.

 

Once he reached the gym, he started his routine while thinking over how to start his courtship. Should he declare his intent of marrying her for their courtship, or start to court her then declare later ? He was debating with himself over the two hours during the workout and ignoring everybody else. He could not decide, who should he ask, he wondered?

 

He could already imagine all the snickering and teasing from all his best friends, already some had about him and Ji Hyo on different occasions he sighed and ended his workout. He took a quick bath and get on his car. He on his radio and accidentally hit a random button.

 

This is Aunt Agony, I am here to help with all your problem, “ a soft, gentle voice filled the air. It was an unfamiliar voice. “And here I had my first call.” The caller voiced her problems and she was able to give some sane advice. Jong Kook could not help but think, maybe she was who he needed. He dialed the number she mentioned, and miraculously he got through.

 

Hi there, how are you?” Aunt Agony asked.

 

Mm.. I have a dilemma, I .. “ he took a deep breath, here goes nothing. “I am in love with a colleague for a long time, and I recently want to ask her to be my girlfriend, but I dont know how, I mean I know how.. but I just do not know how to go back in to courtship. And whether should I just tell her I am going to court her with the intention of marrying her or just court her first? Am I thinking too much?” He finally released all his thoughts.

 

i think you are overthinking. How about asking her out for an outing first, then when the feel is right, you could decide which option you want?” she gave an option that did not make him decide now.

 

But where should we go?” Jong Kook felt his anxiety again.

 

What do you do usually with her?” Aunt Agony asked.

 

We usually have meals or drinks together.” Jong Kook replied.

 

Why don't you start with that? Maybe go to a romantic spot after that.” Jong Kook listened to her advise, and felt it was a safe idea.

 

OK, thanks Aunt Agony.” Although the advise was quite normal, it was still something that calmed his nerves a bit.

 

He immediately gave Ji Hyo a call, “Ji Hyo ya.. “ he said, “How you doing?”

 

Oppa” she greet him chippy. “I am at home, watching MTV. Do you watch new MV “Switch to me?” she asked him. “They were so cool.”

 

Yeah, I like that song too. Rain and JYP Hyung did a good job.” Jong Kook agreed and secretly pleased they liked the same song. “I wanted to try this new restaurant, they suppose to have very good Jjamppong.” And immediately Jong Kook regretted his choice, who would ask any one to be girlfriend over Jjamppong, he wanted to slap himself.

 

Really Oppa, I am hungry now, let's go.” she agreed and wanted to be now! .Jong Kook panic, he was totally not ready!

 

Now? But I just got out of gym,” which is the truth, he was still in his car at the gym carpark.

 

But I have not my dinner yet.” she aegyo.. something she only do with him.

 

Ok, ok.. “ he had really wanted to try the Jjamppong, and it was really not suited for a confession, he could just treat it as a normal outing. “I will come and pick you up.”

 

Yes! I will get ready.. mum... I am not going to eat..” he could hear her telling her mother she not going to eat at home as she disconnected the phone. He smiled, that why he loved her so much. He will plan for another date when he can confess. He started his car finally and drove to her house.

 

As he was reaching, he gave her a call, “Ji Hyo, I will be there in 5 minutes.”

 

Ok, See you, Oppa” she hang up the call.

 

He could see her waving at him as he drove nearly, he slowed down and she got on the car. “Let's go, Oppa.”

 

He smiled, “You are so anxious ha.. “ he . “You must be hungry.”

 

Oppa, It a long time I had ate Jjamppong and a longer time I ate it with you. Of course I am happy and I am really hungry too.' She smiled at him. It nearly dazzled him and sent his heart pumping overtime.

 

He focused again on the road, and they chit chat aimlessly, just been comfortable with each other. They soon reached the restaurant, and both of them sat down and ordered two bowls of Jjamppong and some sour sweet meat. They ate their food leisurely and was satisfied with the taste.

 

Oppa, this is really delicious! Let's come back again.” she said while Jong Kook settled the bill, of course at his insistence. “I will pay next time though.”

 

Ok,” Jong Kook smiled warmly at her. He loved how she enjoyed her food.

 

I am too full, Let's go for a walk.” she suggested, they took a walk under the full moon, the cool breeze gently fan them while they walked down the street. She saw a shop she liked and they entered the shop, it was a shop selling phone covers. She selected two one tiger, one lion. “One for you, one for me. Oppa, give me your phone.”

 

Jong Kook hesitated, “Oppa, this cover fits you, better than the black ones.” she insisted. “Give.” He surrender his phone to her. She tried the new tiger cover on his and the lion one on hers. “See, it looks really nice. Oppa.” she smirked, and proceeded to pay for the covers.

 

Jong Kook looked at her fondly, actually, he will let her do anything to him if she wished. The covers seemed to open a tap, she dragged him into every shop and will bought them something . Then she will put it on him, by the time they reached the end of row, they wore almost similar. She giggled non stop and insisted they took pictures and wefies. Finally, she was satisfied and they left for home. He sent her back first before returning to his apartment. He took down the items one by one and placed them carefully in a drawer.

 

He really wanted to be with her, there is no other. He knew she had no jobs these few days, so after he texted her around noon two days later, “What are your plan tomorrow?”

 

Laze around, Oppa.” she answered almost immediately

 

Want to go for cycling?” he asked

 

Are you feeding me afterwards with real food?” she asked teasing.

 

If you insist,” he texted smiling, he had prepared something special, hopefully she would like it.

 

Ok” she replied swiftly.

 

Great, I will pick you up.” he answered, as he confirmed all his plan.

 

He drove to her home the next day in the morning and she was already waiting for him in a sport gear. “Oppa, where are we cycling?”

 

Han gang, cool breeze along the river.” he replied with ease.

 

OK, Let's go. Oppa, let's listen to 'switch to me'.” she asked.

 

But I dont have it ...”

 

No issue, I have it on my phone.” she played and both of them sang along, Ji Hyo slightly off-key but balanced off by Jong Kook soft hi ones. They reached the cycling spot and rented two bicycles. Ji Hyo led the way, and Jong Kook leisurely followed her. The cool river breeze gently surrounded them and took off some of the heat from the exercise. After two hours, they reached back the rental shops and returned the bicycles. Although they had short break to drink water, now they were both hungry and thirsty. Ji Hyo's face was flushed from the exercise, Jong Kook thought it was way better than any of the make up she had on before.

 

Oppa, lunch now..” demanded Ji Hyo, turning her head.

 

Jong Kook nodded his head, “Well, you have anything you want or anywhere in mind?” They quickly decided they lunch destination and Jong Kook drove them to lunch, Ji Hyo must be tired out from the cycling and she fell asleep during the journey. Jong Kook parked the car and turned to watch the sleeping beauty. She was pretty, and look younger than her age, especially without her makeup. He missed her brown orbs but looking at her so relax and peaceful, he felt happy that he had created such an atmosphere.

 

She opened her eyes slowly, he quickly turned away and pretended to be busy with something. “Oppa, where are we?' she asked in her mong state.

 

We reached, let's go and eat now?” he asked. Her eyes brightened and all her sleepy state were gone.

 

I am so hungry,” she agreed, anyhow running her hands over her hair. She turned and opened to open the door.

 

Wait. Ji Hyo,' Jong Kook hurried stopped her. He quickly released her seat beats for her and gently allowed the seat beats to go back to its original location, his hand came closed to her and he could felt heat creeping up his spine. “Why must you rush, you need to be careful, you still have your seatbelts on.” he started to nag.

 

Oppa, I will be careful next time. I am hungry.” Ji Hyo pleaded, she her puppy eyes, which she only do to Jong Kook.

 

i may not be there next time, Ji Hyo yah... Please be careful. Ok ok .. let's go and eat.” They entered the restaurant and Ji Hyo quickly ordered all the food she wanted for both of them, she was amazed that they could finish the food later.

 

“”Ji Hyo, you rushing off anywhere? “ Jong Kook asked, his hands fidgeting under the table. He could feel his heart starting a race.

 

No, Oppa, I not doing anything else today. Why?” Ji Hyo answered.

 

I wanted to bring you somewhere..” shuttered Jong Kook, he felt like he was back in his twenties when he could not articulate himself clearly.

 

Ji Hyo gave him a suspicious look, “Are you planning something weird? Why are behaving so weird?”

 

I am not behaving weird..” he swallowed hard, “I am not planning anything weird.. Are you coming with me?”

 

Ok, ok ,..” she giggled, noticed her oppa had turned all red.

 

They get into the car, Jong Kook drove her to a dance studio, one that he often used to practised his dance. He blindfold her first when they were near.

 

Oppa, do you need to be so secretive?” she asked.

 

Yes, trust me, ok. I won't sell you away.” he promised, she was too precious anyway. He parked and helped her down his car. His heart was already racing and been this close to her had made it went over his usual heartbeats. He brought her to a chair and asked her to sit down. “Give me 15 minutes to prepare and no peeping.”

 

Ok, Oppa. I am getting sleepy, wake me up when you are ready.” yawned Ji Hyo. She was completed at ease and felt no harm would come to her. Jong Kook smiled at how much trust Ji Hyo had with him. He completed his preparation, and woke Ji Hyo half an hour later., hoping the nap had refreshed her. He helped her removed her eye mask, “Keep your eyes closed.”

 

Ok, you can open your eyes now.” when he standing in front of her. As she opened her eyes, the music “Switch to me” starts, Jong Kook started to dance with the music, and Ji Hyo 'ooooo' she started to scream and fangirling.

 

Jong Kook sang the song, as well as dance the choreography of the song, changing some moves that might injured him. JI Hyo laughed and clapped, she was so amazed of this private dance, and she loved his version.

 

Then when the song end, he kneel one knee in front of her, “Ji Hyo..” he said while panting from the dance. “I.. I .. know you don't have a boyfriend now, but I still hope .. I still hope you can switch to me, me as your boyfriend.” He pulled out a box, and he opened it, it was a necklace, “Please accept me as your boyfriend.” He looked at her, all his eyes and heart were on her.

 

Ji Hyo was speechless, her heart had stopped when he said those words, words that she can only dream of, she could only stared at him. :

 

Ji Hyo, are you ok?” Jong kook asked, his heartbeats had been racing but now it going the opposite direction.

 

Oppa, what do you say? Can you say again?” Ji Hyo wanted to confirm again.

 

I .. I wanted to be your boyfriend.” Jong Kook repeated his request.

 

OK.” she accepted immediately and took the necklace out of the box. It was in a shape of a tiger, his style. She helped him up, and gave him a hug. “Oppa, why did you take so long to ask, I was going to gave up”

 

I am sorry, Ji Hyo” his hand gently touched her hair “I am sorry that I make you waited so long.” 

 

"Oppa, I wanted your version of the song." she said suddenly. "if not, I will not be your girlriend," she tried to free herself from him..

 

He just could not help, but promised, "ok ok: " pulling her back into his embrace. "I will record it for you."

 

"I want a video, i want the dance too." she demanded.

 

"Ok," he heard the door closed, he smiled at his good friends. He leaned and his lips seek hers, thier first kiss finally happened.

 


Hope you like the story and Rain x JYP new song, "Switch to me"