The Rebel: Hide and Seek

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Rescued from Baron Kim’s clenched, Chaewon found her new resolution which is to become stronger and protect every dear person to her from any harm. However, her journey to seek strength didn’t start as smooth as she hoped…

***

“New kid, fetch the water for the young master fast!”

Wiping away her sweats, Chaewon answered the head maid’s order with a firm yes before scurrying away with a big basin in her hand. It’s already been a week since she ended up in this peculiar residence, trying her best to understand their slightly different language while adapting herself to this new environment. Everyone seems to function at such a high pace rate which pushed Chaewon to exert her best ability in catching up with them all. So far, she is doing rather well in helping around the humongous residence.

“Chaewon, it’s not the basin. You just need to bring some tea for the young master.”

A soft voice emerges from her back, inviting a relieved smile on Chaewon’s face. Although she thought that she heard the head maid’s instruction right, she actually just guessed her next action based on several words that she can understand. It is fortunate that Eunbi is there by Chaewon side, patiently talking in Estelle’s Kingdom language while showing the rope in this residence.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I thought the head maid asked me to draw some water for Saku- I mean young master.”

If anything, Chaewon finds it hard to address the mischievous heir with brownish hair with proper honorifics. She even considered jumping out from the moving carriage after reading those words on the stick, feeling betrayed by Sakura’s playful demeanor towards Chaewon’s serious pledge to become stronger. “Just come with me! I swear the maid training isn’t the way you’re thinking at all!”, is what Sakura said in desperation when Chaewon was already stepping on the carriage window. She agreed following Sakura as the heir promised that Chaewon would be able to see a wider world from before.

“Here, Chaewon. Use this trolley and send it to the young master. You know the way to his room already, right?”

Eunbi’s presence is a bliss for Chaewon as she is quite shy with strangers. Not only Eunbi is generous enough in teaching Chaewon, the older girl also offered Chaewon to stay with her instead of the quarters with another maid which of course, the young girl accepted heartily before Sakura opposed that idea. In return, Chaewon got her own private room just beside Eunbi’s room, courtesy by the young master under the pretense that Chaewon is one of Sakura’s valuable assets.

“Young master, it’s time for your tea break.”

Courteously, Chaewon knocked Sakura’s room and waited for a reply before entering with the trolley. Upon seeing the young heir slumping his head on the table with an exhausted look, Chaewon knows that Sakura had it rough albeit being just 12 years old.

“Oh, isn’t it my favorite asset, Chaewon. It’s good to see you after a week. How are you doing?”

Despite the young heir being beaten with fatigue himself, Sakura didn’t forget to ask Chaewon about her life which impressed the little girl so much. Now she knows the reasons behind every employee's loyalty and love towards this dukedom, from the duke, duchess and their heir, everyone is treating the employees with respect and nothing short of that. Unlike Baron Kim’s residence where he sees his employees like a mere weed, in Duke Miyawaki residence, every employee was given a handsome salary, satiable food as well as great accommodation.

“Aside from needing to learn more about the language, my life is better than ever.”

Pouring out a cup of tea for the young master who is having an expectant look in his eyes, Chaewon carefully puts the cup beside Sakura who is already sitting straight on the chair. He took the cup and sipped it slowly, eyes are monitoring Chaewon’s graceful move which makes the younger girl grow anxious when a smirk creeps up on Sakura’s face. Chaewon knows that nothing good will happen once Sakura wears that naughty expression on his face.

“Alright, I think you’re ready to meet the other two precious assets of mine.”

“Your what?”

“Precious asset. Didn’t I tell you about collecting an unpolished gem and polish it in my own way?”

She blinked in confusion at Sakura’s words which is quite difficult to churn but when Chaewon took her time to consider, she finally noticed what the young heir was trying to imply.

“You mean that there’s another two kid receiving the same training as I am?”

“Bingo! Though they aren’t assigned as maid due to their impressive luck while drawing that stick.”

Snorted while trying her best not to curse at Sakura, Chaewon scratches her nose as she awkwardly tries to say something. Noticing that the younger girl is acting a little odd, Sakura stares at Chaewon before breaking into a wide grin.

“You want me to send some letters to Minjoo, right?”

Visible blush burned up on Chaewon’s face when she heard that name being mentioned again. It’s been a total of seven days without Minjoo and more or less, Chaewon knows that she is missing the princess. The thing is, this young girl isn’t sure where to get some supplies to write letters as she still didn’t get her first pay yet. So, she is hesitant in asking Sakura for some help in securing writing tools and maybe a few pieces of paper to be delivered towards Minjoo.

“I thought that you’d never ask. Minjoo’s been pestering me days and nights, y’know?”

“You see the princess?”

Light shines in Chaewon’s eyes when Sakura casually mentions Minjoo. She clenched her uniform when Sakura chuckled and nodded while wearing that infamous smirk. Before Chaewon could ask, Sakura snapped his fingers and a mighty crown eagle suddenly appeared on his back, looking all dandy and prideful. Astonishment washed up on Chaewon’s face as she was surprised to see such a fine spirit animal counterpart staying by Sakura’s side.

“Young master, you already mastered magic?”

“Not so but somehow this guy over here decided to bow its head to me.”

“It’s crazily amazing.”

The younger girl eyed the spirit animal beside Sakura in awe. Animal spirit is a manifestation of one’s prowess in magical capabilities which the form often takes after an animal which suits the caster’s ability. Take Sakura for example, his crown eagle is deemed to be highly respected as it is the symbol of Wiz Empire. Able to summon a crown eagle at such a young age proves that Sakura is more than ready to inherit the throne of the Wiz Empire and no one can oppose this. Chaewon knows all of this through her vast reading regarding countries surrounding Estelle Kingdom.

“You want to write to Minjoo, right? This fella over here will do the job, just give me the letter and it’ll arrive in Minjoo in a jiffy.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter