The Rebel and The Princess: Almost There (Part 1)

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Revived from the near-death state, Chaewon knew that she just had to settle things once and for all or people around her will be hurt more than she can protect them. However, her plan always deviates somehow. Half of the Dark Magic particles ended up residing Minjoo’s body. Not only that, she also let Chanjoo; the damned mad scientist that hurt Eunbi years ago and now targeting her brother, Chaeun escaped. Not stopping there, the dark particles inside her body rampaging again and…

***

That bastard need to be dead.

A voice echoed within the vast dark emptiness that surrounds her. Chaewon groans as she pushed herself from the damp floor. Wincing her eyes, she tried navigating the place she currently resides, searching for any signs of life, signs of a certain someone.

Turning her head left and right, Chaewon heaved a deep sigh as she barely able to see more than an arm length from her. It’s like her visibility being hindered somehow. Pinching between her eyebrows, she then combed back her black, messy bob cut hair using her fingers as she tried navigating through the darkness.

Each of her steps bear a heavy weight, as if she’s being chained with an enormous boulder. Chaewon grit her teeth as she blindly braves through the eerily silent space of emptiness. Her heart thumping out loud, as if screaming at Chaewon for just walking without clear direction. She might not be the best planner but somehow, her instinct is tugging Chaewon to just move.

Chanjoo took away our happiness. He need to begone.

The very same voice echoed again. Chaewon wince as soon as she heard that voice.  Not because the voice is hoarse or high pitch.

But because it is her own voice.

As absurd as it can be, Chaewon has a hunch that she is currently within her own consciousness. Something must have happened after meeting Chaeun and Chanjoo on the hill that held Chaewon and Minjoo special memories. Her mind has a few pieces of jumbled up scenario as well as intense pain plastered along.

“Oh dang, what happened to Minjoo if I passed out and make it here?” Chaewon balled her fist as she glared through the darkness. She knotted her eyebrows and growled, “Look, I share your sentiment to eliminate that Chanjoo bastard but how the hell will I exact our revenge if I’m stuck in here?”

That is correct. You are quite perceptive. I’m impressed.

Chaewon just have to rolled her eyes upon listening to the reply. Well, she truly isn’t the sharpest knife within the room but hey, her pride takes a small dent from that remark. She then snorted, “Then, release me from here. What’s the point taking me a hostage when our time is running out already?”

It’s because if you’re not here, you’ll be dead already.

“And why would that happen in the first place?” Chaewon tilted her head to the left as she scratched her head.

…you really are not the brightest bulb for sure. Look, after meeting with Chaeun, those magicules inside you is rampaging, they want to come out and devour you just like their kind did with your brother.

The voice paused for a few moments and continued,

And that will be no good if you lose all of those magicules in one go. Think of it like you losing your blood. These dark magicules already been with you since you are but a small lump of meat. It is one with you.

“Well, if it is one with me, why would it want to go out?

Because it can sense a better container, one that can make it moves and rampages freely. A place that will not contain its freedom to devour everything exist in your realm. You see, why would it stay if it has better option? Everything in this world operates like that.

“Wow, what are you, a philosopher?” Chaewon sniggered as she chooses to stand still in the midst of this vast emptiness. She huffed a deep sigh as myriad of thoughts bombarding her mind. While it is true that she might not be the smartest but she’s got a good sense. She knows when to stop or move forward, heck, her gut feelings saved her countless time while she is on mission given by Sakura. However, with things happening more than she can anticipate, Chaewon started to grow uneasy. Her meeting with Minjoo might be brief but the girl saved her from mortal danger more than once.

If they continue to do things recklessly, Minjoo might be in danger. She hates to accept it but Chaewon doubt that she’ll able to protect Minjoo if the peril situation arises again. She collapses twice or more when Minjoo needs her the most. Can she really give a guarantee that she won’t inconvenience Minjoo if these dark particles decided going on strike again?

Getting cold feet already?

“Shut up, I’m trying to think.” Chaewon growled while knitting her eyebrows, exuding austere vibes.

You’re thinking with what? Non-existing brain of yours?

Flaring her nostrils as she bites her lip, Chaewon has a brief thought of smacking this voice that keeps of chatting carelessly with her. Maybe she can ease her ickiness a tiny bit if this voice ever decides to materialize in front of her. But for now, she chooses to silently cursing this voice instead.

No use to ponder upon things too hard. Sometimes the answer lies under your nose in plain sight.

“What are you-” she didn’t get to finish her words as Chaewon can feel something kicking her on the , sending her straight into a jet black whirlpool that suddenly appeared. “You, !” she shouted as immense pressure swallowed her into the center of the whirlpool and distorted her view.

***

“What the heck!” Chaewon cussed as she jolted awake, her butts still sting from being kicked earlier. Putting her right hand on her aching back, Chaewon realized that she is currently residing on a musty bed with tinge of dust scattered around her. She couldn’t see Minjoo anywhere within her vicinity but Chaewon can feel a traces of her mana is rampaging in a space across her room.

She tried pushing herself from the bed and discovered that her clothes are torn apart, revealing bare upper chest of hers. Two shiny rubies embedded side by side just under her collar bone. “Looks like some blood clot,” she muttered before stealing glances around the dilapidated room. She thought for a moment that the shack that she resides when she was at the slum looking better; and cleaner, than here.

A sudden throb kicked in and Chaewon swear that she can hear some pops from behind her neck. She feels like ascending to another realm with the current intensity of pain she experiencing. “Nice, very nice. Just when I thought it is good to be away from that annoying voice, now I have to withstand this.” She muttered under her breath while pulling her bob hair, releasing some gasses resides inside her. Maybe the headache is here because she is stressed or just a sign that Chaewon is currently famish.

“MINJOO, YOU NEED TO FOCUS!”

At the sign of Madam Eve’s voice, Chaewon rushed over towards the room that is opposite from the one she currently resides and pushed the door ajar, revealing the sight of her lovely Minjoo who is sitting in lotus position with eyes tightly closed. Beads of sweats rolling on Minjoo’s face who is currently having a layer of soft gold light enveloping her. Chaewon flicked her sight and monitored Madam Eve who seems to equally in hard time as Minjoo. However, the wise old lady looks like giving instructions and guidance towards Minjoo who is now having bulging veins popped on her long, slender neck as well as on her temple.

“You brat, took you long enough to wake up. Now, help this girl to keep those dark magicules in check or else you can kiss her corpse if you keep dallying!” Madam Eve’s faltering voice makes Chaewon rolled her eyes for a split second but she is quick to summon her own dark magicules and ordered them to extract some more from Minjoo’s body. She knew the pain of having to withstand rampages of this sinister magicules within their body.

Stealing a glance towards Madam Eve who is currently sitting in lotus position too, knee-to-knee with Minjoo makes Chaewon nervous. For a moment, she felt guilty for both Madam Eve and Minjoo. They really deal with everything since the start of the second trial for the bearer of True Blood. Even though Minjoo already assured Chaewon countless times about how the princess loved her no matter what, Chaewon still feel conflicted deep inside.

She hated herself for letting Minjoo go through more pains when the girl already had it enough.

She contemplated whether to just ditch Minjoo in Madam Eve’s hand and rush towards that bastard Chanjoo and deal with everything by herself.

She will definitely kill Chanjoo and save Chaeuen, and after that…

What will she do after that?

Sometimes the answer lies under your nose in plain sight.

Chaewon feels like she had an enlightenment as words from the annoying voice from earlier reverberates inside her mind. She is not alone, Chaewon thought. She has Minjoo by her side. Plus, she can always count of Sakura albeit that tsundere and sly young master might make fun of Chaewon most of the time, buts she knew that the brilliant Miyawaki will has her back. Not only that, Chaewon also had Yujin; her brave young knight, Chaeyeon who can lead every battle towards victory. If she ever is injured, she can always rely on both Yena and Yuri who has exceptional medical knowledge. Wonyoung and Hyewon both are brilliant tactician that always has suprises up in their sleeves. Not to forget Nako and Hitomi that have outstanding intel gathering not to mention about the duo reputation as assassin that has 100% rate of accomplishing their mission. Of course, if anything comes to shove, her Eunbi unnie will come to the rescue with brilliant power.

She is not alone.

She was never alone.

Along the way, she already forged countless connection that will support her no matter what. “I’m such a fool, huh? They are here right in front of me but I still choose to shoulder everything alone? Silly,” Chaewon heaved a deep sigh as she snapped her fingers. Those dark magicules that are rampaging inside Minjoo finally settling down after being beaten to a pulp by her dark magicules. “Is that count as me beating myself as they used to be part of me?” Chaewon pondered as she slumped down onto the ground.

Suddenly, a force tackled her, pushing Chaewon on the ground but instead of feeling annoyed, Chaewon giggled as she wrapped her arms around the source of the force. She whispered, “I missed you, Minjoo.”

“Chaewon! I thought I’d lose you,” Minjoo sobbed as the girl rest her head onto Chaewon’s shoulder. Chaewon gently traces her fingers along Minjoo’s small face, wiping away the girl’s tear before planting a kiss. A beast inside her arises when Minjoo responded and deepened their kiss. Pulling the girl towards her, Chaewon swear that she can listen to Minjoo’s thumping heart that beats louder as they snuggled. Minjoo’s hot breath brushed Chaewon’s skin as they both panting for air with face staring each other. At the sight of Minjoo pair of pools that contains infinite allure, Chaewon feels like she can do everything, fulfill any ridiculous request exist in this world as long as Minjoo is with her.

“Hey, sleepyhead. You sure took your time before coming to me, huh?” Minjoo whispered as the princess peppered Chaewon with kisses. If this is her punishment for fainting and coughing out blood from every inch of her body, Chaewon is willing to do it for eternity.

Or maybe not. She didn’t want Minjoo to have pains from earlier. So, maybe Chaewon will just accept the part they peppered each other with kisses and do something more advance someday in the future.

“How are you?” Chaewon cupped Minjoo’s face and tilt the princess head to the right and left, checking whether any injuries scathed her precious one.

“You silly, it is me who need to ask you. When you coughed up blood and fainted, do you know how worried I am? Gosh, the thought of losing you is enough driving me into madness.” Minjoo rambles as the girl pulled Chaewon into her embrace. They both stayed still, enjoying each other warmth because they know, after this, things will be hectic an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter