The Rebel & The Princess: Proposal

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Trying her best to not be shaken by her past, Chaewon decides that it's best for her to go and search for food. Meanwhile, Minjoo somehow found out that Sakura meet Chaewon and pushed her cousin to bring her into the town just to be a victim of pickpocket…

***

"Minjoo, are you sure that your pouch is gone?"

 

Chaeyeon helped Minjoo to search around the area for a hint about the younger girl's money whereabouts but she found nothing. At the brink of her tears, Minjoo sniffed as she tried recollecting her memories, finding possibilities of places that she might have dropped her pouch.

 

"Ah, I think you both can stop searching for that pouch already."

 

Hyewon interrupted as she handed a bun for the panicked girls. Chaeyeon frowned as she disagreed with Hyewon over calmness. As she is about to open , another calm voice chimes in.

 

"True. High chance that the kid just now steals her pouch."

 

"You're aware of that kid deed? Why don't you stop her?"

 

An angry voice can be heard in between the girls. Minjoo's mouth turned upside down as she tried her best to not shed a single tear but upon hearing those angry tones coming from Eunbi, she burst into loud wails.

 

"Eunbi makes Minjoo cry."

 

Sakura shook her head as she patted Minjoo's head, who was trembling by her side.

 

"No I don't!"

 

Flushed red, Eunbi is annoyed at Sakura who twisted her good intentions in trying to back up Minjoo.

 

"You do."

 

Sakura stuck her tongue at Eunbi, feeling overjoyed to tease the innocent girl.

 

"I don't!"

 

Eunbi stomped her feet as she was frustrated at Sakura's action.

 

"Stop it, love birds."

 

Hyewon decides to cease their endless bickering as Minjoo is already sobbing at the sidewalk accompanied by Chaeyeon. Looking at the youngest who seems to blame herself for the loss, Sakura and Eunbi postponed their bickering to another time and comforted Minjoo together.

“It’s alright Minjoo, Sakura can buy anything for you.”

“Why must it be me?”

“Because you’re filthy rich, young master.”

“Tck, no need for that. We can just retrieve her money all right.”

Upon hearing Sakura’s words, Minjoo lifted her head and stared hopefully at her reliable cousin who was pouting as Eunbi tried shaving the young heiress pocket money off to compensate Minjoo’s lost pouch. Even though she is a duke daughter, there’s no way she can compete with Minjoo in terms of pocket money as Minjoo is the sole heiress to the crown which means that the girl is richer than Sakura. However, her little thought is disrupted as Minjoo tugged her cloth as the girl pulled Sakura closer.

“Unnie, you sure can track the pickpocket?”

“Leave it to me, Minjoo. I’ll get your money back in a jiffy.”

Of course, the princess didn’t mind at all about her money as she can just ask more from her parents but the only thing that weighs her mind is the owner of this mint scent. It's no doubt that the main culprit for taking away her money is Chaewon.

If it’s Chaewon, then I’ll gladly give all of my money to her.

She tilted her head as Sakura was ruffling her hair as she called over Chaeyeon. Minjoo perked her ears as Sakura talked to Chaeyeon while scratching her neck.

“Chaeyeon, you remember our training to discern different scents, right?”

“Ah, the one that we just been taught? I’m still having difficulty in pulling it off though.”

The princess noticed that a mischievous smirk creeped on her cousin's face as she rubbed her chin.

“Well, there’s no one except me able to pull it off in one try for sure. However, this is a perfect chance to practice, no?”

“What do you mean. Saku-chan?”

“I’m sure that you are able to track the faint scent from the kid that bump onto Minjoo earlier, right?”

Chaeyeon stepped aside for a bit and walked closer towards Minjoo who was surprised to see the older girl sniffing at her hood before nodding while wearing a serious expression. Before she can question further, Sakura calls upon Eunbi and Hyewon who are busy practicing a simple spell a few steps away from them.

“Eun, Kang-chan! It’s time for work!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter