His Past Love (1)

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To dokiiedokiie, thank you for upvoting! I love your avatar. Tabisan. Kyaaaaa!

 

 

Killlllliiiiggggg! We all know Dara eonni is really close to Tabi's sister and nephew. If TOP and Dara really end up together . . .

 

 

Charot lang, fishy. Puahahahahaha!

 

If you have read my previous stories here, you know that I like to put random pictures, especially in Fishy and Santokki's Love Story. All pictures are taken from Google.

 

 

 

 

 

 

* F L A S H B A C K *

 

 

 

“Isn’t she pretty?” Sungmin, his basketball teammate, grinned playfully at him.

 

Donghae looked at the girl his friend was talking about. She was wearing a cheerleader’s uniform in the court and was currently practicing their dance routine. She observed how the girl kept on throwing him not-so-discreet glances. “Yeah.” He replied casually and resumed in shooting the ball. He was wearing a simple blue Nike shirt and gray shorts matched with his white Nike rubber shoes.

 

They were in their freshman year in college in SM University. In just three months, Donghae quickly became the best player in the team. His teammates expected this as he was a known MVP during his middle school. He took International Business, while his buddy named Sungmin was in Nursing. His brother, Lee Seunggi just graduated and is now a part of the Lee Corporation. It burdened him whenever he thinks that his whole life has been programmed to follow the footsteps of his father and his older brother. Even so, he exceled in both academics and sports, not wanting to disappoint his parents.

 

“She’s Jung Yein.” Sungmin took a ball and made a shot. In! “She’s the cheer captain of Tiger Lovelyz.” He turned to him again, while standing near the ring. “I heard that girl has a huge crush on you.”

 

Donghae just smiled and shook his head. He took a step back behind the three-pointer line and shot. In!

 

“What are you gonna do?” Sungmin asked.

 

“Nothing.” He took the ball that bounced to him and made another 3-point shot. In!

 

“Nothing?”

 

“Nothing, Min.” Donghae passed the ball to his other teammate who was waiting far across him. They were waiting for the coach to return. It was just their breaktime that afternoon.

 

“Wae?”

 

“Getting into a serious relationship in my first year is not really in my plan right now.”

 

Sungmin frowned at that. “Who told you to take it seriously? Just have some fun and date and flirt around. That’s all.”

 

He took another ball. “No thank you.” In!

 

“Is this about your ex-girlfriend?” He pointed at him. “What was her name again?”

 

Donghae made a chuckle as he ran to the center, while dribbling a ball. “Tiffany.” He abruptly stopped and jumped to shoot. In! “It’s not about her.” It had been six months since they broke up. It was a mutual agreement. Something just felt lacking between them. “Why are you so . . . pushy?”

 

“Pushy?” Sungmin laughed at the word.

 

“Yeah.” Donghae laughed at his lack of better vocabulary too. “You’ve been pushing me to the cheer captain since last week. Why?”

 

Sungmin scratched the back of his head, feeling caught already. “Well . . .”

 

Donghae stopped dribbling a ball and waited for him.

 

“Yein actually asked me to set you up on a date with her.” He finally admitted.

 

Donghae shook his head again with a smile. He shot another ball. “No.” In!

 

“Donghae. Come on.” Sungmin took a rebound. “Just one date.”

 

“I told you already, Min.”

 

“But I really like to date Kei, Donghae.” He said in a whiny tone.

 

“Then, date her. Why are you using that tone on me?” Donghae found it bizarre. Kei was also a cheerleader in their school.

 

Sungmin made a sigh. “Kei said that she’d only date me if I manage to get you to date Yein.”

 

“Ahhhhh.” He took another ball and ran to the ring and made a lay up. Sungmin tried to block him but he still managed to make a score.

 

“So?”

 

“No.” Donghae told him flatly with a smile.

 

“Aish!” Sungmin messed his hair in frustration. “You are such a er!”

 

“Mwo?” Donghae laughed at that. “Me?” He pointed to himself innocently.

 

“Donghae. Sungmin.”

 

The two turned to their back and saw their basketball coach approaching.

 

“Everyone.” He said. Donghae and Sungmin walked near the center. Donghae noticed a young man in sleek white long sleeves rolled to his elbows, light blue jeans and white sneakers. He guessed they have the same height, although Donghae has a more muscular built. “This is Lee Hyukjae.” The coach pointed to the man beside him. “But he likes to be addressed as Eunhyuk, right?” The guy nodded. “Starting today, he’ll be the newest member of the team.” The new guy was wearing a round-framed eyeglasses that adds more to his stern expression without even mustering a smile to the people he just met. The guy was just looking at the court’s floor.

 

“New member?” Kim Jong-in or Kai as he liked to be called spoke beside Donghae, he held the ball on his front. He’s the best defense player, given his intimidating height. “I didn’t know we had try-outs. Coach, I thought we no longer accept players.” He felt pissed that his friend, Chanyeol, was turned down when this guy just appeared from nowhere.

 

“Eunhyuk can be a very good asset for the team.” The coach said. “He plays really well.”

 

Kai gave him a look from head to toe, then snorted. “Really?” The other guys beside him chuckled behind.

 

Donghae and Sungmin were just quiet. Suddenly, the new guy walked slowly to Kai without even raising his head. He took the ball from Kai’s hands. They were standing at the very center of the court. In a swift movement, he raised his right arm while holding the ball and harshly threw the ball to the ring. The moment that Eunhyuk looked at Kai, the ball slammed to the ring and wiggled as it passed the net.

 

In.

 

Kai and the other players were stunned to their feet as they looked back at the ball that was bouncing up and down alone. Even the cheerleaders on the other side of the court remained frozen and stared at what happened. The coach gave a satisfied nod, considering how far they were from the ring, and him, making that shot despite the position. Sungmin made a slow clap in awe.

 

A defined smirk escaped from Eunhyuk’s lips, directed to Kai. He turned to walk away there, still wearing that smirk, but it gradually fell as his eyes landed to the guy beside the one that taunted him a while ago.

 

For a few seconds, Donghae and Eunhyuk stared at each other in a slow manner. Donghae felt something with that stare. He didn’t dare say it out loud, but it was captivating. Lee Hyukjae just felt so mysterious and familiar at the same time.

 

Eunhyuk quietly went out of the gymnasium, ignoring the girls on the bleachers who are giggling to each other. The basketball team finally recovered as they watched him disappeared. Donghae blinked his eyes, dismissing a very weird feeling he just had. He turned to Kai and grinned playfully. “Nice shot.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The library was full of students studying for the exam week. Donghae had yet to finish his paper in this finance subject. He was sitting in a small table, fitted for two, in the corner near the second floor’s glass walls. He turned another page on the book he just borrowed and began typing.

 

“May I share a table?”

 

Donghae paused to look up. He saw Hyukjae with three books on his hands.

 

“I hope you don’t mind.”

 

Donghae smiled in return. “Sure.” He knew the tables today were really full. He took his bag off the chair, so Hyukjae could sit.

 

“Thanks.” He smiled back.

 

For the past two weeks of practicing and playing basketball together, Donghae still didn’t know a thing about the new member. Although when they play, the two seemed really close. They made point after point, shooting and dunking a ball here and there. It was like their minds were in complete sync inside the court, knowing where to go and when to pass. Together, they were unbeatable.

 

“Hae!”

 

Eunhyuk would shout for his name amidst the scream of the crowd.

 

“Hyuk!”

 

Donghae would call for him like they were the only ones in the court.

 

But after the game, they would walk in opposite direction, leaving each other a simple fist bump and timid smiles. Other people wondered, thinking that they had been the best of friends for so long.

 

Donghae stopped typing again and glanced at the guy in front of him. His eyes fell on the book he was holding. “Architecture?” He found himself asking.

 

This made Eunhyuk looked at him. He looked at his book again and then to Donghae. He nodded. “Yes. First year.” His eyes went to Donghae’s book on his right hand. “Business course, right?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“That book you’re holding.” He pointed a pen.

 

“Ahh. Yeah. I’m taking International Business. First year.”

 

Eunhyuk nodded. They resumed doing their own stuff. Suddenly, they turned their heads to the girls in the tables near them. A total of five tables with female students stopped their academics just to fangirl. They were giggling and pointing their cellphones at the two famous freshmen basketball players together. Their minds and hearts were going crazy at the sight.

 

Oh my gosh! It’s my first time seeing those two outside the court. Freaking handsome!

 

Donghae is just too damn gorgeous.

 

Eunhyuk is really hotter in person.

 

Ottoke! I can’t concentrate on my studies. I just want to stare at those two.

 

Both of them bowed at the same time to let out a chuckle after hearing those loud murmurs. Donghae scratched the back of his head, while Eunhyuk just shook his head. “I think it’s a bad idea that we’re sitting together.” Donghae said in amusement.

 

Eunhyuk glanced at the girls, who in return, looked like were about to die in happiness on their chairs when he did so. “Yeah. We might get kicked out here. We are the sole reason of their noise.”

 

Donghae laughed a bit.

 

“You want me to leave?” He asked. “So, you can concentrate better.”

 

“No. No.” Donghae waved a hand and smiled. “It’s okay.”

 

Eunhyuk smiled too. “Okay.”

 

 

They turned to their papers again. From time to time, Donghae would stop typing and give a glance at the guy across him. Those specs suit him well. He thought.

 

On the other hand, Eunhyuk would halt his reading and found himself simply observing his teammate.

 

Lee Donghae doesn’t look real. He is too handsome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter