Chef's Kiss

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To rye27rye, Sanjiyang21, mechelle15, and marasis17, thank you so much for upvoting guys!!! Keep safe always! 

 

 

 

 

 

“Welcome to ELF café!”

 

Dara was busy helping the staff in the café that morning. A female staff called in sick, that’s why she volunteered for the day. She just finished taking an order to some teenagers. “One blueberry cheesecake, 2 pieces of dark chocolate brownies, 1 hot café mocha and 1 cappuccino . . .” She looked back at her paper again. “Hot.”

 

The bell on the door rang again. “Dara.” Another staff called her. She finished cleaning the tables outside. “Table 9.”

 

“Deh!” Dara happily made an okay sign as she headed out. Her steps slowed down at the customer seated on the table. She’s really pretty. She smelled like fresh strawberries and cream too. Dara thought as she bowed and smiled at the customer. The woman on the table was wearing a chic white big hat that matches well with her pink floral dress and black shades. “Welcome to ELF Café!” Dara beamed a smile. “Can I get your order?”

 

“Lee Donghae.”

 

“Eh?” She thought she heard her wrong.

 

The woman laughed and took her glasses off, placing it on the table. “Oh. One caramel macchiato. Cold.” She clarified. “But I mean, do you know where’s Lee Donghae?”

 

“Uhm.” Dara contemplated whether to answer that or not, because they really are not allowed to just disclose the owner’s whereabouts.

 

The woman noticed her hesitating, and she smiled kindly. “It’s my first time here in his resort. I just want to see him after so long.” She pouted.

 

Dara nodded. “Yes, ma’am. I’ll relay the message to Mr. Lee’s secretary.” She bowed at her, after writing her order on the paper. “May I ask for your name?” She readied her pen too.

 

“Tiffany Young.” The long-haired chic told her. “Tell him his ex-girlfriend wants to see him.”

 

“Deh.” Dara finished writing the name on the paper and bowed at her. She turned her back on the lady and stopped.

 

Tell him his ex-girlfriend wants to see him.

 

His ex-girlfriend . . .

 

Ex-girlfriend?!?!?!?!?!?!

 

Dara slammed her hands on the table with widened eyes directed at the equally shocked Tiffany. “Mwo?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Deh. She really said she is our boss’ ex-girlfriend.”

 

“How did that happen?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“But I thought . . .”

 

“Yeah. I don’t know. It’s weird.”

 

Minzy and Dara had their backs bent, their hands on their knees, hiding behind a huge plant inside the resort’s restaurant. They looked like those aspiring spies in movies who failed in the tests because they do not know what it means to be inconspicuous.

 

“She looks like a celebrity.” Minzy commented.

 

“Yeah.” Dara agreed too. Their eyes were focused on their boss and the lady eating lunch happily. Donghae said something which Tiffany laughed out loud while covering .

 

Heechul entered the back door of the restaurant, and his forehead furrowed at the butts sticking in front of him. He folded his arms and stood behind the two oblivious girls. He looked at the direction they were so focused at.

 

“Do you believe her?” Minzy asked her, almost whispering.

 

“Mr. Lee’s ex-girlfriend?” Dara whispered back. “How is that possible? Isn’t he gay?”

 

“Deh.”

 

“Do gays fall in love with girls too?”

 

“I don’t know.” Minzy replied. “But they really look good though.”

 

“Ani.” Dara shook her head.

 

“Wae?” Heechul butted in.

 

“Yeah. Why?” Minzy asked her too.

 

“She doesn’t look like his type at all.” Dara made that knowing face.

 

“Sincha?” Heechul leaned even more. “What is Donghae’s type then?”

 

“Yeah. What is Donghae’s-” Minzy stopped talking when she felt something was wrong. Dara and Minzy looked at each other, before slowly turning behind them. Kim Heechul’s face was grinning widely at them. The two jumped away from him that they bumped noisily on the chairs. The customers looked at their direction, as well as Donghae and Tiffany. The two bowed with reddened face as they fixed the chairs again.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes as he sat in one of the chairs near them. “For you two unglamorous and lame gossip girls’ information,” He raised her right foot to his other leg. “Tiffany is really Donghae’s ex-girlfriend.”

 

The girls glanced at each other before taking the two seats beside the chef.

 

“Boss had a girlfriend in the past?” Dara asked him out of curiosity.

 

“What about Mr. Lee Hyukjae?” Minzy asked too.

 

Heechul shook his head. “She came before Hyukjae.” He said. “He met Tifanny during high school. They were together for seven months. I think.”

 

Dara was about to ask another question but stopped when Heechul spoke again.

 

“It’s not really shocking.” Heechul had his eyes on Donghae and Tiffany. “Among the four us, Donghae has the highest chance to hook up with a girl.”

 

“What?” Minzy asked him.

 

“That guy is more complicated than us.” He told them as he leaned back on the chair comfortably. “He’s bi.”

 

The two blinked their eyes for some good seconds. “Bi?” Dara and Minzy asked in unison.

 

“Biual.” He said flatly. “You don’t know what biual means?”

 

“I know.” Minzy replied, still looking confused at the moment.

 

Dara just stared at the chef with questioning eyes. No way. She remembered Lee Seunggi. “But his brother-”

 

“Of course, Lee Seunggi and the rest of the world will just name him gay. Until now, Donghae has never entered any other relationship besides Hyukjae. Well, after Tifanny.”

 

The girls nodded.

 

“He surely prefers men, but I’m not really saying it’s not possible for him to fall with a woman though.” Heechul tilted his head to his right, looking like a therapist who was observing Donghae from afar. “We have talked about it a lot of times. He had girls that he liked back when we were college. I’m saying there’s a chance, but . . .”

 

“But?” Dara asked.

 

Knowing how weak he is for the man named Lee Hyukjae. Heechul thought. They might be moving on now, but how long? He knew those two well. Too well. Hyukjae will never allow Donghae to be taken away from him.

 

“Chef?” Dara asked him again. It’s like he just transferred to another dimension when he stared at Donghae.

 

Heechul looked back at them and shrugged. “It’s just I’ve never met a woman that could make Donghae fall in love with.” He said as a matter of fact. “Date, maybe. Like I said, hook up.” He nodded shortly. “Fall in love?” He looked back at his friend again. “I don’t see it though.” Especially with Hyuk in the picture. “Let’s say the preference for the male specie is way higher than that for female. There is but it’s not enough.”

 

The girls were quiet as they looked at the owner.

 

“How about y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter