One Step

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To haechanela, edel16, dockie8ph, and SilentOne43 . . . Thank you so much for upvoting guys!

 

 

Daesung and Taeyang attended Dara’s musical!!! My 2nebang hearteu!!! Okay. I’m hoping for a certain fish to ninja his way there. He can always bring Hyukkie as a good front. Meley me nemen. Hahahaha!

 


 

 

 

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Good morning.” He made a soft yawn, squinting his eyes as the light showered all over his room.

 

“Who’s this?” The voice asked.

 

Donghae snorted. “Very funny.” He sat up from his bed, walking towards his glass door and opened it. The warm breeze of ocean greeted him, and he smiled. “Have you eaten your breakfast?”

 

“No. You’re too far away. Can you come here, so I can finally eat? I’m starving.”

 

Donghae laughed. “Hyuk. It’s too early for that.”

 

Eunhyuk laughed over the phone. “Well, you asked.” He was busy looking over some documents his secretary brought in his pad last night.

 

Donghae heard the flipping of some pages. “You’re busy.” He said. “It’s only quarter to seven, and you’re busy already.” He stretched his arms upwards.

 

“Yep.” The man on a black suit answered. “Some investors are coming. If I win them over, then I might finally come back there in South Korea.” Eunhyuk smiled, feeling satisfied and ready for the meeting later. He glanced at his window, looking at the line of restaurants outside. “You see, I’m getting tired of eating pasta and burgers. My stomach couldn’t seem to take the New York food anymore.”

 

Donghae smiled at that. “Win them over, and come home already. I’m sure you miss Heechul hyung’s ramyeon.”

 

Eunhyuk made a grunt. “Don’t remind me of that. I’m getting hungry for real now.”

 

“But are you serious?”

 

“About what?” Eunhyuk looked at his watch. He had to go to his office.

 

“About coming home.”

 

He paused. “I said, coming back. Not coming home.” He chuckled as he shook his head for a bit. “Our home is waiting for us in Switzerland, remember?” He went out his apartment, and walked to the elevator, pressing the down button.

                                                                                                                                   

Donghae became silent. Switzerland. He sighed. “Hyuk.”

 

The elevator door opened, Eunhyuk got in as he smiled to a little girl who waved at him. “Listen, I gotta go. I have to call Lee Hi again about some pointers. Bye. Love you, babe.”

 

“Love-”

 

The line ended.

 

Donghae stared at his phone for a while, looking at the picture of his boyfriend as his wallpaper. Switzerland. He looked back at the ocean, remained standing there for the next couple of minutes before he decided to take a shower.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk pointed the tip of his pencil here and there as he checked the details of the upcoming wedding of Mr. Song Mino. “Everything is going smoothly except for this wedding next week. I mean, Heechul is having a hard time baking. You know how he ate the whole cake last night after I took a bite and said it was okay.” He shook his head, recalling how his boyfriend threw tantrums everytime he couldn’t get the taste of the cake right. “He wouldn’t take okay as a good sign. That guy.” He massaged his temples.

 

Donghae nodded as he took a sip of his orange juice.

 

“I really wish Sooyoung was here whenever we have these weddings.” Leeteuk said. She was their former baker in the resort, but she left for Canada to settle down after getting married last year. “The groom’s mother was really too picky, too perfectionist.” If it were a regular couple getting married, then the manager could just order cake to Kibum’s, it was the place they order cakes and pastries in the restaurant after Sooyoung left.

 

But no, Mino was the son of a senator and a lot of influential people are going to attend the wedding. They couldn’t afford any mistake. “Did you know that she said no to every cake I had delivered for the food tasting last Tuesday? And these were the cakes made by some of the famous bakers in the country. Crazy.” He closed the folder of the couple. “Heechul didn’t know what to do. He’s a great chef, but he has his weakness too.” Leeteuk turned to him. “So, what do you think we should do?”

 

“Huh?” Donghae absentmindedly asked him back.

 

Leeteuk creased his brows. “Are you even listening?”

 

Donghae sat up straight, finishing the orange juice on his hand. “Y-yeah. I . . . I’m listening. The wedding . . .” He nodded. “Maybe Heechul hyung can do it this time?”

 

Leeteuk’s brows creased even more. “I was expecting you to tell me that I should call Sooyoung and make her come back here just once, but your suggestion or more like a belief was even more absurd. Okay, what’s wrong?” He gave him a knowing look.

 

“Huh?”

 

“What’s bothering you?”

 

“Nothing.” He took the folder from the manager’s hands and scanned the details, not really understanding them for his mind was somewhere else.

 

“Is it your father?”

 

“Hm?” Donghae looked at him, then back to the paper. “No.”

 

“Your brother, Seunggi?”

 

He shook his head.

 

“So, it’s him.” Leeteuk gave a knowing smile, leaning on the leathered chair across him.

 

Donghae finally sighed, putting down the folder. “He still wants us to move in Switzerland.” Donghae stood and walked to the balcony. He watched as the birds flew above the turquoise water that kissed the white shore. Leeteuk followed him, and they stood there beside each other. “I mean, what’s in Switzerland that Jeju doesn’t have?”

 

“You know the answer.” Leeteuk told him.

 

His ambition. Donghae grew quiet, thinking about those times when he first planned in building a resort. Eunhyuk was the only person who stood by his side, supporting him in his decision.

 

“How about you?”

 

Donghae looked at him.

 

“What’s in Jeju that Switzerland doesn’t have?” Leeteuk didn’t look at him, but just smiled at the sea.

 

Donghae watched kids playing sand happily with their parents. “You know the answer.” He told him back.

 

Leeteuk smiled and tapped him on the shoulder. His peace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Listen, I don’t know how you found out about my deal with Lee Seunggi, but I want you to know that I don’t care about what you think. I will continue my mission and you can never stop me. Do you get me?” Dara pointed a finger. “I will not leave Sapphire Ocean Beach Resort till I make Lee Donghae a real man. So, you can zip your filthy mouth and leave me alone!”

 

Dara smirked at her own reflection, before leaving the women’s bathroom. Now, where is that Kim Heechul?

 

“What the hell took you so long?” An angry voice roared as she stepped out the door.

 

“Whoa! Oh my god! You scared me!” Dara embraced the grocery bag to her chest as her back was glued on the cold wall. “C-Chef.”

 

“Don’t C-C-Chef me.” Heechul wanted to smack her on the head. “Did you buy everything on the list?”

 

“Yes, Chef.” Dara opened the grocery bag. “Everything’s here.” Don’t I have anything to say to him? She forgot already, especially now she was in front of a very pissed Kim Heechul.

 

“Then, what are you waiting for?” He swung a wet big mixer and put it on top of the grocery bag. It almost fell as she balanced everything on her hands, arms, and now face. “Bring all those to the kitchen.”

 

“Yes, Chef!”

 

Heechul sashayed his way to the restaurant’s kitchen, not caring about the girl behind him who was swaying with so much things.

 

Dara was panting as she put everything carefully on the table. It was already near 11 o’clock in the evening. Every staff went to rest, except for him. “Where will I put all these ingredients, Chef?”

 

Heechul sat on the stool, loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter