Chapter 10: Yong

Clearing Our Names

The world around him was dark and silent for who knows how long. He wondered how much longer he would endure this until he finally heard the sound of chatter not too far from him.

"When do you think he'll wake up?" Jin asked.

"Beats me." Yoongi voice answered. "He's been asleep for almost three weeks now and there are no signs of him waking."

The voices were familiar to him and it brought a tear to his subconscious eyes to know the two visited him. After hearing the voices, everything around him changed. The darkness surrounding him slowly faded as he became more conscious.

It didn't take long until Namjoon awoke as he opened his eyes for the first time in three weeks.

-----------------

Wheein winced as Hyejin tightened the bandage around her shoulder. Although the wound where she was shot was fully healed with the help of the witch's magic, the inside was still damaged and needed time to heal on it its own.

"There," Hyejin spoke. "But to be safe, I don't think you should be using that shoulder until it fully heals. Which means no combat and any werewolf transformations, okay?"

Wheein whined. "But I won't be walking on my shoulder in my beastly werewolf form."

"But you'll rip your bandage, and why would you turn when you're still not supposed to use your shoulder?"

"To... seem intimidating?" 

Hyejin rolled her eyes. "I'm serious, Wheein, no transforming." She then placed a hand atop of Wheein's. "I was so scared when you were shot. And for a second there I thought I was gonna lose you, the most important person in my life, and I-," Hyejin started to tear up. "I don't know what I would do if anything bad happened to you."

Wheein gently wiped away Hyejin's tear and rested the hand on the witch's cheek. "I was worried too, but I'm still here and that's all that matters."

"I know, but- "

"No buts Hyejin." The werewolf softly smiled to reassure her best friend. "Yeah, I got shot and now I can't move my shoulder without feeling pain, but in the end I'm fine."

Hyejin sighed. This was one of the few moments where the werewolf was right. "Thank you." She then kissed the werewolf's palm and got up to hide the red in her face. "I think I'm gonna call it a night."

"Oh, okay. Good night." Wheein watched as the witch walked away to her sleeping bag and looked at her hand with a smirk on her face. Her face was just as red, but she didn't mind.

While Hyejin and Wheein got ready for bed, Yongsun and Byulyi weren't too far away.

Yongsun was concentrating as she looked at the fire in front of her. She was hopeful when the flame moved a little, but suddenly she envisioned herself surrounded in the flame as a figure creepily smiled at her. Surprised by what she saw, she took a step back and blew out the flame quickly with the spell Minji gave her.

"You were really close that time," Byulyi said as she got up from the tree she was leaning on. She walked up to the ex guard and got worried to see her looking a bit frantic. "Hey, are you okay? Something wrong?" 

Her hands shook by the frightening sight she saw not too long ago "I-... I thought I saw something." Suddenly she felt cold hands wrapped around her own, and though they were freezing, the gesture itself was able to calm her. 

"Do you want to stop and just call it a night?" Byulyi asked. To which the older woman shook her head. "Do you want to keep going?" A nod was her only answer. "Are you sure?" Another nod and the vampire sighed. "Okay, but how about we try moving the fire one more time then call it a night?" That got Yongsun to agree, and she watched as Byulyi lit the fire up again. The vampire then made her way to stand close by the ex guard. "Go whenever you're ready."

The ex guard took a deep breath before concentrating on the flame again. For a second, it looked like she had it under control, but like the last time, she envisioned herself surrounded by the flames again. This time the figure was right in front of her as it tried to grab her neck. 

The fire blew out again as she started to hyperventilate. Byulyi was quick to react and held onto Yongsun's hands to comfort her. "Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm here and Wheein and Hyejin aren't too far away." The vampire proceeded to say soothing words until Yongsun was calm enough to talk.

"Thank you." She said as she then sighed in defeat. "I don't understand why this is happening."

"I'm not too sure either, but if I have to guess, I'm gonna say it's because you might have some trauma with fire."

"I mean, we had a run-in with it like two times already."

Byulyi chuckled. "Not those, silly. I'm talking more like in your past."

"Oh." Was all Yongsun could say. She knew which fire in her past created the trauma, but she didn't want to say what it was. If she did, that meant she would have to relive that nightmare and she was too terrified to. 

The vampire noticed this and went to reassure the ex guard. "Hey, it's alright if you don't want to talk about it. We all have pasts and secrets we aren't comfortable saying out loud. Take your time. Now how about we stop training and go back. Then in the next day at the town, we get you a sorcery book, okay?"

Yongsun was still in shock at what she had seen that she could only nod as a reply. Luckily, she had Byulyi, who didn't push anything forward. Instead, the vampire smiled softly and with one hand still intertwined with the older woman's, Byulyi led the two back to their camp, where a sleeping Wheein and Hyejin waited. 

While the others slept, Byulyi kept watch as usual, and to pass the time, she started to have thoughts. Wondering what Yongsun experienced to get her in a frantic state as she tried to control the flames. It took her a while, but then it dawned on her. She remembered when they entered the village of rubble and the ex guard's grip around her waist got tighter. Yongsun's home must have met the same fate as that village, which only led to more questions than answers to Byulyi's wakeful night. 

The two important questions of course are who set the village on fire and why?

‐-------------------------

Yongsun browsed through the sorcery bookshelf with Hyejin close behind her. The two were hanging out with each other, while Byulyi stayed back with Wheein, who didn't want to attract unwelcome attention because of her own scent. The ex guard pulled out a book and looked through it.

"Is that the one?" Hyejin spoke as she played around with a wand. She liked the one Wheein got her, but that didn't mean she couldn't look at others.

"Maybe. The book cover is made of leather and it feels nice, but it's expensive. The cheap one is only made of paper, so it'll burn easily."

"They're books Solar. They all burn easily."

"Not exactly." Solar denied. "With the leather cover on, it will surely slow down the process of the pages inside burning up."

"Then get the book. Who cares if it's expensive."

"You know what? You're right. I'll get this book and hope we have enough coins to pay for it." 

"Trust me, we will have enough."

The two went to the counter to pay for the book. Yongsun went fishing for her pouch and was surprised to see that they were a few coins short. She sighed and was about to exchange the book for the paper cover until Hyejin placed a few coins on the counter. The ex guard was speechless that she didn't say anything until they exited the store. "Where did you get those coins from? And you better say from my pouch."

"Oh, well, you see, during our brief run-in with the king's guards, I remember seeing that one dead guard and thought it would be a good time to see if he had anything useful."

"You robbed the dead?"

"Yeah. I mean, what was he going to use the coins for?"

Yongsun facepalmed. "I think Byulyi is a bad influence on you."

"Well, if her bad influence helps us survive and helped you pay for your book, then I'll take her it any day."

The ex guard sighed. She just hoped the vampire didn't get to Wheein as well. She was just about to say something but was interrupted when someone crashed into her. The two fell onto the floor from the impact.

"I'm so sorry." A young man said. "I didn't see- Yonghee? I thought you were supposed to be in town by tomorrow morning."

Yongsun froze in her spot. It had been a long time since she heard that name, much less mistaken of the owner to that name. She was so stunned that she didn't notice her hood was down until Hyejin quickly bring it back up.

"You're alright, my friend here should've moved out of the way. Sorry about that." 

"I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not this Yonghee you speak of."

"So very sorry about her again," Hyejin spoke as she picked up the ex guard and started shoving her away from the scene. "We're in a rush to get somewhere, so we can't help you sorry. Have a good day." Once the two exited out the town and made their way back to Byulyi and Wheein, Yongsun spoke.

"Did you hear what that woman said?"

"No. I was too busy trying to save our skins after you exposed your face to the public. Someone could've seen us."

"And I want to apologize for that, but the young man called me Yonghee." She looked at the witch to her with a confused expression. "That's my sister's."

"Maybe it was a coincidence?"

"Can't be possible since she's dead. It would be weird for me to get confused for someone who has the same name as my sister."

"Okay, I got it. Pretty hard to be confused for your dead sister." Hyejin said before they were suddenly pulled into a hug.

"Thank goodness, you guys are okay. I was worried that something bad happened to you guys for a second there. Also, Wheein started her shoulder, and I didn't know if that was okay or not, so I did nothing."

"What?" Hyejin pushed herself off the hug and made her way to where Wheein was sitting, her wound. "Wheein, don't your wound!"

Byulyi and Yongsun quickly pulled away from the hug once Hyejin left. "So... I see you got the book." 

"Yeah. This book was quite pricey, so I was worried that we wouldn't have enough to buy it. Luckily we could since Hyejin robbed the dead guard back at the destroyed village. Which she got from your influence. "

The vampire was impressed. "I mean you can be mad all you want, but in the end, that money helped you pay for your book."

"How does robbing the dead- you know what I'm not gonna fight with you about that. I wanted to suggest that we stay here for the night and leave sometime in the morning."

"What, why? I thought we were in a rush?"

"We are, but I need to check up on something real quick before we do."

"And what is this quick something that got miss in a rush in such a patient mood?"

Yongsun contemplated if she wanted to answer, but she knew that if she didn't give a valid reason, the vampire would only deny her. She took a deep sigh before giving her answer. "I had a run-in with some rando who thought I was Yonghee and you might not know, but that's the name of my sister who I thought was dead along with my parents. I didn't really see her die, but I assume she is. Anyway, I think my assumption was wrong, and she's alive. However, the only way to know is if I check at the entrance for her this morning."

"Okay."

"After my whole backstory and you still don't-, wait, did you just say yes?"

"Well, I said okay, but I guess it's the same." Byulyi laughed as the ex guard her shoulder. Once the flurry of attacks stopped, did she continue. "Look, I understand and don't need any convincing. I think the other two would understand as well too if they were here."

"Thank you."

"No need for thanks. You'd do the same if I was in your shoes. And hey, even if we don't see her, at least we tried." Yongsun smiled fondly at the woman in front of her. Lucky to have met someone like her despite all her obvious flaws. 

"Let's go tell the other two and after, if you want, you can help me master my sorcery magic again."

"Sure, why not? I don't have much to do, anyway." The two then made their way towards Hyejin and Wheein, who seemed to be having a petty argument.

"Why would you your wound? It's healing on the inside, not the outside."

"I don't know, my head said to it and I listened."

"Are we interrupting something?" Byulyi asked. Feeling uncomfortable that the two are arguing.

"No, you came in at the right time, cause we are done with our conversation."

"O... kay then." Yongsun, along with Byulyi, didn't believe those words, but felt like them interrupting, saved them from arguing even longer. "Anyway, I was wondering if you guys wanted to stay here for a night?"

Wheein tilted her head. "How come?"

"Wait, let me guess. Does it have something to do with that Yonghee incident?"

"Maybe?" Yongsun replied as she looked down. A little embarrassed that their mission is halted by the off chance that Yongsun will meet her sister, who she presumed was dead for so long.

Hyejin and Wheein looked at each other, knowing what the other was thinking. They then looked back at the embarrassed older woman. "If that's the case, then we understand."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I know we've been on the move cause we're getting chased by two murderers and the kingdom's guards, but sometimes we need to take a break that doesn't involve the reason of one of us getting hurt."

"I agree with Wheein and because I would do the same thing and ask if there was a chance to meet my sister."

Yongsun sighed in relief. She was worried that they would deny her request, but as Byulyi said, they agreed.

"Now that's over with," Byulyi said. "I'm gonna help Yongsun with her new sorcery while we wait here."

"Alright." Hyejin looked at her best friend. "I know your scent might get some looks by the people," The werewolf pouted and Hyejin wondered how anyone could hate a cutie like her. "BUT we can still check out the town if we stay in the alleyways."

Wheein beamed at that and nodded her head vigorously, causing the witch to chuckle as she grabbed a hold of the werewolf's hand and led them into the town. 

"Please be safe in there you two."

"We will."

Yongsun sighed while she watched the younger two walk away. She knows the two will behave, but that doesn't mean she can't worry for them. Suddenly, an arm was wrapped behind her neck and she couldn't help but blush at the contact. "They sure grow fast, huh?" Byulyi asked as she pretended to wipe a tear away.

"They sure do. Anyway, let's go practice that element."

"Aye, ma'am! No fire though."

The ex guard pouted, but that wasn't budging the vampire's decision at all, so she had no choice but to choose a different element. She flipped through the pages in hopes to find an element that seemed interesting to her.

She stopped flipping through the pages, so Byulyi went to check out the page she stopped at. The vampire was quietly impressed at her choice. "Air is a good element, but have you ever choked on air in your past?" That comment earned her a slap on the shoulder. "Ow! okay, I got it. No trauma from air what so ever."

"Get me something to test this sorcery spell on."

"Oh yeah, let me just toss some air to you."

Yongsun rolled her eyes. "Haha, very funny. I mean, get me a physical item to levitate or cut,  else I'm using you."

"Okay, okay. No need to threaten your little helper here." Byulyi left to find something, which didn't take too long as she quickly came back with a stick in her hand.

Yongsun was not amused one bit. "A stick? Really?"

"What? You said to get you something and this stick sure is something."

The ex guard sighed. She loved Byulyi, but that vampire has a knack when it comes to getting on her nerves. "Fine, we'll use the stick, but next time, I'll be more specific." Yongsun took another look at the pages in her book.


"In order to move the element of wind and use it to levitate the item or person in front of you, one must be calm. Feeling the wind as it blows through you and enters your body. Concentrate on what is needed to be levitated, and soon you'll be able to move the element of wind at your whim."

Understanding what she needed to do, Yongsun closed the book and set it down on the ground. She then shut her eyes as she went to feel the wind blowing through her body and entering her lungs. Remembering to concentrate on lifting the stick that Byul was holding for her.

Byulyi was staring blankly at the older woman. Yongsun hadn't moved for a good five minutes, and the vampire assumed she was sleeping until the gentle air around them started to feel strong. The ex guard then raised her hand and Byulyi felt herself no longer feeling the ground. She looked down to find that she was being levitated. Assuming it was because of the stick, she let go but seemed to still be floating.

"Uh, Solar, I think you forgot to levitate just the stick." There was no answer. Instead, the surrounding wind became stronger as she was getting farther and farther from the ground. "Yongsun, stop!" She yelled, hoping that would snap The ex guard's concentration.

Suddenly, Yongsun's eyes opened wide and the strong winds subsided. Looking around, she noticed Byulyi was nowhere to be found and got worried. She called out for the vampire, to which she heard the sound of coughing from above her. She looked up and was relieved to find the brunette clinging to a branch.

"I'll remember to get you something bigger next time."

"Byulyi, I'm so sorry. I promise you I was trying to move the stick." And it was true, however, she thinks Byulyi was lifted up too because she was thinking about her along with the stick. She rubbed the back of her neck in embarrassment. "Guess I got carried away."

"Actually, I was the one who got carried away." Byulyi joked as she climbed down the tree. The joke, however, seemed to have gotten the ex-guard to feel a little less empathetic for the vampire as she looked at her with a deadpanned face. "What? I was."

Yongsun sighed as she made her way to meet Byulyi. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"I didn't get hurt, don't worry. Want to try again?"

"I...," The ex guard looked at the floor. "As much as I want to, I don't want to have the chance of you getting hurt."

"Don't feel too bad if you hurt me, I can heal back fast."

"I know, but I rather not take advantage of that."

Byulyi was surprised by that. Many people, including Sandeul, took advantage of her fast healing abilities.  Maybe it was because she hadn't drunk for a while or she genuinely didn't want to cause any harm to the vampire. Either way, it made Byulyi respect and admire the guard. "That's fine too, but if you don't want to use me as a test dummy, how about you and me go hunting for some food instead? It's magic free, I promise."

The ex guard looked back up as she smiled softly at the taller woman in front of her. "We can do that. Lead the way."

-----------------------

Jimin grabbed his two plates of food from the front door of his rented room. He closed the door and made his way towards his best friend who somberly looked put the window. 

It didn't matter if he was a guard for the kingdom or some hero. The people would treat him poorly, all because he was a werewolf. It clearly showed as they threw trash at him while his human friends weren't hit with anything at all.

"Here Tae, got you your favorite." The food was quite expensive, but Jimin didn't care about the price if it meant it could cheer up his friend. He placed the food in front of the Taehyung and it seemed to have snapped him out of his weird funk.

Taehyung smiled at Jimin, saying his thanks as he started eating.

Jimin was happy to see his friend happy. He started to eat his food as she looked out the window. "Do you think Nam and Jeon will find them before our tracking magic disappears?" They were on their last bit of tracking magic, so if they didn't get any way to track them, they were gonna be in trouble. Especially with the two culprits following them.

"Hopefully or else we'll never know when they leave."

"They'll most likely leave the next day, so we'll just leave tomorrow too and hope we're still following them."

"Yeah, I wonder how Eric's and Jungkook's search is going, anyway."

Jimin wondered too. Hopefully, they were doing okay, except Eric and Jungkook weren't doing okay. The last of the tracking magic just disappeared on them, so they were searching the town blind, in hopes to find any signs of them. It was getting dark and they still found no signs of the four.

Eric groaned. "We'll never find them. Why did the magic have to die in a town that had so many people?" The two decided to take a break and sat at the fountain as they ate bread. The bread wasn't as good as Yoongi's, but they needed something to eat.

"And rude people at that."

"Yeah, it these people are too blind to see that Taehyung is here to help and not eat any of them."

Jungkook looked around the area and for a second, he thought he saw bleach blonde hair. He only knew one person other than Taehyung who had bleach blonde hair and followed it.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"I think I found them. Come on." The two made their way to the alleyway Jungkook thought he saw the person. There was no one in the alleyway except for a gray cat, sitting atop a dumpster. The ally was a long straight line, so he doubts they couldn've disappeared unless they ran. "I think they saw us and ran, let's chase after them."

The two ran off and once the close was clear, Hyejin and Wheein gasped out for air as they popped their heads out of the dumpster. "Holy moly, I wish I didn't have a keen sense of smell."

"I can't believe a cat, almost got us caught." Hyejin glared at the cat who was cleaning itself. "How's your shoulder?"

"It's fine." Wheein sighed. When she saw the cat, she wanted to pet it but was immediately attacked. The cat started scratching her, making her hood fall as she took a few steps and if it wasn't for Hyejin's quick thinking when she noticed two of the kingdom's guards, they for sure would've gotten caught or be on a chase if they kept running.

"I think we should go back now before they come back and check the dumpster."

"Yeah."

-----------------------

"So... " Byulyi started to say as she cooked the rabbit she and Solar hunted. "How was your little town exploring?"

Hyejin and Wheein were both covered in garbage and definitely smelled like it. Wheein had minor scratches over her face. The younger woman of the two went to remove the banana peel off her werewolf friend's shoulder. "It was going well until a cat decided to sharpen its claws on Wheein here."

"And almost got us caught."

"You guys know we don't have to worry too much about getting arrested from them, right?" Yongsun asked. The guards know they aren't the real culprits, so they don't have to hide from them anymore.

Though Hyejin didn't seem to agree as the witch raised an eyebrow. "I don't know that. And even if that was true, I rather not want to risk it either."

"They are right, Solar," Byulyi added. "We don't know if they're really on our side, so it's better to be safe than sorry."

Yongsun sighed. She can understand their doubt, but wished the two groups could see each other as no threat and maybe even work together to catch the real culprits. However, that was only an idea. "I think we should get some rest now. We have to wake up early."

The other three agreed and got ready for sleep. Hyejin and Wheein laid next to each other like they usually. Yongsun laid across from them and Byulyi went to lay near a tree to keep watch. The vampire didn't like being awake as it left her with her thoughts but didn't want any of her human friend's becoming restless when she didn't need any sleep.

Yongsun was tossing and turning in her sleep. The chance for her to finally see her sister again, keeping her awake. After a while of sleep denying her, she got up from where she laid and walked up to the vampire. 

"Difficulty sleeping?" Byulyi asked. The older woman nodded and Byulyi smirked as she patted on the ground next to her. Yongsun sat next to the vampire and the two said nothing for a while. "So... you really think this Yonghee person is your sister?"

"As much as I want to hope she is, I also don't want to keep my hopes up if she isn't." She wrapped her arms around her legs. "Though the thought of meeting her after thinking she was dead for so long, excites me."

"What would you do if the woman is your sister?"

"I-... I don't know." She was so excited to see her sister, that she forgot what she would do if they were to reunite. What would she do if she saw her sister? Catch up? How would her sister even react, knowing she was a wanted fugitive to the kingdom? Well, whatever was to happen tomorrow, she knew that they would have to depart again. She took a deep sigh and leaned her head against Byulyi's shoulder. 

The vampire was blushing furiously from the contact. "A-are you gonna sleep like that?"

"I am. Do you mind?"

"No. Of course not. It's just what if I need to use the restroom?"

"If you do need to use the restroom, you can just lift me off. I'm a heavy sleeper, so I won't wake up if you move me, unless you slam me down."

"I'll keep that in mind."

Yongsun closed her eyes, finding sleep come a lot easier now that she was next to Byulyi. "I'm glad to have met you." Was the last thing the ex guard said before she fell into dreamland. Byulyi was glad Yongsun was asleep now, cause her face was bright red, that it was seeable in the dark.

She sighed as she leaned her head against the older woman's. She could really get used to this.

---------------------

Jungkook and Eric entered the bar where they were staying for the night. Tired from their search, after finding no signs of the four.

"Do you think they decided to stay in their rooms all day?" Eric asked as he sadly took a swig of his beer.

Jungkook set his water down. "That would be bad if they did, but I swear I saw the werewolf at the fountain."

"If you saw them, maybe they saw you too and hid."

"Where would they have hid? The dumpster?" The two looked at each other and then it clicked for them as they both groaned. "Why didn't one of us check the dumpster?"

"I didn't think they would go in there."

Jungkook sighed. "Neither did I and now our one and only chance to at least get some sample from them is gone. Now how are we going to track them?"

Both Eric and Jungkook sighed in defeat. What the two didn't know was that the person sitting not too far from them was the shapeshifter who heard their entire conversation.

---------------------

The next day, team Mamamoo all hid around the entrance of the town. Wheein and Hyejin in the bushes, while Byulyi and Yongsun hid in the trees. A lot of time has passed and there were no sightings of any carriage. Yongsun was starting to lose hope and give up, but suddenly the sound of horses grabbed their attention. They all looked to find a cart and the ex guard knew this possibly had to be Yonghee since the young man she bumped into was waiting at the front gate.

The carriage came to a full stop at the entrance and this was the moment they all waited for. The cart door opened and as soon as the person stepped out, Yongsun became speechless. It had been nineteen years since they last saw each other, but she could still tell that that woman is her sister, Yonghee. "It's her." She said with a bright smile on her face. She looked at Byulyi beside her and was curious why the vampire had a surprised expression on her face. "Byulyi, what is it?"

After a few seconds of silence, the vampire spoke. "That's the woman who helped me tie my tie at the kingdom's city."

"What?"

 


------------------------


:O oh wow, things are starting to spice up. I originally planned something else entirely and then after almost finishing it, I scraped it. So I apologize for the wait. Though I should apologize for how long you guys are gonna have to wait for this chapter, cause I'm gonna be gone for awhile. A few months you could say, so I'm sorry this ends on a bit of a cliffhanger 😅 I'll make it up to you guys after I come back I promise.

Hope you guys are all doing okay and are being safe!