The Rebel: Decision

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Chaewon is somehow cornered by two sneaky kids which resulted in her meeting Minjoo again. Little did she know, one of the kids offered an unbelievable proposal…

***

”What the heck are you talking about?”

Albeit being smaller than the kid that proposed to her, Chaewon didn’t cower back and instead shot the kid with her infamous glowering eyes.

“I see. You even awakened your eyes, eh? Amazing.”

“Shot.”

Chaewon covered her eyes with the worn-out cap as she let emotion take better control of her. She cursed herself for not being careful enough around these strangers that were somehow aware of her royal blood.

“So, it’s true that Chaewon is also a royal? Same as me?”

As much as she wants to run away from the scene, Chaewon heart is tied to the clueless princess who now had long, wavy brown hair, the same color as the beautiful boy that proposed to Chaewon to join his family. She reluctantly turned her head away from Minjoo, averting the gentle princess gaze from her.

These nasty eyes of mine! She will be afraid if she sees my eyes in this state!

Before Chaewon could run away due to her heart couldn’t stand the thought which Minjoo might throw her dirty glances like other people, she felt a certain firm hand holding hem of Chaewon’s clothes. Soft lavender scent entered her sense of smell, inviting a relaxing feeling inside Chaewon's stiff body. She threw a glance at the girl who is having a matured look in that enchanting pair of eyes are staring directly into Chaewon’s eyes.

“Your eyes are beautiful. Those emerald green eyes really resemble priceless jewels. Reminds me of a serene meadow with soft breeze caressing my cheeks.”

The little girl is fazed by those words. Sudden surge of warmth washed her body as tears welled up by the corner of her dam.

“Creepy…”

“What?”

The girl with raven hair couldn’t properly listen to Chaewon’s words as the girl faintly uttered something while fixing her gaze on the ground.

“Aren’t you feeling creepy? Looking into my eyes?”

“Why would I? Your eyes color is amazing, I wish I had such a beautiful pair of eyes too.”

Those words hit Chaewon deep as this is her first time hearing such kind words. Not even her parents acknowledge Chaewon's eyes. They even isolated her from others, saying things like Chaewon’s eyes are horrifying. Thus, she often let her emotion in check throughout her life while striving to be a perfect heir for her parents, aiming to be loved by them.

When the girl pulled Chaewon into a tight embrace, she couldn’t help but hugged the girl tight. A sense of security enveloped within Chaewon as the girl comforted her, offering nothing but kind and encouraging words for Chaewon.

“I think you already hug her long enough.”

“True, why would you hug her that long?”

Two voices laced with jealousy interrupted Chaewon’s moment as a different pair of hands separated Chaewon from the kind girl. The brown haired young boy whose Chaewon believed named as Sakura is dusting off the kind girl for some reason.

“Hey, why would you look at someone else when I’m already here for you? Am I not enough?”

Confusion ran through Chaewon’s head as she heard mind-boggling words from Minjoo who was sulking for some reasons. The princess pouted while puffing her chubby cheeks, making Chaewon want to squeal hard but decides not to.

“I’m… Sorry?”

The slum dweller feels like driving herself towards the wall as Minjoo’s intense gaze is piercing her skull, as if questioning Chaewon’s tones from earlier.

“Hey, we are drifting off from our main objective here.”

A stern voice reminded the group of children about their purpose meeting with Chaewon. The brown haired kid suddenly looked more dignified as he stepped forward towards Chaewon while kneeling in front of the clueless child, ensuring that their eye level is the same.

“My name is Miyawaki Sakura, Minjoo’s cousin from Wiz Empire. Regarding my proposal from earlier, I wish to recruit you and join my elite force to maintain peace between these two kingdom in the near future.”

Her mind suddenly went buzzing as Chaewon heard every single word carefully. Miyawaki. Of course she knows that renowned name. She often stumbles across that name while studying, reciting every great deed made by the family for generations in helping Wiz Empire to stay untouched by other forces. The Miyawaki dukedom is known for housing most capable people across the land and she heard that their heir also inherits those formidable genetics. Baron Kim often talks about how their family will rise in power, on par with Miyawaki dukedom in the neighboring country if Chaewon is able to handle her power properly.

“Why? Why would you scout me? I’m just a nobody…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter