The Wedding

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vacation in my masteral! I figured out I’d used it in writing an update before I started reading a new book I bought. Hello to my new subbies of this story! 😊

 

I was inspired with the song and the scene of Adam Sandler singing That’s All in the Wedding Singer. Best scene for me! You can check it out on Youtube after this! Keke

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~ I can only give you love that lasts forever ~~

 

The soft music from the piano began to play, along with the sound of waves from that one special afternoon in the beach.

 

~~ And a promise to be near each time you call ~~

 

People were hushed, watching little girls in light pink dresses lightly giggled and tossed petals of red roses as they walked.

 

~~ And the only heart I own ~~

 

There were dashing men in tux and shining jewels of ladies who walked that aisle, but Dara’s eyes were captured by one man. If there’s one man who could steal the attention from the bride, it was him. Dara quietly gasped for air, as she brought the tray to her chest, hugging it even more.

 

~~ For you

 

And you alone ~~

 

Donghae walked the aisle with a soft smile on his lips, his right hand on the side and his left arm offered to a lady named Joy who couldn’t stopped blushing at the gorgeous man walking beside her. Dara felt a bit of jealousy for she never experienced being a bride’s maid nor a flower girl.

 

~~ That’s all ~~

 

She convinced that to herself, as Donghae ushered the lady to her place, and bowed his head at her. She kept on watching him silently to her place afar, wondering if he’s real or a dream. Donghae chuckled to something the man beside him said, revealing his pearly white teeth and his eyes twinkled even more.

 

~~ That’s all ~~

 

“The owner of the resort is very handsome.” The assistant photographer commented beside her.

 

She looked at him, then looked back at Donghae who was now turned to the bride, entering. “He’s more than handsome.” Dara whispered to the butterflies in her stomach, and smiled too.

 

 

 

 

 

~~ If you’re wondering what I’m asking in return, dear ~~

 

Donghae watched Irene silenced everyone with her ethereal beauty, wearing that wedding dress, embedded with crystals and diamonds. She was shedding tears of joy, and Donghae couldn’t help but looked at Mino.

 

The next thing he knew, it wasn’t Mino that he was looking at anymore.

 

~~ You’ll be glad to know that my demands are small ~~

 

We’ll get married one day, Hae. To hell with everyone’s got to say. Those were Eunhyuk’s words he remembered so well.

 

~~ Say it’s me that you’ll adore ~~

 

Of course. He remembered answering him back with a genuine smile.

 

~~ For now and evermore ~~

 

Donghae smiled as Irene wiped the tears on Mino’s cheeks, and Mino planted a soft kiss on her hand and smiled.

 

Will nothing change us? His thoughts drifted farther. Will it be okay if I wanted to stay here?

 

~~ That’s all ~~

 

Will it be okay to ask you to stay here with me? With a heavy heart, Donghae tried to smile as he looked at the altar.

 

~~ That’s all ~~

 

 

 

 

“Beautiful! Beautiful wedding!”

 

“Oh, thank you. Thank you.” Mrs. Song exchanged warm smiles with the politician’s wives who kept on complimenting the food, venue, Mino, Irene, Mrs. Song, everything. She could listen to all the praises till the morning. “Enjoy yourselves.” She waved here and there, as the newlywed kept on dancing with their friends in the center, sharing their joy and laughter. “Governor! Hi!”

 

Heechul grimaced, behind the small fountain in the pavilion, near the wedding cake. “Look at her.”

 

Dara smiled and bowed at the guest couple who praised her cake, and told her how they wanted for her to bake for their wedding too. They loved her creation.

 

“Of course. Everything is perfect in this wedding.” Heechul commented again. “Except for those ghastly flowers on her hair. Is she walking a vase or something?” Mrs. Song had two big yellow flowers in her head, which she kept on changing every hour with the help of her stylist. Heechul shook his head, and grimaced even more, looking like he’s near being sick.

 

Dara turned to the chef, and creased her brows. “Chef. Are you okay?”

 

“Get me some bees.” Heechul told her flatly. “Fast.”

 

“What?” She was dumbfounded.

 

“Bees.” He gritted his teeth. “I said get me some bees.” He pushed Dara to the side, making her stumbled a bit and was pushed towards the chest of a man who caught her swiftly in his broad arms.

 

“Hey. You guys okay?”

 

Dara bit her lower lip, shushing the butterflies in her as she looked up slowly, recognizing that voice too well. “Boss.” God. He smelled so good.

 

Donghae smiled at her, as Dara straightened herself up and stepped back, almost stepping on Heechul’s foot, which the chef pushed her slightly away from him again. “Are you guys okay?” Donghae repeated.

 

“Y-yes boss.”

 

“Can I leave already?” Heechul asked him.

 

“Hyung.” Donghae knew that look of the chef. It’s either something tastes so bad or someone is making his nerves popped.

 

“I have my staff here. They know what to do.” He tried to reason out.

 

“I need you here.” Donghae told him.

 

“But-”

 

“You have to be here.” Donghae said with that commanding tone. “Chef.”

 

Heechul squinted his eyes. “You didn’t have to be that bossy, you know.” He left the two and sashayed his way out.

 

“I-Is he mad?” Dara asked.

 

“Nah.” Donghae chuckled and took two glasses of champagne from the waiter who passed by. “I’m sure he’s just getting a popsicle in the kitchen.”

 

“Popsicle?” Dara turned to Donghae and saw him offering a glass to her.

 

“Here.” He smiled at her. “Do you drink?”

 

Dara bowed and smiled, accepting the glass of white wine and drank a bit. They stood quietly beside each other, watching people laughed and danced as the band sang the reggae song entitled Baby, I Love Your Way in the wedding. Dara kept stealing glances at him, as white and blue lights touched his fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter