Moving On It

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To kathyrica17, reckiv, Iamkpopprincess, lavezjoy, kaeseolin24, and Moon-Walker . . .  Thank you for upvoting guys!!! I'm updating through phone. Can't put colors and lines. Tsk. Yeah. That matters to me. Keke But really, thanks!! I love you!! 

 

Have you seen the story's poster?! Kyaaaaaaahhh! I'm still spazzing over it till now. Keke Moon-Walker-nim is the genius behind it!! (Whispers- can't believe she's reading this) Haha! Annyeong! Saranghae!! You are really awesome!! Please check all her works in their shop. Link is on the foreword. Keke The poster pushed me to write an update using my phone. Laptop broke. Lost my first draft for this chap. Psshhh. But I think I like this one better. Keke 

 

Still waiting for a certain fish in the rabbit's musical. I know. I can feel it. He'll come. 

 

But don't take my word. I'be been having these feelings for the past FIVE YEARS! Tch. Lol

 

Okay. I speak too much.

 

Go.

 

Read.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The whole week passed smoothly. Dara became the official baker in the Sapphire Ocean Beach Resort. She spends mostly of her time in Haru's kitchen. When she finishes baking the cakes, she helps in the restaurant. She cleans the table, mops the floor, buys stuff in the grocery, and other Chef Heechul's do-this-now-Dara stuff. She was tired, but very much accomplished. She's doing what she loves, dreams, most. Baking and making people happy with her cakes.

 

"Dara."

 

"Minji." She grinned at her.

 

"What on earth are you grinning about?" Minzy  creased her brows at her. She found it weird how her friend was smiling happily all by herself outside the ELF cafe. 

 

Dara chuckled. "Nothing." She looked at the table where little kids were excitedly pointing at their chosen piece of cakes to their mother. "I'm just glad that some people like my cakes." She admitted. 

 

"Some people?" Minzy gave her an incredulous look. "Some people? Everybody loves your cake!" She exclaimed.

 

"Okay. That's exaggerating." Dara laughed.

 

"Of course not." Minzy told her. "I eat it everyday, not caring how my uniform raises that alert gaining-too-much-fat level for every bite." She made an agreement with the manager in ELF cafe to keep a slice for her, which she pays and eats at the end of her exhausting day. "I heard from the staff in ELF cafe that the number of their customers rises, because they keep coming back for your cakes. And puhlease. Your magic cakes work wonders to Chef Heechul. I bet you can bribe him with your strawberry mousse cake. Not even Ms. Sooyoung could put a happy cloud on the diva's fab head when she was here."

 

Dara just smiled, recalling how the easily annoyed chef turns a into a fluffy unicorn when he eats her cake.

 

"Don't you get tired?" Minzy asked. "You bake at night, then you work at Haru's the next day. I'm pretty sure Manager Leeteuk will allow you to lessen the number of working hours you give here in the resort. I remember Ms. Sooyoung was only baking, after that she sunbathes or spends her time in the gym."

 

"Ms. Sooyoung was their friend. She's a woman with a degree and she came from a rich family. She's allowed to have that privilege." Dara replied with a smile. She heard that the woman was a very close friend with the Lees. "Plus, I really enjoy working at Haru's, Minzy. I don't wanna say it, but I really do learn a lot from Chef Heechul." She laughed, while shaking her head, not wanting to believe it too. 

 

"Your now favorite chef?" Minzy asked her teasingly.

 

Dara scrunched her nose with her thinned lips. "Hmmmm. Getting there? I mean, he'd be if he stops glaring at me whenever I ask him a question. He's the scariest person I've ever met. The manager should begin looking at these fine lads on the shore if he wanted to have peace in his life."

 

The girls laughed, now watching the guests in their bikinis and board shorts passed by.

 

"Mr. Lee is really lucky to have an employee like you."

 

Dara stared at Minzy for a while.

 

 

 

Mr. Lee is really lucky to have an employee like you.

 

 

 

An employee like you.

 

 

 

An employee.

 

 

 

"What?" Minzy asked, when the lady beside her looked like a coconut fell on her. 

 

Dara grunted loudly, trudging away from there with her shoulders hanging so low.

 

"Yah. What's wrong?" Minzy ran to her side. They were now heading back to Haru's.

 

It's been a month, and yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter