After running man recording

Ace and Sparta
Jong Kook was late, the other members had already went in to start recording, he quickly did a last touch up and put on his mike. 

 

“Hyung, quick.” Haha came and asked him to be faster. He turned and joined Haha. The rest stood up to welcome him, his ears started to heat up, in his mind, he really thought it was unnecessary. Kwang Soo stood up and ask him to take his seat, but not before trying to grab him. Jong Kook gave him a push, “stop it” he muttered, quickly sat down.

 

Today they were suppose to give running man web site a new introduction. As he read the current introduction, a lot of memories came rushing back. He stole a look at Ji Hyo, she was still not ease with them after 10 years, but he felt she had let him into her internal circle and he had included her in his. 

 

Even then, they were more than friends and colleagues but lesser than ..

 

He sighed and joined in the discussion. They were now asked to write the new one. Ji Hyo like always were in her world, concentrating on what to write. He led the discussion and Jae Suk immediately requesting that she talked more. 

 

He decided to write hers last, he quickly finished the rest and concentrated on hers. He wanted to give her some encouragement but PD had skipped his introduction for her. 

 

The moved to the new site, to start the game to decide whose introductory will be chosen. They started their first game but he and her didn’t win, he was lucky at least he did not get dirty. She was not so lucky, a bag of water splashed and wet her. Luckily it was warm here and she had took off the wet clothing.

 

Their designers were not with them and so they had to wait for a new set of clothings. She took off her first and put on a jacket. The designer returned with her fresh clothing first, she went into the room to change. Jong Kook paced around while waiting for the rest.

 

Suddenly, he heard a scream and a bang, Jong Kook turned and saw a flustered Jae Suk exiting the room, he immediately connected, Jae Suk had walked into Ji Hyo current changing room. He immediately kicked Jae Suk, expressing his anger. Ji Hyo came out and complained at the Jae Suk action, but luckily she had already changed and just putting on the sweater. Lucky for Jae Suk, or else he would really punch him.

 

They continued with the game, now they were divided into different teams, he had purposely did not choose her as a partner. There had complains about some bad smell, finally they decided it was someone’s feet. Ji Hyo was sitting beside him and naturally extended her feet to his nose, his hands were busy with the bucket pirate. He gave it a whiff and it was not her. it was never her, he had no doubt. Then he gave a victory shout as the pirate jumped out of the bucket, she was always his lucky star.

 

Everyone was trying to blame someone else about the smell, but they quickly had nailed it on Se-Chan.  The game finally completed and Jae Suk emerged the winner, which was the best in Jong Kook’s mind. 

 

“Oppa,” she quickly ran to him after the recording ended. 

 

“Yes, Ji Hyo,” he smiled, it was a wonder she would look for him, usually he will be the one asking her. 

 

“This is my gift to congratulate your win of Daeang.” She passed him a neatly wrapped present. 

 

“Thank you.” As he took over the gift, he hesitated, “Let me treat you dinner in return.” It was almost dinner time.

 

“Thank you, Oppa, but..” she was trying to think of a reason, although she was close to Jong Kook but thinking of having dinner with him alone make her heart go faster. 

 

“If you don’t have an appointment and do need dinner right?” He added, hoping that she would agree.

 

“Ok Oppa,” she agreed shyly. “What are we having?”

 

“Steak ? Or Barberque?” He asked.

 

“BBQ,” she suddenly had a craving for pork and beef. “Let’s go your restaurant.”  She naturally slipped her arm into his, like always when they walked together,Jong Kook smiled, as always, she was the single mind cell whose action reflected her thinking.  They walked to her car, Jong Kook’s manager needed the car and he was happy not to drive once in a while. He went to the passenger side, “Oppa, you are driving.” Ji Hyo quickly passed him the key and slided into the passenger seat.

 

Jong Kook mused, most probably, she was going to take a nap in the car. He busy himself with getting the car right for him, while he saw her getting ready for a nap. She lower her seat, and she looked so comfy. He the radio and put on some soft music, finally he was ready to drove off. He reached the carpark 45 mins later, there was some jam and he had some difficulty looking for a car park. He turned round to look at his sleeping beauty, she was deep in her sleep and mumbling something. He thought he heard his name, and he moved nearer to hear what she had to say.

 

“Oppa,” she muttered, “Why won’t you love me, like I do?” Jong Kook’s felt something squeezed his heart. She was in love with someone, who is it. Was it him? 

 

“Say my name.” He tried to fish for more information.

 

Miraculously, she replied, “Kim Jong Kook.”

 

“Song Ji Hyo,” he moved nearer to her ear, he whispered, “I love you. Do you love me?” He asked.

 

The car was dimly lighted by the street light, he could see the tips of ear turning red. “Oppa.. “ she murmured, “You really love me? “ she asked.

 

She was still the cute little girl, the one he knew who had a lot of self doubt.

 

“Song Ji Hyo, I only and forever love you.” He promised. In his heart, he already knew he would do,.

 

She stirred, he quickly sat straight. She had not woke up, he was feeling great. The radio was playing a romantic song, and he sang with the song. It was song about getting married. She opened her eyes, and listened his singing. When the song was done, she sat up, feeling something was missing and yet there was this pink bubbles popping in her heart, she could put her finger on what was it.

 

“Oppa, where are we?” She asked, brain still murky.

 

“in the carpark, we reached. Are you hungry or still want more rest ?”he answered. Ji Hyo’s stomach truthfully helped her answered. 

 

Jong Kook helped released the seat belt for her, “Put on your jacket, “ he nagged as usual. After seeing that she was properly dressed, he opened the door to let the cool winter air into the car. She shivered and glad of the warm jacket. She quickly got down the car and followed jong Kook into the back door of the restaurant. 

 

They had called in advanced, the manager had ahead prepared the room and the food. It was waiting for them and the stove was already heated.  Ji Hyo quickly put a piece of meat on the stove to cook before taking off her jacket. Jong Kook took over the job of putting pieces of meat to fill the stove after removing his jacket. They worked in sync as usual.

 

After eating their fill, Jong Kook brought up the topic of dreams casually. “I dreamt of a good dream the other day,” he started to share.Ji Hyo as usually listened intensely.

 

“I was watching a movie with someone. My heart was racing from the closeness with her, I could not see her face, but I hoped it was with the woman I have always loved.” Fear and disappointment slipped into her eyes. “Finally, the movie ended and the theatre light , and I could see the face clearly.”

 

“Who was it?” She asked, hoping her voice did not betray her.

 

“She was very pretty, and she was the one I hoped for.” She was getting impatient, he could tell. “Then she demanded me to tell her I love her, such a demanding woman.” He noticed sadness was seeping from her eyes. He had to quickly end the story, “So I shouted, SONG JI HYO, I LOVE YOU.” Then it was silent, he watched her, her eyes were cloudy at first, then they cleared up.

 

“Oppa,” she gave a low groan before her fists landed on him. She didn’t use a lot of force, but he could feel her anger and also her happiness. He grabbed the moving hands and gathered her into his arms.

 

“Yes, my love. That was what you did in my dreams.” He teased, then he was alarmed, he could feel wetness slowly spreading on his shirt. He gently lifted her face towards him, “Why are you crying?” He asked.

 

“You.. you.. you scared me, then tell me what I wanted to hear, and then .. “ she broke in tears, two stream of tears fell and he quickly took up tissue to wipe of her tears, after some time, she finally stopped crying in his embrace. She gave his chest a final fist. 

 

“You are going to love me, with everything.” She demanded. “Because of today.”

 

“Okay”, he looked at her lovingly. it will be a bad time to tell her she declared her love first.

 

“And you will not kiss me today, not now, not like this.” She pulled out of his embrace, regretfully but it had to be done and went back to her seat. Her makeup was ruin, she covered her face. “You are going to do it again. Tell me you love me and only me again.”

 

“Okay,” it was his fault no matter what. “Let me send you home?” He asked. The bill would be credited as they slipped out back to her car. She remembered she had some makeup remover pad in the back of the car and she decided to sit behind to remove her makeup. She was not going to face him with a ruin face, even he saw the much worse before. Jong Kook looked at her action, knowing that she treasured their relationship. He drove back to her home and parked the car.

 

He opened the door for his princess. “I will not send you to the door today.” He said. “Tomorrow, I will formally invite you out. Are you available?” He asked. She nodded, looking at the ground, but the tips of ears turned red.

 

He leaned towards her, “I love you, Ji Hyo yeah..” and with that she jumped apart and quickly ran away. He chuckled, to a better tomorrow and left the building, planning for their first date.