The Rebel & The Princess: Confess

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Arriving in the Wiz Empire, Chaewon is surprised upon finding out that Eunbi is chased out from Miyawaki Residence. Out of worry, she rushed out to find Eunbi first and it turns out that Wonyoung and Yujin are tailing the said woman. Leaving Minjoo to discuss things with the younger princess, Chaewon stormed into Sakura gaming building and almost being killed due to her rash action. A proposal from Sakura makes her thinking about her next journey…

***

“Sakura, please tell me about the benefit that I will get for agreeing with your proposal first. I don’t mind if I need to even sacrifice my life but I need more than you promise to ensure Minjoo’s safety. You are lousy in keeping promise after all,” Chaewon smirked as she poked the wall of her cheek using her tongue. Yes, she might have no idea what she has to do next but it doesn’t mean that Chaewon has to gamble away her life as well as risking Minjoo to constant danger. She is aware of her worth and thus, is brave to confront Sakura about what is in store for her if she ever agreed with the heiress proposal.

“Aren’t you a sharp one? Well, do you want me to make a Mana Oath?”

Everyone flinched upon listening to Sakura words. Mana Oath is an unbreakable vow that needs to be fulfilled no matter what. Usually, people who make this kind of oath are dealing with serious matters like dealing with an agreement with other lords. This is made to keep everyone in check and so that no one will dare to abuse their authority. No one with their sane mind will ever make an oath that they couldn’t keep. By suggesting this, Sakura showed that she is serious with her promise and that she is desperate enough to want something from Chaewon in return.

For Chaewon, she is really indebted to Sakura but then, entire of her life, she already swears that it is for Minjoo. Thus, she does not mind to wager her own life to make a deal with the Miyawaki heiress. Extending her right arm, Chaewon emanates a soft mint green glow throughout her body, the colour of her mana while Sakura gives off a brilliant pastel pink aura. A weird sensation hugged her body and before long, Chaewon can feel something is pulsating in her heart. She deems that as a stake that will pierce through her beating heart if she ever goes back on her words.

“Now that our deal is settled, shall I indulge you with the proposal?”

“That sounds amazing.”

They both are deep in conversation with Sakura tipping off that Chaewon should head west next for her next trial. The journey to the west will be slow and excruciating as her target is leading a nomadic life. The woman whom Sakura said will have a clue about the True Blood as well as jewel eyes is the person that Chaewon shall find and bring to a vast plain where a battle between two forces will take place. “So, the war couldn’t be stopped, huh? Is this being the only way, Sakura?” she whispered while staring at the scribbled map as well as the formation of troops that will be led by Sakura.

“This fight is long overdue, Chaewon-ah. As long as these Klaun soldiers are craving for Ai clan power and blood, there will be a never-ending fight in the future. I don’t want the next generation to feel immense pressure to bet their life on the battlefield like we have to. It is time for this empire to move forward and become the pinnacle of civilization in this world.” Sakura gives a simple smile as she patted Chaewon shoulder. Upon listening to Chaewon vision, Chaewon closed her eyes and imagine a world where she and Minjoo can live happily, surrounded by their friends. There will be a bunch of their mini version chasing around in a flower field and Chaewon can imagine the ruckus they will make even though all of them are growing old.

“Chaewon? You hear me?”

“Come again?”

Blinking in confusion, Chaewon internally screams at herself for not giving enough attention to Sakura explanation. She is busy thinking about things that are yet to happen, a habit that she needs to discard if she wants to survive longer. Despite her mishap, Sakura didn’t scold her but repeat her words instead, “This woman; Madam Eve, will be hard to track but do your best to find her. She will be a big help for your trial as well as the upcoming battle.”

Nodding her small head at Sakura words makes Chaewon feels determined in clearing the Trial and achieve her freedom. She for sure didn’t want to end up killing her brother, Chaeun nor hurting Minjoo while pursuing her way of obtaining a way to escape from the curse of bearing True Blood. She spends the rest of the evening discussing the upcoming war and swear that she will never speak about the content of this meeting to anyone, even Minjoo.

She didn’t forget to request for both Nako and Hitomi to aid in her next journey as they are both the best in terms of tracking people. Not only that, Chaewon thought that maybe Minjoo will need new friends along their journey as the princess seems happier when she meets Yena, Yujin, Wonyoung, Eunbi and Hyewon earlier. Chaewon imagines that Minjoo will have a good time with Nako and Hitomi as these two girls are amazing companions for her.

The meeting ended after dinner, where they are having fun eating and conversing in the garden while enjoying the soft night breeze. As Yujin excused herself for her sword training, Sakura gestured both Nako and Hitomi inside her private building for further discussion about their next mission, leaving both Chaewon and Minjoo alone in the vast garden. Chaewon just realized that all along, she didn’t have a chance to strike a normal conversation with Minjoo given their dire situation against inevitable incident after incident that keeps on chasing them.

Her eyes trail at the sight of Minjoo that seems to have all of the moonlight basking on the princess. Chaewon noticed a familiar hackmanite bracelet hugging Minjoo wrist and she let out a soft grin, aware that Eunbi already approving this exceptional angel standing in front of her. Gulping hard, Chaewon speaks, “The moon looks beautiful tonight, isn’t it?”

She is sure that the atmosphere is right for her to catch up with Minjoo while conversing about their next step. She wants to tell Minjoo how much she misses the girl, how Minjoo motivates Chaewon to keep up with Sakura Sparta training as well as driving Chaewon to keep on living. She wants to ensure that Minjoo knows that no matter what, she will be by Minjoo side. Entire of her life, she will gladly give it to Minjoo if that means happiness for the girl that she loved.

“Chaewon unnie! Can you come and accompany me for a spar?”

Words are scampering away from Chaewon brain upon hearing Yujin voice coming from the nearby training ground. Chaewon groans as she scratches the back of her head before staring at Minjoo with pleading eyes, earning chuckles from the angelic girl. Minjoo just said, “Go. I will head back to our room first. Have a good time with Yujin, Chaewon.” The figure of Minjoo leaving the garden making Chaewon want to throw a tantrum. She pouted while dragging her legs towards the training ground with a heavy heart.

“Finally! Unnie, let’s spar. I want you to evaluate how much I had grown after you left,” as her eyes meet Yujin pair of enthusiastic gazes, Chaewon told herself that she needs to become mature and put personal things aside. She can talk to Minjoo later and spend some spare time with this girl that she regards as her own sister. Clashing her sword with Yujin reminds Chaewon about her own younger brother, Chaeun. Ever since the last fight with her brother, Chaewon couldn’t shake off the weird feels she had about Chaeun. The boy acts different and seems to struggle while fighting her as if he is unwilling to hurt either Chaewon or Minjoo.

A hard push as well as a loud clang of metal forcefully pulling her back to reality. She feels bad for Yujin as she isn’t fully concentratin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter