The Rebel: Assumption

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Spending her time undergoing trial given by One, it took Chaewon a month before going back to Minjoo’s side and finds out that Minjoo has awakened her eyes too, a heterochromia jewel eyes! Problem is, everyone seems to forget about Minjoo existence at all. Bewildered, Chaewon agreed in accompanying Minjoo back to Wiz Empire as the Crown Princess has a business with another Crown Princess…

***

“Careful now, Minjoo. The cliff around here isn’t the friendliest,” Chaewon extends her right hand and pulled the unexpectedly athletic princess and heave her up through the steep cliff. They had to use the roundabout way to enter the Wiz Empire in order to not stir up unnecessary attention towards Minjoo. As the situation is still unclear for Chaewon, she didn’t want to expose Minjoo to danger as anything can happen until she gets to see Sakura again.

The words of her master are etched into her mind, the Miyawaki heiress urges Chaewon to find her if things go south. Considering that there are people that dare to attempt an assignation on Minjoo as well as the need to proceed with the True Blood trial, Chaewon finds that she has nothing to lose to go back to Wiz Empire. The only thing that is bothering her mind is the lax security that surrounds the border. If she is not mistaken, there should be at least a few soldiers guarding this side but so far, she sees no trace of any people at all.

“Are we lucky or this is some prelude to something big that will prevail later?” Chaewon mumbles as she put on a cloak on Minjoo before wrapping her fingers perfectly with the taller girl. For some reason, her heartbeat accelerates as she led Minjoo towards a secret route that Chaewon frequently use while working alongside Nako and Hitomi.

“Took you long enough. My feet almost running away from me, Chaewon-ah.”

A raspy voice sends jolts of surprise into Chaewon bloodstream, making her pulling out a dagger and shoot in the direction of the speaker. “Meanie! Is this what I get after being dispatched by Kkura? Wow, you all really love to play with my fragile heart,” a blonde figure stepped out from the bushes while holding onto the dagger in between her bread-like fingers.

Sense of relief washed inside Chaewon as soon as she sees a familiar face striding towards them. Even so, she didn’t want to just let her guard down and straightaway shooting her question, “What is Yuri fiancée doing out here?”

“W-What fiancée? I told you that we both do not have such a relationship!”

“It’s really you, Yena unnie!”

“Who else would I be, silly?”

Momentarily, Chaewon let go of Minjoo hands and pulled Yena into a tight hug. It feels like forever since she last meets with this supportive and a bit lunatic friend of hers, Choi Yena. They both might not start out as best buddies during their first meeting due to different statuses but that gap soon dissipates as Yena spends more time with her and Sakura together with Hyewon in creating a new game for the heiress company; KB Blooms. Remembering the meaning behind the company name making Chaewon chuckle as Sakura clearly is too drunk with love with the dense maid Chaewon sworn sister.

“Let’s head back to the Miyawaki Residence. I can’t wait to see Eunbi unnie again. She makes quite a ruckus when I decided to go back to the Estelle Kingdom,” turning her head towards Minjoo who look awkward with the presence of Yena, Chaewon gently guided her and introduce them both. She thought that both of them were already acquaintance with each other just like how Minjoo already knows about Chaeyeon and Hyewon but turns out, Yena didn’t get the chance to meet the princess before.

“Uh, about that… I think it is better if I bring you to see Sakura first.”

Sensing that something is wrong with Yena response, Chaewon frowned and questioned, “What? Why? Everything is fine, right? I just leave for about a month. What kind of occasion can take place in that short span of time?”

“It’s complicated, Chaewon-ah. Um, Eunbi is now free to pursue whatever she wants. As far as I know, Eunbi already moves away from Miyawaki Residence.”

“Say what?”

This is certainly big news for Chaewon as Sakura never mention anything about Eunbi quitting her job as the heiress personal maid. Wait, does Eunbi already know about Sakura little secret? What is going on? Didn’t Sakura severely obsess with Eunbi?

Her head feels like spinning over countless questions popping inside her head. Chaewon feels like throwing out as she is overwhelmed with everything; her duty as the True Blood bearer, her wish to protect Minjoo and save her little brother and now, sudden news about Eunbi and Sakura. Albeit knowing that both of the women are already grown-up, Chaewon couldn’t help but worried about them. Unlike her and Minjoo who are showing their affection clearly towards each other, Chaewon doubt that the same thing is happening to those two. Heck, she is willing to bet that there must be piles of misunderstandings accumulated between Sakura and Eunbi.

Combing her hair back using her fingers, she huffed a deep sigh before realizing a soft touch patting her back. A smile and sense of comfort washed inside Chaewon as she turned her head and nodded at the angelic girl, intertwining their fingers again before facing Yena who is making a disgusting face.

“Ew, lovebirds. Get a room, you two! My single heart is bleeding here.”

“Shut up. Both you and Yuri act way more disgusting than this. Anyway, lead me to Eunbi unnie first. Sakura unnie can wait for later.”

Their banter continues along the way and Chaewon noticed that Minjoo is smiling way more compared to when they are in the Estelle Kingdom. Even though she seems to love bickering with Yena and tease the older girl, Chaewon is silently grateful for the fact that Yena is always able to make people feel brighter whenever she is around.

***

Running through the forest and let the wind silently slaps her skin makes Chaewon feels alive. It is weird, she thought. Isn’t the forest should be the same wherever they are? It is consisting of trees and other kinds of greeneries but why is it that she feels like breathing different air in here? Something feels off. The flora in this place seems like screaming despite its serene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter