The Rebel & The Princess: Meet Again

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously….

Unaware that Minjoo is being kidnapped, Chaewon indirectly foils Baron Kim's plan while searching for her food. Meeting a pair of peculiar masked figures who saved her life, Chaewon offered them her help…

***

"I'm sorry! Have mercy!"

The girl begged as she curled into a ball, trying her best to endure the impact of those leather whip from hitting her body. It's such an arduous task to hold herself from crying as it will amplify the amount of hits she received if she ever protests or cries.

"Why are you so stupid? It's because of you our house is in ruins!"

A ferocious, unemphatic voice screams at the wailing girls while continuing slashing the girl with the special made whip which has been used to train bears and tigers. The ruthless man yanked the girl by her hair and pressed her head towards the table, forcing the girl to hold onto the quill and answer the question again.

"Do it right this time or there'll be no food for you today too!"

Overwhelmed by fear and starvation, the girl's trembling hand picked up the quill and tried her best answering the same question that incites anger from the violent man. She just couldn't understand. Before, she is treated nicely with utmost care as that man praises her about bringing back the honor of their family. However, things aren't as they used to be like before.

She is quite a bright child compared to her peers which made her parents doting on her. They provide almost everything to the girl without paying much attention to their needs. Knowing that, the girl multiplied her effort through studying to make them happier. The only thing is, they didn't.

Things have been hectic since a month ago when she joined the crown princess debut party. Usually, nobles will introduce their heir when they are five years old but for the royals, it seems like they can't wait that long to show off their brighter than the sun princess.

"Baron Kim! It's nice to see you. So this is your prodigy heir, huh?"

The emperor granted an audience with Baron Kim who becomes a hot topic among nobles thanks to his child who is exceptional in terms of studying and etiquette. He is eager to see what kind of bright child comes from the almost broken constitution family.

"I bid my greetings to the sun of the Estelle Empire, may eternal blessings keep on shining upon this land under Your Majesty's guidance."

The emperor is pleasantly surprised seeing the polite, bright girl calmly greet him, the emperor without any hitch. Her mannerism is perfect, paired with her poised expression, making the emperor have a great impression over the girl. He called upon his precious princess to be introduced to this certain prodigal child.

"Greetings to future sun of Estelle Kingdom, may your brilliant light shine this country into eternal prosperity."

It is as if the girl is an automatic golem which is set to greet anyone with perfect manners as she is quick to recognize the princess' face as soon as the younger girl approaches them. The emperor thought that this girl might be a good friend to his heir and thus, he ordered the princess to introduce herself formally.

"Introduce yourself to Baron Kim's heir."

"Thank you for joining my debut party. My name is Kim Minjoo."

At that instance, the young prodigy is in awe as she lifts her head to see the princess. She never saw such a perfect human exist before. The princess is like a porcelain doll with her perfect platinum blonde hair paired up with the snow white dress. Her heart is skipping a few already as the princess is directly staring into her eyes.

She never sees such perfect eyes that might fit the whole universe in those bright eyes. No wonder the princess is a future sun, she deserves to be even brighter than the sun. Although the princess is offering an awkward smile, she finds that those dimples on the princess' cheek is attractive, making her want to pinch that adorable cheek.

"I am who they called Kim Chae-"

"My dear, it's time for the princess to go on her next schedule."

She misses the chance to introduce herself as the empress suddenly appeared, reminding the emperor about the princess' tight schedule. She wasn't sure how things proceeded from the point Princess Minjoo turned away without seeing her even once. The princess seems preoccupied with something as the girl can see the princess is brooding about something. There’s not even an ounce of interest when the princess introduced herself just now, as if that’s only her obligation to obey His Majesty’s command.

“I expect great things from your heir, Baron Kim.”

With those words, the emperor turned his back and escorted his princess, leaving behind speechless Baron Kim together with his heir who is totally smitten over Princess Minjoo ethereal cuteness. She promised herself that she will do her best so that she will have another chance to introduce herself with pride towards the princess. The only thing is, she never had those chances after that day.

***

The girl didn’t know why she would reminisce of that dear moment when she got to see a dazzling sun shining in front of her. She couldn’t comprehend reasons behind Baron Kim getting angry at her when she did her best in completing her study which even rival a senior year student in Wiz Academy, a famous institute made for the purpose of nurturing young talent in their neighboring country, Wiz Empire.

“The princess is already at the level where she can compete with an intermediate mage and here you are, having trouble in solving a simple question for a beginner mage!”

Baron Kim couldn’t get rid of his obsession to make sure his heir became a perfect tool to rival the princess’ achievement. He is going crazy, trying his best to increase his influence among other nobles so that he can rise higher within the nobility circle. He is an ambitious man, willing to do everything in order to achieve his goal.

“You’re bearing the very same royal blood as the princess! You must do better than her so that you can rise to take over the throne!”

She grimaced as she heard those lines uttered towards her. Never once she blames her family for pushing her to study more as she knows that it can be a good chance for her to apply all of this knowledge to help people within her territory. However, she is slowly doubting herself when her parents didn’t seem to even give a damn to their citizen’s well-being when those people have been so loyal in trusting them and swear loyalty to their family.

“Baron Kim, it’s time for your meeting with His Majesty about the drought in our province.”

“It’s time to meet that thoughtless bastard, huh? He can’t even do a simple thing and yet he is an emperor?

He turned towards the young, shivering child before slapping her for one last time as the girl got the answer wrong again. His heart is burning with hatred towards the man who is called Estelle Kingdom’s emperor. Just because his ancestor was born late, they had been pushed down from the inheritance line while the earlier heir got all the light basking upon them. He won’t stop from exercising any means to snatch that throne away. He had been waiting all his life, living as a mere Baron while he bore the very same royal blood as the Empero

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter