The Rebel: Dead

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Flustered by the sudden proposal by Sakura, Chaewon asked some time to consider moving to Wiz Empire as it means that she’ll be separated from seeing Minjoo. However, her heart is set to be a better version of herself so that she can protect what is dear to her. Unfortunately…

***

Pieces of fragmented views greeted her sense when the girl regained her consciousness. Her hand feels numb as she tries moving them to rub her eyes. Clanking of chains restraints her movement as Chaewon finds herself being tied to a wall inside a poorly lit room. Her nose twitched as she could smell some foul, putrid scent all over this room which was made from moldy grey brick as well as high bars which trapped her inside just like an animal.

“This place…”

“Already awake, you useless kid?”

Of course, she can never forget that voice as she winced upon being poked by a sharp metal bar, grazing her skin which oozes fresh blood, dripping from her cheek. Chaewon’s furrowed her eyebrows as she recollected her memories from the moment before she lose her consciousness again. That man, the one that cause her misery in her short life. The man whose greed is already occupied his mind and heart. The one who disregard anything to achieve his dream. The one that pushed Chaewon to do her best in order to survive. The very one that becomes Chaewon’s worst nightmare entire of her life. A man that supposed protecting Chaewon but fails miserably to do so.

“Baron Kim…”

“Oh, come on now. How come you are so cold, calling your dad like that?”

She loathes it. Those mocking snickers just enrage the seven years old even more as her jade green eyes glow in the dark, signaling that she is more than ready to pounce that man to the ground if only she isn’t being chained at this moment.

“Don’t look at me with those monstrous eyes of yours!”

The little girl can feel her head turned sideways when she is struck with a metal bar. She spit her blood out as she refused to give in to the Baron’s words. She isn’t their toy. Not anymore. She now had a clear purpose of her life which is to protect Minjoo with her own ability.

“I got no time to play with you, Baron Kim.”

“Oh, you do learn to speak back now? Is the slum being that nice to you?”

A shrapnel suddenly pointed at Chaewon as Baron Kim used that piece of polished rock to lift her chin and look at the nasty Baron. Oh, how Chaewon wished she had something to use and smash that smug look on Baron Kim’s face. She did have a few spells but it needed her hand to wave some signal before being able to use it.

“What do you want with me? As far as I know, we have no connection or whatsoever anymore.”

Baron Kim looked surprised as he turned his mockery gaze into menacing one upon facing Chaewon. He didn’t expect that this obedient kid would ever find the courage to oppose him. When Chaewon leaves the household, Baron Kim uses all of his connections to stage a fake death to cover Chaewon’s disappearance. Plus, he never sees the girl as an asset even though Chaewon possessed platinum mint hair. Not when he finally got proper heir with platinum blonde hair a few years ago.

He would have ignored Chaewon’s existence completely if only one of his henchmen didn’t report about Chaewon being the sole reason for thwarting his plan into shambles. This little piece of useless bum dares to oppose him, Baron Kim! Of course he can’t just let it go. He had spent a hefty amount of money to ensure that the crown would be empty before pushing his own heir by erasing Crown Princess Minjoo's existence but Chaewon just had to interfere and save that timid princess.

“Feeling a little bit arrogant just because you’re scouted by that Miyawaki brat, aren’t you?”

Blood is rushing out from Chaewon’s body as she hears Baron Kim’s words. There’s no way for this man to know about that matter. Not when Chaewon just received that offer just now. Suddenly, something crossed her mind as she gritted her teeth while viciously glaring at Baron Kim.

“You put a detection spell on me, right?”

An evil laugh echoes throughout the room as Baron Kim pressed his stomach while gripping the metal bar of Chaewon’s detainment room. His twisted face reveals his hideous nature, the one that Chaewon detest the most.

“You stupid runt, of course I’ll do that! How much platinum coin do you think I spent for you entire of your life just to let you go like that?!”

Spits and saliva escapes the Baron’s filthy mouth as he screams at Chaewon who wears her poker face while facing that vile man. She can feel her hands and body turns colder as time passes by within this room, making Chaewon shiver while trying her best to regulate her temperature from falling even further. Even her lips already chapped as she can taste her blood from her cracked mouth.

“Don’t you worry. I won’t kill you. Yet!”

“, just end my life you old !”

Chaewon can feel something hard struck her head, causing a big gash judging from profuse blood covering her face. However, she refused to give in to this Baron. She won’t let herself be used ever again. Not when she finally realized her worth. She knows that it’s a waste of time to talk things through with this Baron as he has never been the type that listens to others. Chaewon somehow feels a bit regretful of her younger self who yearn to be loved by this bastard and his rotten family.

“Just you wait, I’ll make sure to use you properly. Then maybe you can be disposed of for good!”

The girl can barely hear any of the nonsense that Baron Kim spouted as her breath is getting shallow. She tried her best to chant something which can be of help for her in escaping this living hell but to no avail.

“No… I can’t die here. Not like this…”

As her eyes were about to shut close, she heard some small, faint footsteps coming from the back of the stairs where Baron Kim just disappeared into. Chaewon cursed a little as she had not regained her strength and her mind wasn't in the best state either. She will pass out for sure if Baron Kim ever hit her even once.

“Sis..?”

Opposite from her assumption, a small, innocent shaking voice greeted her which made Chaewon to hold her head up in surprise. She can barely see the small figure but judging from the lustrous shine of platinum blonde hair, Chaewon is certain of the identity of this kid.

“Is that you, Chaeun?”

“You remember me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter