Chapter 5: A Pack Sticks Together

Clearing Our Names

"It's too early for this," Jungkook said as he yawned.

It was early in the morning and he along with Jimin, Taehyung, and the guy who led the group that caught the four criminals, Daeho, all stood near the stables as they waited for Eric to show up.

Jimin yawned as he stretched. "Start getting used to early mornings, cause we'll be seeing the morning sky a lot until those fugitives are caught."

The young guard groaned and hoped that they catch them before he becomes a morning person. A few minutes passed by and the four were starting to think Eric might not show up but were proven wrong when they saw their last member show up late.

"Finally, you show up. I was starting to think that we'd be a four-member group instead of five." Taehyung said.

Eric chuckled. "And let you guys have all the glory when they're caught? You wish." The five guards laughed and as they did, Eric noticed Daeho and became worried about Solar's safety as this guy would probably kill her. Her bounty is dead or alive after all and that made that didn't sit well knowing the many potential bounty hunters and mercenaries after them, mostly the most dangerous one known as Dreamcatcher.

"Now that we're all here, let's get to work. Taehyung, Jungkook, and I will check around town to find their whereabouts. While Daeho and Eric go searching around the wall to see if there is any hole they could try to escape from. Surely, by then we'd find them before they can escape."

Eric gulped when he heard was being paired with Daeho.

"C'mon, old man, let's find these bastards and kill them." Daeho got on his horse and Eric was hoping they never find Solar and her new friends.
 



Byul's eyes slowly opened, but she quickly closed them shut when she was hit with a bright light. Once her eyes had adjusted, she looked around the room to see someone on a chair. The person had silver hair and Byulyi assumed it was the woman she stole from a few days ago. The person looked like they were sleeping, so being the devious vampire she is, went to mess with them by dragging her chair across the floor which made a loud screeching sound that startled the silver-haired woman off her chair.

Yoohyeon jumped from her spot to see Byulyi laughing at her. "Do you have a death wish or something!" The wolf walked towards Byul about to punch the vampire when her name was called out.

"Yoohyeon, don't try to beat up our prisoner as soon as she wakes up. I don't want to wait for another hour or so until she wakes up again."

"But she scared me!"

"Maybe if you were keeping an eye on her and not sleeping like you always do, you wouldn't have been scared. Now go sit back down and stay in it this time while I have a little chat with our prisoner."

Yoohyeon's tail dropped as she walked back to her chair. "Not my fault I have to sleep. I'm not dead like you."

"That is true. Want to see if a werewolf can become a vampire?"

Yoohyeon sat down on her chair. "No thanks. I love sleeping."

The red haired figure rolled her eyes then walked up to Byulyi. "I want to start off by saying that that was one hell of a way to wake the wolf up."

Byulyi smirked. "Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm awake."

"Oh, I saw you wake up. After all, I'm a perfectly well-fed vampire." The red-haired woman then pointed at Byulyi's chest. "You, however, don't seem to be by the way your wounds haven't healed on their own, but don't worry we made sure your wounds were taken care of."

"Why?"

"I do need you alive than dead. Anyway, enough about that let us introduce ourselves. I'm Minji and the silver wolf on the chair is Yoohyeon. You might remember her from a few days ago when you stole from her, but that's beside the point. Now that we told you our names, want to tell yours?"

"Umm... " Byulyi wouldn't give them her actual name but didn't know what to tell them instead. She had to think quick and that's when an idea popped up. "My name is Moonbyul." Sure, she still gave them her name, but it's in a different order. Totally an excellent way to hide her identity.

"Hi, Moonbyul. My, that's a cool name you got."

"Thanks, do you want it, cause I can let you borrow it if you don't mind having a ten million bounty."

Minji laughed. "You're a funny one. It's such a shame you have a bounty, or else I would've let you join my little team."

"Sorry, but I got my own little team, so you might as well turn me in."

Minji laughed at the brunette's words. "I'm not going to turn you in. You're a vampire and I would never betray my people unless you try to kill me or my friends, but that can all change if you don't tell me where your little friend is."

Byul's face faltered a bit, but it quickly turned into confidence with a smirk across her face. "I mean I could tell you, except she wouldn't still be at the spot I hid her in before you guys chase after us."

"You are correct, I guess we have to play the waiting game then." Minji walked towards the door." Anyway, I think my customers upstairs have been parched long enough, so I'll leave you to watch on our prisoner while we wait for her team to come to rescue her." The bartender opened the door, but before she left, she said one more thing. "Oh, and Yoohyeon you have permission to do whatever you want with the prisoner as long as you don't kill her. I'll make sure Handong comes down later to clean the bruises you left." And with that, she was gone.

Byulyi, or now known as Moonbyul, gulped when the crack of knuckles could be heard from the silver wolf inside with her.

"This is gonna hurt you more than it's gonna hurt me."

"Sh-shouldn't you and me be switched in that phrase?"

"In most cases yes, but not this one." Yoohyeon then threw a punch in Moonbyul's direction.
 



"Do you think Solar and Byul will be okay?" Wheein asked as she laid down on the bed next to Hyejin.

"Probably not, but maybe this time will be different," Hyejin said.

"What if they don't come back?"

"They will. Now get some rest and they might show up in the morning bickering." Hyejin closed her eyes, but felt the werewolf staring at her, which made her sighed as she pats the girl's head. "but if they don't, we can go searching for them."

Although the werewolf wished they went to look for them right now, she had faith that the vampire and ex guard would come back like Hyejin said, so she closed her eyes.

Hyejin wasn't surprised when she woke up on the wooden floor again, but this time she at least had the blanket. She begrudgingly got up to see the spot her best friend was supposed to occupy empty and got worried. "Wheein?" She called out and was relieved when the wolf shot out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her body.

"I'm here, what is Hyejin?" Wheein said with worry in her voice.

"Nothing, I just wanted to know where you are. I got a little worried." Hyejin eyed her friend up and down, realizing how much her friend had grown. Wheein awkwardly coughed, which caused the witch to blush at being caught, and tried to change the subject. "You rarely wake up so early."

"I was having a hard time sleeping."

"Then why did I still wake up on the floor?"

"Oh, I don't get me wrong, I did sleep for a bit until..." Wheein looked to the side and Hyejin followed to see her friend looking at the empty space that Solar slept in.

"So they didn't show up, huh?" Wheein shook her head. "Then we'll go look for them like I said last night." Wheein eyes lit up and if the girl had a tail, it would wag really fast right about now.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

"We'll go looking for them once you wear actual clothes and not a towel."

Wheein forgot she got out of the shower and sheepishly rubbed her neck as she slowly backed into the bathroom. "Right. I'll go do that right now."
 



"Are you sure they're both here somewhere?" Hyejin said as she followed the werewolf in front of her.

"I sniffed the bed she laid on two nights ago and it's leading me here. Do you doubt my nose?"

"You know I would never doubt that nose. It saved us so many times, but it's just so surreal to think the two would be here. I mean, why did they even come out here?"

"I don't know, but the scent is getting stronger which means, we're getting closer." Wheein transformed into her animal werewolf form.

Hyejin was about to get on until she heard rustling come by and pushed the wolf into a nearby Bush and hid.

Wheein transformed back into her human self. "Why- " Hyejin placed a hand on the wolf's mouth before she could scream about her concerns. The rustling noise seemed to have gotten closer, and she wondered how she hadn't picked up the sound.

"I can't believe we couldn't find a single scent to help us track the second person." A woman with dark brown hair said dejectedly.

Another woman with raven hair sighed. "Minji is gonna give us a lecture."

"You mean she'll give you a lecture, Gahyeon. She'll probably use me and Siyeon as target practice for her magic." The brunette spoke.

"My tail is still recovering from her fire magic." The third woman with blue hair, who Hyejin assumed was Siyeon, said.

"Let's hope it'll be water this time, so I can get cooled down from this heat."

Siyeon chuckled. "Yeah."

The three women walked off and once they were out of range, Hyejin spoke. "We have to find Solar and quick."

Wheein nodded her head and re-transformed to her animal wolf form. Hyejin rode on the wolf's back as she was lead towards the direction the scent was leading her friend.

She gasped in horror and immediately jumped off Wheein when she saw Solar laying next to a tree with severe cuts and bruises. "Solar! Solar, please don't be dead!" The witch looked around and was more worried when she didn't see the vampire. "Wheein check around the place to see if Byulyi is also here. I'll go heal Solar." Wheein did what she was told and went to look around and as she did Hyejin opened her book and flipped the pages until she found the spell she was looking for. She pulled out her wand and pointed it towards Solar.

"Therapévo." Hyejin casted and soon Yongsun was surrounded by a faint yellow glow. Her smaller wounds were healed immediately, but the bigger ones took its time.

After what felt like an eternity, the ex guard's eyes slowly opened up and the faint glow disappeared. "Where am I?"

Hyejin pulled the older girl into an embrace. "Thank god you're okay. I was worried something bad happened to you."

Solar looked around. "Is Byulyi here?"

"What, I thought she was with you?" Wheein came back to them in a frenzy. "Wheein did you find Byul?"

"No, but I may have an idea where she could be."

"Then tell us."

"Well, here's the thing. I found her scent when I was searching for her and found this spot, but it had others and her scent was gone from there. The other scents led back to the town."

Hyejin assumed the group those three were in had taken Byulyi. "Then we can't go back for her," Hyejin said, and that surprised Solar and Wheein.

"What do you mean we can't go back?"

"If she's captured, then they might expect us to save her."

"But we can't leave her there."

"Wheein- "

"No, Hyejin. Us four are a pack now and a pack sticks together, so we're gonna go back there and save our vampire friend, cause I know that she'd do the same for us."

"How do you know? You only knew her for what? Three days and she's a thief who, may I remind you, got us in this situation in the first place."

"She may be a thief," Solar said, causing the two to loom at her. "But she saved my life and I know damn well I would've been the one caught if it were any other thief." She then looked at Wheein with a soft smile. "And it's like you said. She's a part of our team now, so we have to go back for her no matter what."

Hyejin processed the words Wheein and Solar told her and no matter how much she wanted to argue, she knew it was two against one. She couldn't leave either, cause she could never abandon Wheein. There was only one option to take.
The witch sighed in defeat knowing that she had to help them save the vampire and she may not say it out loud, but the vampire can be enjoyable company when she didn't decide to be an . "Fine, I'll go save her."

Wheein jumped up happily when Hyejin agreed but then realized that her friend said. "You mean we right?"

"No, I mean me. Solar's wounds are healing and I need you to protect her."

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine. I have magic on my side and Byul seems like a capable enough vampire to help me out if I need it."

Wheein sighed. "Okay, we'll be right here until you return, so please be careful."

Hyejin pat the wolf's head with a reassuring smile. "You know I always am."

Wheein watched as Hyejin ran off towards the direction of the tavern and once her best friend was gone, she took a seat next to Solar. "Do you think she'll be able to save Byulyi?"

"I believe she will. After all, she has to get back to you." Yongsun said and closed her eyes to rest.

Wheein was glad Solar closed her eyes, casts she was blushing like a tomato at what the older woman just said to her. She knew Hyejin would do anything for her, even move a mountain if she had to, but Solar made it sound like it was romantic. Don't get her wrong, she loves Hyejin with all her heart, was very protective over her friend, and her happiest dreams always had Hyejin in it.... okay, maybe she did love the witch, but she wouldn't say that out loud if it could ruin their long-term friendship, so, for now, she'll keep it to herself.
With Solar asleep, Wheein became sleepy as well, so she took this opportunity to nap and closed her eyes. Hoping the next time she opens her eyes, Hyejin and Byulyi will be there, yelling at her to wake up and run with them.
 



Hyejin ran all the way to the tavern, but instead of going inside, she ran around the building in hopes to find another way in. Which she did when she spotted doors leading to what might be a caller."Bingo."
She looked around and was glad to not find anyone. "Now I need a spell to get in." Hyejin then flipped through the pages of her book, until she found the spell she was looking for and pointed her wand at the doors.

"Ánoixe." The cellar doors flew open, and she entered. "Please be down here Byul."

"How's the food?" Yoohyeon asked as she watched Byulyi eat.

"Grrrt!" Byulyi happily said with full of food. Though they were a mercenary group, they seemed to treat their prisoners well as they treated the vampire's wounds and allowed her to eat with her hands. Sure, she was still treated as one with chains around her wrists, but she wasn't complaining if she got delicious food.

Yoohyeon rolled her eyes when Byul spoke with food in , but let it slide for now. The metal door soon opened and Yoohyeon was surprised since she was only expecting Yubin to return to retrieve the food try. "Yubin?" The silver wolf called out, but there was no response. She tried to call out her friend's name again but out when something punched her square in the face.

"What the hell?!?!" Byulyi yelled as she jumped back by Yoohyeon suddenly falling to the ground unconscious.

"Byul it's me Hyejin, I'm here to get you out."

"Hyejin?" Byul was surprised to hear the witch's voice. "Are you invisible?"

"Yeah." Hyejin searched Yoohyeon for a key to which she did and ran to Byul's side to unlock her chains. "Sorry, it took awhile to get you out."

The vampire rubbed her wrists. "It's fine, I trusted you guys would save me, eventually. Now how are we going to escape?"

Hyejin felt guilty for suggesting to leave Byul behind and wondered how the vampire would feel if they left her behind. She shook those thoughts away since her priority now was to get them out before they're caught. "We'll leave the way I cam in. Now hold still." Hyejin flipped her book until she found the spell and casted it. "Aórato." Byulyi soon became invisible and Hyejin held her hand as they ran out.

Once they exited out the cellar doors, Hyejin closed it. "Do you think we have enough time to get our things?"

"Maybe, but we can only go for one trip, so grab the important stuff and let's go."
 



Yubin walked down the stairs to grab the prisoner's food tray but was confused as to why the cell door was opened, so she carefully walked inside. "Yoohyeon, why is the do- YOOHYEON?!?" Yubin yelled as she rushed to Yoohyeon's side and checked her pulse which seemed fine. She sighed in relief and looked round to find no one else, which meant the prisoner's friends came for and somehow knocked Yoohyeon out.
It confused Yubin since she knew her friend would never let her guard down and would fight anyone that came at her. Those thoughts had to be pushed aside. Right now she needed to get Yoohyeon to Handong, so she picked up her friend and ran up the stairs.
 



Wheein heard footsteps coming towards them and smelled the air. The scents were very familiar, so she jumped up from where she laid and turned her head towards the direction of the smell to see her favorite person in the world and Byulyi riding on a horse. "You guys are okay! And you guys got a horse?"

"We sure are. Thanks to this horse and powerful witch here." Byulyi said with a grin as she pulled Hyejin into a side hug.

Hyejin blushed at the sudden contact. "We stole the gray horse." She then pulled herself away from Byulyi's grasp. "And I only saved you cause Wheein and Solar wanted to save you."

"And you did it without coming back and telling them I died."

Hyejin rolled her eyes playfully. "I wished I did that instead." The three laughed at that.

Yongsun woke up by the sound of laughter and looked around to see Hyejin, Wheein, and Byulyi. Yongsun smiled fondly when she saw Byul. "You're safe." She said it so low that she didn't expect the vampire to hear, but she forgot vampires had good hearing, so she saw brown orbs stare at her.

"Seems like you are too. How's your ankle?"

"Good."

"Wait, your ankle was broken too?!?" Wheein said with worry.

Solar chuckled. "Don't worry, it's feeling better now. Oh, and Byul I wasn't able to say this to you before, but thank you for saving me that is."

Byulyi smiled. "Ah, it's no biggie. You would have done the same if I broke my ankle."

"I guess you're right and I'm sorry for getting angry at you before."

"You don't have to apologize. I did screw everything up for you."

Solar shook her head. "You didn't do it on purpose, you just acted on your nature. That doesn't excuse my actions for assuming the worst in you, thief or not. You have a kind heart, Byulyi. Much kinder than most of the guards I met at the kingdom."

Byul blushed a little by those words. "I... "

Wheein and Hyejin looked at each other, confused at this strange interaction between the two. They were expecting the two to bicker but were surprised to see this nice interaction. However, they had to remember that they're about to be chased by dangerous merchandise. "Look, guys, I'm happy that you are getting along now, but we got to go before they come after us."

"I agree. Hyejin you ride Wheein. Me and Solar will ride the horse." Byulyi extended her hand for the ex guard to take, which she gladly did.

Byul helped Solar on top of the horse and went in front of her. "I know someone close by who might give us something on our adventure to the next kingdom, so let's go there first."

Hyejin adjusted the backpack with their food supplies and nodded her head. "Fine, you lead the way then."

Byul was glad Hyejin trusted her to lead, so she hoped her buddy was willing to help them out. "I wonder if these two years treated you more kindly than they did to me, Sandeul." The vampire thought to herself as she rode off towards the direction of his house.
 



Yoohyeon slowly opened her eyes and looked around to see her Handong, Yubin, and Minji. "What happened?"

"Yoohyeon, are you okay?" Minji asked as she checked for any wounds on the silver wolf's face.

"And how did you get unconscious?" Handong questioned.

"I'm fine, Minji. Handong's healing works as always and I don't know how I got unconscious. One minute I saw the door open, and the next I was decked in the face and out."

Yubin raised an eyebrow. "You didn't see anyone?"

Yoohyeon only shook her head as a response.

Minji clenched her fist. "The second person must be a witch or someone else from her team."

"Do you think it's the other three on the board next to the prisoner's?" Handong asked.

"Most likely. I can't believe I gave them a room."

"Well, we can at least use their scents in that room to find them."

The vampire's cold exterior quickly changed. "Oh yeah, you're about right Yubin." She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. "I guess that makes Bora and the others hunt for a scent back in the forest to be useless, huh?"

Yubin facepalmed. She couldn't believe that the red-haired woman was one of the most dangerous people to ever live. The sound of a door opening caused all four women to look at it, thinking it could be intruders, but it was only Bora, Siyeon, and Gahyeon with defeat written all over their faces.

"We're sorry Minji, but we tried to look for the second person's scent, but it seemed to have gone away before we could pick it up." A brunette woman named Bora said.

"And the blood dried up or soaked into the ground, so I couldn't collect it without tracking a worm instead." Gahyeon said right after Bora.

"Yeah, we're sorry Minji, so please use water instead of fire for your next target practice." Siyeon added.

The red-haired vampire smirked, which scared the three girls as they huddled together. "Don't worry about it you three. We actually found a better way to track them."

Gahyeon peaked her head out from between the two wolves hugging her. "Wait really?"

"Yes. Their room."

"Oh thank god, we're safe," Bora spoke as she let her hold on the two go.

"You can thank Yubin for saving you two for testing out my ice magic. I'm still upset that the vampire and her friend harmed our silver wolf here, so we're gonna go after them and show them that they can't mess with the most dangerous mercenary group throughout the entire kingdoms. Now you six go get ready. We're gonna go bounty hunting."

Yoohyeon perked up and her tail started to wag. "Wait, all six of us are actually going?!?"

"Yep, now go."

The six women cheered as they haven't had a seven-member trip in a long time. They were a little thankful to these criminals they were now on a hunt for and ran out to get ready for their trip. However, Gahyeon stayed behind to ask one important question.

"What about the tavern? Who will keep an eye on it while we're gone?"

"Frick, I forgot about that part. "

 

 

 

 



Now we have been introduced to all of Dreamcratcher :D

And Solar has finally learned to be nicer to Byul for a bit. Let's see how long that will last XD

Anyway, I'll see you in the next chapter, so have a good day and be safe wherever you are.