In a Dilemma

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for upvoting jonangee, kateremembers, and Jidara01!! Keep safe guys!! 

 

It's the queens anniversary today! Happy 2NE11Years!! It's amazing how we stayed and love them just as much. I guess, 2ne1 and we, Blackjacks, have that unbreakable bond.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk put the piece of paper on his table. 

 

"What's this?" Donghae stopped typing and took it.

 

"I can't believe it." Leeteuk sat on the chair in front if him while shaking his head. "Dara?”

 

Mr. Lee, I'm sorry. He put the paper down and resume typing. 

 

"Heechul told me everything. You know him. He knows everything that happens here. And he never tells me. That evil gay." Leeteuk scowled as he remembered how Heechul looked like a principal breaking down the things he missed.

 

Donghae smiled at that. 

 

Leeteuk studied him. It wasn't the first time this happened, but it was always him who receives the news last. This time was different though. She was their employee. Not only that. . . "The wedding cake?"

 

Donghae looked at him. "We have the recipe." He pointed at the paper. "We have the design. That's all that matters." He took a sip of his orange juice. "If Heechul hyung couldn't do it, we can get help from Kibum's."

 

"And Mrs. Song? Should we tell her?"

 

"Only if you want the wedding to get cancelled." Donghae told him. 

 

Leeteuk nodded. "Have you called uncle?"

 

Donghae stopped typing. His eyes glanced to the side, looking troubled for a second. "No."

 

Leeteuk nodded again in understanding. "Do you think he'll really come? It's been what, two years?"

 

"Three." He said. "I don't know if he'll come but," Donghae stared at him. "We'll be ready." He resumed typing, but now he didn't know his next words for the report.

 

Leeteuk noticed how his friend looked so unfocused, and he knew the exact reason why. "Donghae?" He softly called his name.

 

"Nothing can go wrong with this wedding, hyung." His eyes showed so much certainty. "Nothing."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Solma?" Bom almost spilled her beer. "He said those?"

 

"Yeah." Dara drank her beer. After two days of being back in Seoul, she visited her best friend in her apartment.

 

"Cheap? Desperate?" Bom uttered the words in disbelief. "That you've got no self-respect and conscience?"

 

Dara nodded, eating some chips. The movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier was playing on TV, but they weren't paying any attention to it.

 

"How dare him!" Bom drank from her bottle again. She was shaking her head like it was the most unbelievable thing that happened on Earth.

 

"Really?" Dara looked at her.

 

"Yeah."

 

"So, was he wrong?"

 

Bom stared at her. "Hm?"

 

"Was Lee Donghae wrong?" She repeated the question. She told Bom every single thing that happened to her in the resort. "Are those words do not depict me at all?"

 

Bom pursed her lips forward, avoiding her serious look. "W-well..." She thought about it hard.  "I said, 'how dare him'. I-I mean, he's really daring, that Lee Donghae." She scratched her head. "I didn't say he's wrong." 

 

Dara laughed a bit. There's a reason why she's her best friend. "I thought so." She glanced at the TV.

 

"So, what are you plans now?"

 

"Find a job here in Seoul. I might go back to that grocery store. I just hope they have vacancy. Yesterday, I went to the theater. They said they already have someone filled in for the job I left. Too bad. I got free popcorn there every night."

 

"And Paris?" Bom knew how important that place is to Dara. That's the root of everything.

 

Dara grew quiet, finishing a bottle. "I will go there, Bom. My baker dream in Paris is still on." She reached for another bottle of beer in the plastic. "This time, I'll do this right. One thing I also learned is that you can't hurry for things to happen. The more you push it, the more it strays away from your grasp." She smiled to herself.

 

"Are we having a Bible sharing now? I'm not ready." Bom joked, which the two laughed loudly. "Well, you can save. Opening a bank  account is already a step."

 

"Yeah. I've thought about that."

 

"You can deposit the money you earned in Jeju. Tomorrow, I can-"

 

"It's all gone."

 

"What?!" 

 

"I sent my whole month salary to Thunder before that gym fiasco. He had bills to pay. Plus, he needed decent clothes when applying for a job." She thinly smiled. "Then, there's the plane ticket from Jeju to Seoul. Everything was rush. I only got thirteen dollars left in my piggy bank." Dara looked amused while drinking her beer.

 

"You're broke." Bom shook her head. "Geez. You're even broker than before."

 

"Is broker a word?"

 

"I don't know. The sound fits you." The two laughed, watching the Black Widow being a badass on screen. "But why did you have to leave immediately?" Bom looked at her again. "You could've at least saved enough money. You said, Lee Donghae didn't fire you or whatsoever. I bet he knew about you longer than you think, and he just let you do your stuff. You're already baking there and living a bit of your dream, stupid."

 

Dara thought about that too. "After what happened? Do you want him to add the word, shame, to the things I lack?" She chuckled half-heartedly. "Maybe it's the conscience that finally kicked in."

 

The two were quiet.

 

 "What about Lee Seunggi?  Does he know about your failed mission?"

 

Dara stretched her arms. "Nah." She yawned. "I'll go to the Lee Corporation tomorrow."

 

Bom nodded, now ogling at Captain America. "Gosh. He's the hottest in all the Marvel series." She said that like she was a princess in some Disney movie.

 

"No way. It's Thor." Dara quickly disagreed.

 

"Thor is an obese."

 

"So?" Dara glared at her. "He'll be fit and muscular again in the next Thor movie.”

 

"Yeah. Thor: The Wrath of Cheetos Jalapeño."

 

"Whatever." Dara rolled her eyes. She missed Minzy. They didn't argue with who's the hotter Avenger. She only cared for Wanda.

 

"Yah." Bom hugged a pillow. "Tell me. What does Lee Donghae look like? You never mentioned it."

 

"What do you mean?" She finished her 3rd beer.

 

"What kind of a gay is he? I remember you told me he was quite manly from what you expected." She said. "Is he cute? Well-built? Boy-next-door? A hunk? Malnourished?"

 

Dara stared at her. She pursed her lips, remembering the face of the owner of Sapphire Ocean Beach Resort. Well, she's not his employee anymore. He won't know anyway. "Ugly."

 

"Solma?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Please calm down, sir." Leeteuk handed him a cold glass of water.

 

"No!" Mino shouted out of frustration. "How can I calm down?" He looked at them. He was one poke away from crying. "Irene is so upset. She wouldn't stop crying since last night. She gave up a lot for this wedding. It has been canceled twice. Now, you're telling me to postpone it again for the third time!"

 

"Uh." Heec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter