Chapter 14: Under The Full Moon Pt. 1

Clearing Our Names

A huge yawn escaped Yongsun's mouth. It was early in the morning, and she was very tired of the lack of sleep. However, she couldn't sleep in as she sometimes would because she couldn’t afford to miss this boat.

"Still tired?" Byulyi asked the ex-guard. As a vampire, she no longer needed rest for energy unless she was blood starved, which she very much was, but needed to pretend she was okay in order to not worry the tired woman beside her. 

"Of course, I am. I had another one of those dumb nightmares about my village again and it didn't help that when I woke up, I couldn't find you anywhere. You made me worried sick. I thought something happened to you again or us saving you was just a dream."

Byulyi scratched the back of her head. "Sorry. I got bored and went to quickly grab something and then come back. I didn't think you'd wake up before then."

"Well, I did,” Yongsun said harshly. “You should’ve at least left a note."

"Aww, you care about my safety." The vampire teased, but the ex-guard was having none of it.

"Of course, I care. I almost lost you and I don't want that to happen again."

"Then I promise to remember to write a note the next time I decide to leave for a side quest." Byulyi tried to calm the furious woman. It seemed to have worked as her anger was replaced with sleepiness and released another big yawn.

“You better.”

"What did you get by the way?" Hyejin asked, wiping the gunk in her eyes. She was half asleep and was now massaging her neck as she woke up on the floor again because Wheein had pushed her off. The werewolf noticed the action and went to help out.

"I'll show you guys when the time is right. Right now, let's worry about getting on the boat."

As the four women followed the knights to the docks, they hesitated as the five men walked on the wooden gangway to the boat. Eric noticed the silence behind him and turned back to see the women just standing there as if questioning if they should walk on it or not. "What are you waiting for? Don't tell me women are afraid of the water now?"

Solar rolled her eyes. "That's not the case. We just don't think it's a good idea for the four of us to enter the boat at the front. We might get caught."

"I doubt a ship filled with people from a different kingdom, heading back home would care if they’re harboring criminals as long as you don't break any of their rules."

"And being a stowaway is definitely breaking one of their rules," Taehyung added. However, they didn’t seem convinced enough.

"We have big bounties. Different Kingdom or not, they might want the money on our heads. Don't worry, I saw an area we can enter through without getting caught." Solar tried to reassure, but that didn’t seem to change the knight's mind at all.

"I'm not letting you guys do that." Eric refused. "We'll just have to risk them being friendly than you guys getting caught and creating more problems."

"Besides, if they are friendly, imagine all the good foods you can eat," Jimin said, hoping it would be enough to persuade them. Which seemed to work for two people.

"Solar, he's right," Hyejin said, with Wheein nodding her head vigorously in agreement.

The ex-guard sighed in defeat. "Of course, you two would get convinced when it comes to food. Fine, we’ll risk it." The younger two cheered. "However, if they aren't, I'm getting out as possible and we'll just have to find a way to catch them here."

"Why are we leaving the kingdom anyways?" Jungkook asked. "Wouldn't it be better for us to try and stop them here?"

"It would, but it's just too dangerous for the four of us to stop them if anyone else coming for our bounty tries to get us too," Solar answered as she began to walk. "At least when we go to a different kingdom, we're safe from any mercenaries."

The group continued walking up to the entrance until they were quickly blocked off by a sailor. "Sorry, I can't let you pass unless that mutt over there is leashed." He said, pointing over to Taehyung.

"Excuse me?" Jimin stepped in. "He is a knight of this kingdom and should be treated with respect."

"He may be a knight here, but that title means jack anywhere else, so either you leash the dog, or you all aren't getting in."

"Why I oughta- " He walked up to give a man a piece of his mind but was luckily pulled back by Jungkook and Taehyung.

"What's going on here?" A voice called out. A voice Hyejin remembered. Footsteps made their way to the entrance, and it was revealed that Loco, the man that helped them last night was here. "We have to leave soon, so why are you not letting these customers in?"

"They got a mutt that isn't leashed."

"Loco?" Hyejin said. Catching the man's attention immediately, he looked over and was surprised by who he saw.

"Hwasa? What are you doing here?"

"I was just about to ask you that."

"I work here." He then looked over at the sailor. "Hey, they're with me, so how about you be a douche somewhere else, okay?"

The sailor huffed out in annoyance and began to walk away. "Whatever, but if it hurt anyone, it's on you."

Loco rolled his eyes before turning back at the group with a smile. "Sorry about him. He's not very fond of werewolves."

"I can see that." Jimin hissed. If it wasn’t for his friends and his title, he would have ended that man’s life.

"Anyway, you guys can come on in. I'll make sure he doesn't bother you on your stay here."

"Thanks, Lolo," Byulyi said as she passed the man.

"It's Loco."

"Close enough." The others then followed behind the vampire. Taehyung along with Jimin thanked him on their way in. Wheein gave him a cold hard stare, which he ignored, and Hyejin followed in last.

"Never thought we'd be seeing each other again this early." The witch spoke with a smile.

Loco returned the expression. "Yeah. I thought I wasn't going to see you ever again."

"Well, we sure surprised each other. Do you work here?"

"Yeah. It's a small bodyguard job, but it beats hunting animals for hide. A lot safer too with the bonus of traveling the world." He then pulled out a small teddy bear. "I even got my little girl something on the way back home."

The mention of a little girl surprised the younger woman. "You have a daughter?"

"Yeah. She's five. Turning six in a few more days, so I got her this and another gift in my room."

"Does that mean you have a wife too?" Loco nodded his head. "What's her name?"

"Her name's Maria. You know, you actually remind me of my wife. Maybe that's why I was able to find comfort in you so easily."

Hyejin didn’t know if she should be happy or creeped out by that comment but smiled anyway. "Well, I'm glad to hear that. I think your daughter will love it."

"I think so too. She has a thing with bears." He put the bear back into his bag. "Your small friend over there is giving me death glares, so I think you should probably go back before she kills me." He pointed over, where Wheein stood, who was in fact giving him murderous looks. "Maybe when I'm done here, I'll come find you guys."

"I'd love that. I'll be on my way now. Be safe bodyguarding." 

Loco laughed. "Will do."

Hyejin smiled as she turned around and walked to where she saw the glaring werewolf.  She rolled her eyes. "Wheein. There's no reason for you to be jealous. He's married."

"So, you were interested in him."

"No, I wasn't. I’m only saying, so you can get off his back. He just showed me a toy he was going to give to his daughter."

Wheein squinted. "Okay, but I wasn't jealous, to begin with."

The witch laughed. "If you aren’t jealous, then I guess Solar and Byul aren't madly in love with each other either."

"Those two are too obvious, but I wasn’t jealous."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. I don't want to argue with you anymore, so let's go join the others."

"Fine. Follow me." Wheein led the two down to the bottom floor where the others were having breakfast.

"Ah, there's the kids!" Byulyi yelled out. "Thought you two got thrown overboard."

"Please. If someone tried, I'd throw them out myself." Hyejin replied as she took a seat next to Solar and Wheein beside her.

The vampire along with the others laughed. "Of course, you would."

"Enough talk about being thrown overboard and let's eat. I'm STARVING!" Jungkook whined.

"Right. Let's eat and talk about what happened last night." Jimin added. 

Everyone didn't seem like they wanted to talk about the subject, but it was quickly put aside when the food came out. They all began to eat. Small conversations here and there, but after all the food was gone and the plates taken away. Everyone became silent as they finally had to discuss the elephant in the room. The group was quiet for who knows how long until Solar decided to take charge.

"So does anyone have any ideas what the red gem does?"

"Besides making someone immune to being stabbed in the heart. No." Jimin answered. He still couldn’t believe what he saw. He stabbed the man with so much force, yet the man pulled out his sword covered in blood like a toothpick. What was even wilder was that there was no stab wound or anything after he pulled out the blade.

Solar nodded and hummed in understanding. "Anyone else?"

"The ability to cover the area in black?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't think that's part of the gem," Hyejin answered. "We know he has the ability to silence areas he's in, so maybe it's another ability he has."

Eric sighed as he leaned into his chair. "Makes me wonder if he's some kind of wizard or witch?"

"I think he has another item that makes him able to do those things, cause those spells are nonexistent."

"Or dark magic," Wheein claimed.

"Dark magic would make sense, but it comes with the consequence of taking your life force, and with the number of times he used it, he should be dead."

“Maybe he has an item to let him live like the red gem?”

“That’s possible, or what if he’s an immortal being that can’t be killed by that kind of magic?” Hyejin suggested.

“Like a vampire?” Eric questioned. It was the only being of all supernaturals that were immortal unless they were killed by their weaknesses. 

“That’s possible too. You don’t know how many times I’ve died.” Byulyi laughed, remembering the many times she died beside her most recent one.

"Can we please not get out of topic and talk about the gem." Yongsun interrupted. The four apologized. "It's fine, we can talk about what he is and Byul’s embarrassing deaths later. Right now, we have to figure out what the dumb rock does, so when we go to our destination and scope out the place, we can come up with a plan to finally get those guys off our backs."

"All of them weren’t that embarrassing.” The vampire huffed out. “Also, when everyone was asleep. I did go to the night market and found something that might help us."

"Wait you went to the night market? Why? That's extremely dangerous to go into, especially alone."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. And I went because I wanted to know what stupid advantage, I just gave those guys." Byulyi reached inside her cloak and put down a book that read, 'Forbidden items.'

"Why does it say Forbidden," Eric asked.

"I don't know. I think they want people to find them and use them." Taehyung replied, which made the older man glare at the werewolf.

"Well, they're items that are both powerful and dangerous."

"If they are those things, why not destroy them."

"I don't know if you can." Byulyi opened the book and flipped through the pages until she stopped at a picture of the red gem and read the page out loud.

 

The Gem of Immortality:

Once inserted inside the user, they become immortal for an entire day. However, takes just as long to be used again by the same person.

 

"So, the guy can't use it today," Jimin spoke out.

"Which means we're in the clear but won't be able to find him." Solar went to close the book. "Alright, I think that's enough information for today. Once we get to our next destination, we’ll survey the area and devise a plan. For now, we can just relax."

"How do we know that those two won't just try and kill us here?" Byulyi asked.

"I don't, but I know today they wouldn't try anything since they can't use the gem. Now everyone go have fun." 

As everyone began to disperse, Byulyi leaned her head against the older woman. "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna look through this book a little more." Yongsun opened the book again and flipped to the page she was looking for. Hoping to find any other secrets besides the page of small info and drawing of the item.

"Need some company?"

That made the older woman smile. "If you don't mind being here for God knows how long."

"Of course not."

"Can I join too?" A voice asked. The two looked over and the vampire frowned when she saw Eric sitting across from them.

"Sure, thing Eric. The more, the merrier."

As Yongsun went back to reading the book, she was unaware of the harsh stare down between the other two as she was too immersed in the book.

 


 

Once Solar told them they can relax, Hyejin was the first to move away from the group. Wheein was surprised by the sudden action and walked beside her. "Don't tell me you're looking for that guy."

The witch rolled her eyes. "That GUY is named Loco, and I don't understand why you don't like him. He saved us not once, but twice."

"I have my reasons."

"Your only reason for hating him is because you're jealous. Isn't the fact that he's happily married with a daughter good enough reason that he has no other motive?"

"I'm not jealous because of that."

"Really? Then you wouldn't mind if I go find my friend and have a chat in private?"

"Fine. I might be a bit jealous."

"Now she admits it."

"Whatever!" Wheein yelled. "Go find my replacement and have fun without me."

"Is that why you're jealous?” Hyejin’s anger began to subside after she realized the real reason for her friend’s behavior. She then softly placed a hand atop the werewolf's shoulder. "Wheein, I'd never replace you with anyone. You will always be my best friend. My number one."

"I... I know that." The werewolf huffed as she crossed her arms. The witch chuckled seeing how cute her friend looked.

"I'm sorry. I assumed differently. I mean you weren't jealous with Solar or Moonbyul."

"That's because those two would be my best friends too." Wheein sighed and let her arms fall. "I guess I'm sorry too, for getting jealous and letting it out on you."

Hyejin pets the top of her friend’s head. "I forgive you Wheepup."

"Hey!"

The younger woman laughed at the cute pout the werewolf gave her. "I'm glad we solved that problem fast."

"That's because we're best friends and not like Solar and Moonbyul."

"Yeah, those two can be unbearable when they fight."

"Agreed. Those two even have this weird smell between them."

Hyejin raised an eyebrow. "What kind of smell?"

"." The two laughed. "No, but seriously, those two just need to like kiss or something."

"You know that would take forever. Now let's go find Loco, I think he's done patrolling the entrance now. Unless you still don't want to see him?"

"I'm still on the edge with him, but I'll always go wherever you go."

Hyejin smiled softly. "Glad to hear that." As the two made their way up, she scouted the area, but couldn’t find the man she was looking for.

"Looking for me?" Loco called out from behind.

The witch jumped a bit but tried to play it off as she turned around with a smile. "I was. How was handling the entrance?"

"It was okay. How was your food?"

"It was good." She said as she put two thumbs up. "So, are you free?"

"Sure am."

"Great, so are we. How about you show me and Wheein around the ship, so we can pass the time."

"Sure thing. Follow me." The mercenary said as he walked in a direction. The two followed close behind.

 

~~~~

 

Yongsun looked through every page as she tried to memorize all the forbidden items and what they do. The ex-guard was too lost in the book, that she didn't notice the death glares Eric and Byulyi were still giving each other. The vampire yawned very loudly as she rested her head against her partner's shoulder. Yongsun blushed by the action while Eric just glared. Mentally fuming at what he was seeing.

"Hey Yong. How long are you going to stare at that book for?" Byulyi asked as she wrapped an arm around Yongsun’s shoulder. Smirking at the very furious older knight from across the table.

"Why? Did you want to do something?" The ex-guard tried to be calm about the situation but was failing miserably by how red she was. She was just glad the book was able to hide her face from Eric.

"I hear music, so I was thinking if you wanted to dance."

That seemed to have made the older woman stop reading as she placed the book down and listened in to indeed hear music. "I don't know. How do I know you're not tricking me again?"

"Again? Did fake me trick you with a dance?" The ex-guard turned to face the vampire to see a genuinely shocked reaction which quickly turned to a burst of laughter.

"I always wondered why you were in the woods, but I can't believe they tricked you with a dance!"

"Shut up. I was blindfolded."

"And you let them blindfold you too? Bwahahaha!" Yongsun was no longer red in embarrassment, but anger now. She looked over to the person in front of her. "Do you want to dance with me instead Eric?"

That seemed to cut Byulyi’s laughing short. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry for laughing. I promise you I won't laugh at you again and that I'm the real Byul."

"I already know you were the real one, so if you don't laugh again, I'll allow it," Yongsun said as she put down the book and stood up.

Eric couldn't believe what he was hearing and seeing. He thought no one was able to call Solar by her real name or else the ex-guard would get mad, but she didn't look the least bit upset when the vampire said it. She also took the offer after being made fun of, when it usually takes a couple of tries and a few whines to get her to agree to something beforehand. He was starting to wonder if this really was Solar or an imposter. He watched in disbelief as the ex-guard took the vampire's hand and be led to the top deck.

"Dang, your last shot was just taken away from you," Jimin spoke as he patted the man's shoulder. "And I was rooting for you too."

"Yeah, there's no way she's going to be with you now," Jungkook said.

"I was leaning towards the vampire. They look better together." Taehyung added.

Eric swatted the hand away and stood up. "What the heck? Me and Solar have years of history while she barely even knows that undead zombie."

"You may have years, but she had more experience with her," Jungkook stated. "I mean, they kissed for starters."

"Wait, they kissed?" Jimin gasped. This was the first time he heard the ex-guard kissing someone.

"Yeah, but she practically kisses anyone when she's drunk."

"And yet she never kissed you," Taehyung stated. Ignoring the hard glare, he was getting.

"You just have to accept the fact that she'll only see you as a friend/brother," Jimin advised. "The faster, the better."

"Shut up! You three are really annoying me. I need a drink." The older knight began making his way to the nearest bar.

The three became quiet as they watched him walk away and once, he was out of earshot, finally spoke. "I don't know why he's upset when he's not even doing anything to stop it."

"Maybe he knows internally that he never had a chance," Jungkook said.

"Yeah." Taehyung agreed. "And Jimin what do you mean, you were on Eric’s side on this? Team Moonsun was the obvious choice."

“I only said it to make him feel better.”

Jungkook was confused now. “Moonsun?”

 


 

Byulyi led them to where the music was being played, but instead of bringing them to where the crowd was, she led them to a secluded area behind some large crates.

"Are you leading me here, so you can try to kill me again?" Yongsun asked.

"Of course not. You can tell if it's me, by my body temperature."

"I don't know. Maybe you finally found a way to regulate your body temperature."

Byulyi looked at the older woman unamused. "Maybe it was a mistake to bring you here." She then began to walk away.

"Wait Byul. I was joking." Yongsun apologized through her laughter. 

"Leave the joking to me. You're not as good as you think." She then pulled the woman towards her. Making her go silent as they were close to each other. "Has anyone ever told you that you look very beautiful?"

"Maybe when I was drunk."

The vampire laughed. "Then let me be the first to tell your sober self that you're very beautiful."

Yongsun couldn't help but blush at the compliment. "Just start dancing before I decide to call it a night."

"Okay, okay." The taller woman led the dance and the two moved in sync. The beat of the music filled in the silence between them. Soon, the sound around them became quiet, as the two fell into their own world. "You know, I remember when we used to hate each other."

Yongsun groaned. "Don't remind me. It wasn’t even that long ago, but I always feel bad when thinking about it."

"Sorry for the reminder, but it kind of shows you how far we became now." Byulyi then spun the older woman around and they continued their dance. "I had been by myself for so long. Sure, I had Sandeul when we were kids, but once I left him behind, I was on my own and thought I was better off. Looks like you along with Wheein and Hyejin proved me wrong."

Yongsun smiled. "Well, I never liked getting too close with anyone. I never thought I could fall in love especially since I was the only female in the knights and had to prove my worth. Then when I lost my job and became a wanted criminal, I felt like I had nothing left and was upset, but I never should have taken it out on you. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You have a right to be upset and I'll be honest. I was a bit annoying to deal with back then."

The older woman playfully rolled her eyes. "A bit back then?"

"Okay, fine. I was very annoying, and I still am sometimes, but I will say, your reactions were always the best, that's why I always do it."

"Maybe I should stop giving you good reactions then." The two laughed until it died down and they danced in silence for a while longer.

After some time had passed, Byulyi finally got the courage she was looking for. "Hey, Yong?"

"Yes?"

"Do you remember what happened at the bar, the day we met?"

"I'm not too sure. It was all a blur. I was pretty drunk that night." She lied. She remembered from what Eric and Namjoon told her and if they hadn’t brought her back home, she definitely wouldn’t have ended that interaction with just a kiss.

The younger woman raised an eyebrow. "Pretty drunk?" That made Yongsun laugh. However, it quickly died out after hearing what the vampire said next. 

"Did you want me to show you what happened that night?"

The ex-guard's face got even redder than it already was at what the woman in front of her was implying. Except, she wasn't against the idea one bit. "I-if you want."

The vampire shook her head. "No Yongsun. This is something you have to agree on as well."

The older woman looked down to try and avoid eye contact with the younger woman. She only answered by nodding her head.

"If you want me to show you," Byulyi said as she tilted Yongsun's head so that they were now staring into each other's eyes. The ex-guard wondered if the vampire could hear how fast her heart was beating. "You're gonna have to face me."

Byulyi slowly leaned in. Pressing her lips against soft, warm ones. The kiss was gentle, and intimate compared to their first kiss, which was sloppy and rushed. The two wished they could stay like this forever but were sadly bound to the breath of oxygen and pulled apart. They were so lost in each other, they had forgotten about their dance and the music, that ended a long time ago.

"I don't remember our kiss being this good," Yongsun spoke, causing the woman in front of her to smirk.

"I thought you didn't remember?"

"I lied~" The two laughed.

"Well, I'm glad you remember, because I think I'm starting to forget what we just did and might need a reminder."

Yongsun pulled the taller woman closer until their lips were a few centimeters apart. "I'll gladly show you again." She then closed the distance this time and although the lips were cold, she felt so warm. 

The two were surprised to find this kiss better than the last. It turned out to be the case for the other times they kissed. One being bolder than the other. Yongsun had now moved her hands from Byulyi's face to wrap her arms around the taller woman's neck. The vampire had placed her hands on the older woman's waist as she pulled her closer. Yongsun was leaning against the crate. As Byulyi moved a hand up, Yongsun shivered at the cold hand feeling her skin.

As the two were about to continue further into their lust, the loud screaming from afar seemed to have grabbed their attention.

"Are my hands too cold?" Byulyi joked as she pulled herself apart from her lover.

"That wasn't me." She spoke. Another scream was heard again. "I think we should check that out."

The vampire whined. "Why can't we let other people do it? Didn't the boat hire that one guy for this reason? Shouldn't we let him do his job?

"If he's there. Then it’s more likely Hyejin and Wheein would be there too. I think I heard Hyejin say she wanted to go find him."

Byulyi cursed. "Fine, let's go towards the screams and if they are there, we’ll try to help out." The ex-guard glared at her. “Fine. We’ll help them out even if the kids are there or not.”

"That's very kind of you. Maybe after we're finished, I'll reward you for being so kind?" Yongsun smirked as she pecked the vampire's lips. The action seemed to have energized the woman.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go get my reward! I mean save those people!" Byulyi grabbed a hold of Yongsun's hand and led them to where she could hear another scream. 

The two then became filled with worry. Not because of the screams from afar, but because of the ferocious snarling of a beast that was then led by a loud long howl.

 


 

Hyejin was smiling at the sight before her. Wheein and Loco were getting along a lot easier, and it made her feel happy.

"And what's a ferry without a live band and enough space to dance on."

"I think Solar’s going to love that. I don't know why, but she’s been obsessed with dancing lately." Wheein spoke.

"Well, lucky for her, she can dance here if she'd like."

Hyejin was beginning to feel left out, so she got in between the two. “Thanks for showing us around Loco. I never knew there were different kinds of boats before until now."

"Well, I'm not a boat expert, but I have to know some differences if I'm going to be working with someone who owns one. Don't want to offend them by calling it just a boat."

The three chuckled at that. But it was cut short when someone called the mercenary's name. They all looked over to see an older man, with gray hair hidden with his white captain cap and a gray goatee. He wore an outfit all covered in white and navy-blue outlines and thread with golden buttons on his uniform. The man had a smoking pipe in his mouth, that seemed to puff out smoke every time he talked.

"Loco, stop getting distracted and help me and my men check up on something on the bottom deck. Felix said he heard something but doesn't want to risk checking it out in case it's dangerous."

"I wasn’t getting distracted. I can multitask.” He whispered so the captain wouldn’t hear. He then looked over at the two younger women. “Sorry about him, but I have to go. Duty calls. I'll be back later."

"It's alright. Me and Wheein will stay here and hang out while we wait for you to come back. Now go do your job." Hyejin said and they watched him walk away. Once the man was gone, she looked at her friend with a big smile on her face. "Thank you for being nice."

"Well, I guess he isn't so bad to talk to here and there." Wheein looked away, to hide her blush and smirk. She thought the younger woman was beautiful when she smiled. 

"Now, I think I should be worried about him replacing me." That made the werewolf laugh.

“Trust me when I say, no one is coming for your spot. You already got a permanent place in my heart.”

“Aww~” The witch couldn’t help but melt at that sweet comment. The werewolf always had a way with her words. Her mood suddenly changed when her stomach growled out of nowhere. "Hey Wheein, do you want to go back to the bottom deck? I'm starving."

Wheein nodded. “Definitely.  I’m starving too."

As Hyejin led the two back to the bottom deck of the food station, the two stopped at the sound of screaming. The two turned their heads to see a woman screaming in fear as she saw her arm covered in fur and razor-sharp claws. "Someone help me!" She cried out as everyone ran away from her in terror.

Wheein immediately ran towards the woman and tried to calm her down. "Listen, I know you're scared, but you have to breathe and try to calm down."

The woman screamed in agony as her eyes now became covered in red. She shoved Wheein away from her. "Get away from me! I'm a monster!"

"No, you're not! You’re still human." Wheein tried to console the woman, but nothing seemed to have calmed her down as she began to transform, she was already halfway through when she lunged herself at Wheein. She was able to dodge the attack, but her arm got clawed at in the crossfire. She winced as she held onto the pain. If she turned now, she could have a fighting chance maybe, but it might scare the other woman and make her lose herself even faster. 

Whatever Wheein chose to do, didn’t seem to matter as the woman turned to her. No longer the human that she was. The beast fully taking control. As it ran at her, Wheein tried to get up, but slipped on her own blood and injured her arm even more. Cursing, she had to choose between exposing herself or letting this beast kill her. 

It was as if everything went in slow motion as she thought out her options. She looked at Hyejin, who was running at her as fast as she could, and looked back at the monster lunging at her. She looked into the pure red eyes and although they showed anger, deep down it was filled with sadness and guilt. That's when Wheein knew what she was going to do and released a heavy sigh.

 


:O Oh no Wheein!

Sorry for the cliffhanger, but this one was gonna be just too long, but I found just the right spot to split it. Sorry for the info dumping (there’s gonna be a lot of those), but I gave you guys a prize for reading this and being patient with me :)

Also want to apologize for the long wait. The writing program I use wasn't allowing me to copy and paste, so I had to retype everything word for word, but kept getting distracted, so it took me a lot longer to finish. Found a new program, so the next chapter doesn't take a lot longer to be posted. My editing program is janky, so edits may not be the best and a lot more mistakes might still be evident, but it'll have to do for now.

Don't worry, you guys don't have to wait too long for part 2 of the chapter, since I made sure to finish it as well. You just have to wait next month, so you guys can have something to look forward to and don't have to read two chapters and wait for god knows how long again before I release another chapter. Thanks again for being patient and leaving such lovely comments. They always make me smile and motivate me to keep going, so thank you again from the bottom of my heart! I hope you all are safe as always!!!

!!!ALSO LISTEN TO WHEEIN'S NEW OST CALLED, "YOU, YOU"!!!