Conflicting

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I can’t believe it took me two months to update this one. And I’m not really on a hiatus. lol

 

Have you moved on from Dara’s guesting on the D&E show? Coz I haven’t. Kyaaaaaaaaa!!! I already spazzed in my one-shot fic. Here’s the link below to those Royals who haven’t read it. Keke Share the kilig guyssssss!

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1498465/donghae-s-turf

 

Sidenote.

 

I just find it weird that when Donghae and Eunhyuk asked Dara if she knows their singles or comeback song, she didn’t have any idea? Solmaaaa? When she follows Donghae oppa in IG and he had been posting about their anniversary album and ganap for months? She didn’t see even one post or recall a single word? Like Something Love (California Love) or Something Number (Zero)? Kahit as a friend? HAHAHAHAHA

 

Okaaaaaay. Baka nga naman. Hehe

 

Also, the staff in the D&E show really researched well to give Dara an oversized Tom and Jerry shirt. They know she loves wearing men’s size shirts. Good tip! I mean, good job! Chaaaar. Hahaha!

 

I’m a shipper. I delu if I want to. kkkkkkkkk

 

To Hapi0305, Missus_Athena and yatkit15, thank you for upvoting guys!!! Giving you a virtual spaghetti! Ahh. You’re sick of it? Hahaha Kidding. Sending you Lee Eunhyukjae's virtual heart!!! Oh gosh! He's so seyyyyyyy!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

He took his third swing of whiskey that cold night in a high-end jazz bar somewhere in the busiest city of the state. There wasn’t a night that went by without him stopping by that place. As usual, he was the only one on the bar counter, while the others preferred the small tables on the center or the long couches on the side. The sound of the saxophone would complete the day of the romantic, but not him. Emptiness wouldn’t even describe that feeling he’s been having from five months ago. Ever since Donghae broke up with him.

 

Donghae. An image of his face smiling brightly at him visited him for the millionth time. Eunhyuk gulped hard the remaining alcohol in his glass, then raised another hand to the bartender. He just leaned back on the stool he was sitting on and closed his eyes.

 

This is about you choosing your dreams over me.

 

Donghae’s hurt voice echoed inside him no matter where he goes or what he does. He was his bestfriend. He was the love of his life.

 

You are not enough to complete me.

 

And he hurt him. Again.

 

His perfect jaw tightened even more, remembering that damn night. They say he’s a man full of ambitions, and he’ll never dispute that. He never met his mother. She died giving birth to him. Growing up, he had his father beside him, supporting and loving him unconditionally. When Eunhyuk admitted to him his real feelings, his identity, during dinner, his father only uttered two words. I know. Then, held his hands tighter. It was the first time he sobbed his whole heart out.

 

In his eyes, his father was his greatest hero. Lee Byung Ho. When their architectural firm suffered so much loss when he was in college, he watched how the light in the eyes of the strongest man he’s ever known flickered little by little. His most trusted relatives and friends turned their backs against him, all voted for him to be replaced in the company he built with his own blood and sweat, even prayers. His employees pleaded for their jobs, but Byung Ho couldn’t do anything as he lost his rights and power over their empire. Eunhyuk stood beside him all those times and watched how depression ate his father no matter how hard he tried to bring sunshine to his life. He became very ill, and then one day he just didn’t wake up.

 

On his grave, his son vowed. Someday, he’d take back what is theirs. Someday, he’d make everyone see his father’s legacy back on top, and it’ll remain there . . . until he himself draws his last breath. When Eunhyuk got that exhilarating taste of power, taking the CEO title two years after he graduated, he craved for more. Behind him was Donghae’s hand that pushed him whenever things go hard and unbearable. Beside his bed every night was Donghae’s breath that kept his soul safe and sane.

 

Donghae stayed beside him every single time.

 

But not this time.

 

“Hi.” A blonde woman on a tight black dress and stilettos sat on the vacant chair on his left. “It seems you’re-”

 

Eunhyuk opened his eyes but did not even throw a glance at her. “ off.”

 

A scoff of disbelief came out of her as she stood up. “.” She left him there and went back to her drunk friends on the couch.

 

Eunhyuk didn’t care about that, but his brows creased at the still empty glass of his. He saw someone’s hands holding his favorite brand of whiskey was just standing in front of him. Eunhyuk raised his look and stared questioningly at the bartender.

 

The guy with sharp and mysterious eyes hesitantly smiled at him. “You never went past three glasses.”

 

It confused him for a bit for the guy was right. He was a bit surprised too as the guy spoke in Korean. He looked one as well. Eunhyuk tilted his head to the right. “I’m sure that’s not what you’re paid for here.”

 

The guy smirked a bit. “Yes, indeed, but . . .” His right hand was still on the bottle. “You’ll be my responsibility if you just passed out if I give you another round.”

 

He sounded so sure that it irked Eunhyuk. He looked around and saw that there was no other bartender in the counter. Is this guy new or what?

 

The guy made a soft chuckle. “I’m working here in the bar for the past three years.” It was like he got what’s inside his customer’s head instantly. “And for the last five months, I’ve learned that you only order the same thing every night. Three-shot glasses of Glenmorangie, and then you’ll leave. Good taste, by the way.” He continued. “You already had 135ml of whiskey, 45ml each shot. The next round will surely leave you a ful hangover in the morning.” The guy noticed how his loyal customer looked like he was near throwing him a kick on the face. “Just a friendly warning.”

 

Eunhyuk just stared at him quietly, looking pissed at how nosy this employee was. Before he could tell him to mind his own business, a hand was stretched towards him.

 

“I’m Korean too. My name is Kim Yesung.” The bartender in white sleeves and black vest smiled.

 

Eunhyuk glanced sharply at the hand and then back to him. He took his empty glass and raised it above the hand, and let it fell. “I don’t care.”

 

Yesung didn’t take his eyes off him as he caught the glass with his right hand and smiled again. He just nodded, poured him his whiskey, and let the glass slide towards Eunhyuk’s hand on the table. Eunhyuk took it and turned his back on him, facing the band playing intricate jazz music on the stage.

 

Without a sound, the bartender just chuckled behind him. He walked back to the cabinet and resumed wiping the champagne glasses. Yesung glanced at Eunhyuk’s back, remembering how annoyed he looked at him a while ago. At least, for a moment, he didn’t look that sad anymore. He laughed at his own silly thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Did you receive it?” Dara asked on the screen of Minzy’s laptop. She was on a short break that afternoon, sitting in one of the colorful benches in the children’s playground. There were a few kids playing in the swings and huge elephant slides, accompanied by their parents in the area.

 

“Yeah.” Bom replied. “Are you sure you still have money with you? You sure sent a lot.”

 

“That’s not even half of the amount I borrowed from you since college.” Dara laughed, a watermelon popsicle on her hand. “I’ll send my payment again after I finish this modelling stint this weekend.”

 

“You’re really living your life in that place.” Bom commented. “I envy you.”

 

Dara laughed louder. “No, you’re not. You’re head over heels to your director. You will not survive without him.” She teased.

 

“Okay. That’s exaggerating it, but . . .” Bom’s face lightened at the mention of her forever crush. “Have I mentioned that he gave me a very cute Hello Kitty cake on my birthday?”

 

“You said that thrice already.” Dara replied dryly. “Plus, you never liked Hello Kitty.”

 

“Well, I like it now. It’s now my favorite.”

 

“Geez, Bommie.” She shook her head. “You’re crazy about that guy.”

 

“And so?” Her friend pouted. “You’re just jealous because there’s no one there who completes your day and makes you feel nice and sunny unlike my handsome director-nim.” Bom’s feet wiggled on the air, hugging her pillow tightly as he lay on her bed.

 

Dara got tongue-tied as she pursed her lips forward and looked away.

 

Bom noticed this. “Omo.”

 

Dara looked back at the screen. “What?”

 

“You have someone?”

 

“What someone?” Dara creased her brows a bit, then looked away. Totally avoiding her friend’s detective-like gaze.

 

“Who is it?” Bom threw her pillow away and held the screen.

 

“What?” Dara smiled in disbelief. “No one.”

 

“You’re lying. You’re even smiling stupidly right now.”

 

“I’m not-” It’s true though. A wide smile she was trying to suppress kept on showing on her lips. “I’m not smiling, okay. You’re just being annoying.”

 

“Park!” Bom shouted already. “You got a boyfriend?!”

 

“No!” She denied strongly, but the smile was still etched on her. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

 

“Is there someone you like in that resort?” Bom squinted her eyes even more.

 

“None. There’s really no one.”

 

She was saying no, but Dara’s wide and giddy smile tells Bom otherwise. “Park!”

 

“Park!” Dara said out loud too. She was cursing her facial features for betraying her mind. But how could she blame it completely when it’s her mind who’s thinking of someone else’s face.

 

“. You’re lyin’ to me.” Bom nodded to the screen, sensing how suspicious her best friend is acting.

 

“. I said I’m not-” Dara’s eyes caught a glimpse of a seemingly three-year old kid left unattended and about to slide on its own with no one below. She dashed towards the little boy, while screaming.

 

Bom frowned at the sudden disappearance. “Where’d that go?” She took a sip of her corn shake when she heard a man’s voice. Someone was guiding a kid and her nanny to the playground. The straw left as she got a clear view of the namja’s face, standing beside the bench. What a very handsome man.

 

“Thank you for helping us find the playground area, sir.” The kid’s nanny bowed at him.

 

He was actually on his way to the manager’s office when he found the kid throwing tantrums in the shore. “It’s no big deal. Take care.” Donghae bowed at the two, as the kid waved to him shyly and then ran to the swings. He glanced to his right and saw someone staring back at him on the screen of a laptop. He looked away quickly. Whose laptop is this? He was about to leave, when the woman on the screen greeted him.

 

“Annyeonghaesayo!”

 

Donghae looked behind him, confirming she was actually talking to him. “A-annyeonghaesayo.” He bowed a bit.

 

Bom felt she was cheating on her one-sided crush director, but she couldn’t help but be in awe at the presence of this mysterious hot guy on a simple maroon crew shirt and board shorts. There must be a lot of hot male guests in that resort. Dara is so lucky! “Uhm. Do you know where’s my friend? The one who owns this laptop?”

 

Eh? Donghae looked around but did not see anyone familiar. Dara left the area and was currently looking for the kid’s older sister who the kid said was buying him ice cream. “I’m sorry, but I don’t know-”

 

Now, Bom felt somewhat annoyed at Dara. How could she just leave Minzy’s laptop there? If it gets stolen, it’ll be added to the list of things she has to save up for. “Uhm, sir.” She asked Donghae politely. “Can you bring this laptop to the resort’s restaurant? My friend works there. I don’t know where she went. Dara can be really careless of-”

 

“Dara?” Donghae blinked, confirming if he heard the name right.

 

“Oh.” She paused. “You know her?” Bom was surprised.

 

“Y-yes.” He nodded.

 

“Are you a guest?”

 

“Uhm. No.” He shook his head.

 

“Are you her workmate?”

 

“No.”

 

Bom studied him carefully. He’s not a guest neither an employee? “I’m sorry, but what’s your name again?”

 

Again? But he hasn’t told it. He smiled awkwardly. “My name is Lee Donghae.”

 

Bom’s lips parted at the name. “The owner?”

 

Donghae just smiled and nodded.

 

“No, you’re not.”

 

His smile faded at that. “Eh?”

 

“You can’t be Lee Donghae.” Bom told him straight.

 

Huh? “Uhmm. I really am Lee Donghae.” He pointed to himself. To be honest, he was so confused at the conversation too.

 

“That’s impossible.” Bom recalled that time they were drinking after Dara was busted in her mission to make Lee Donghae straight.

 

He glanced to the side then back to her. “Waeyo?”

 

Dara reached the bench and was shocked to see the owner standing there.

 

“Dara said Lee Donghae is ugly.”

 

dropped on the green grass and froze beside him. Donghae could only blink at that when Dara recovered and slammed the laptop closed. Damn you, Bommie! Her mind screamed at her friend’s tactless mouth. She was closing her eyes while her back bent on the bench, praying for a lightning to strike her down and bury her deep, deep down the ground.

 

“Really?” Donghae finally said and raised his brows.

 

Dara quickly turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter