Chapter 1: Big Shot Pub

Clearing Our Names

The sun shines bright as it reflected its light onto the armor of a castle guard as she hacked away at a training dummy. Sweat dripping across her face from the heat of the sun, but she promised herself a couple more swings until she considered herself done for the day. However, someone had other ideas as she heard footsteps coming from behind her, so she quickly turned around into a fighting stance ready to fight the person who interrupted her swinging routine.

"Woah, it's just me." The intruder spoke as he raised his hands in the air.

Realizing who the person was, Yongsun sighed heavily and placed her sword in its sheath on her right side. "I told you multiple times to not go behind me when I'm training Eric."

"Sorry, but boss Joon wanted me to assign you the new guy."

Yongsun raised an eyebrow. "And who would the new guy be?"

"That would be me, ma'am."

Eric and Yongsun turned to the tall figure behind Eric. The new recruit stood at what seemed to be 5'10 which made him taller than both Eric and Yongsun but had a boyish face that made him look innocent and his black hair parted on the right side of his head.

Yongsun extended her hand for the new guy to take. "Kim Yongsun, but you either call me ma'am or Solar."

The recruit shook the hand extended to him. "Jeon Jeongguk, but you can call me Jungkook."

"So Namjoon must think you have a lot of talent if he sent you to me."

"Well I was the first in my platoon, but I'm confused as to why you're training me and not him." Jungkook realized what he just said and started to panic. "Not that I think y-you're bad at teaching or anything. I was just told to train with the highly trained and I thought Namjoon would train me since he's the captain and all. Sorry, I'm rambling, I'll shut up now."

Yongsun let out a small laugh to get the man to know she wasn't insulted by his assumption. "Well, I was also first in my platoon, but because I'm a woman and not a man, they decided, second best was good enough for me."

"O-oh, I'm sorry." Jungkook looked down in order to not meet Solar's gaze.

"Don't be, you didn't know."

There was then the silence that took over, which gave off an uncomfortable atmosphere between the two. Eric was feeling awkward with the silence and decided to break it himself.

"Hey, we should celebrate."

Yongsun looked at Eric."You know I can't drink."

"I know, but the new guy could probably keep up," Eric said as he pulled Jungkook in a side hug and patted his chest. "And we all need to celebrate with him getting to train with of the best guard I know. What do you think newbie?"

"Uh... okay, but can we bring Namjoon?"

"Bring the boss? How come you know him?"

"Yeah, he's a friend of mine who got me to become a guard in the first place."

"Then, of course, he can, if he isn't busy that is." If Eric knew anyone who could compete against Yongsun on being a workaholic, it would be Namjoon. "I'll even bring Jungho so you know someone the same rank as you. And just so you know how I know him, he's my guy to train." Eric then let go of his hold on Jungkook and started to walk away. "That reminds me, I have to check upon him. I'll see you two and maybe even Captain Namjoon at the Big Shot Pub at dawn. Sound good?"

"Sounds good sir," Jungkook responded.

"Good." Eric started to back away from the two. "Solar be gentle with the new guy, won't you? We don't want him to quit like the last one."

Yongsun waved him off. "He'll stay if he's mentally as strong as he is physical."

Eric only shook his head feeling sorry for Jungkook already and disappeared. Jungkook gulped, wondering what's in store for him.

Once Eric was gone, Yongsun quickly turned her gaze to the tall rookie in front of her. "Okay newbie." Jungkook jumped a little from being startled and gave Yongsun his full attention."Show me what you at least got, so I know where to train you on.

"Yes, ma'am." Jungkook then got into a fighting stance.

Yongsun looked at his stance and got an idea to make the guy relax as he seemed tense. "You're footings off."

"Huh?" Jungkook looked down at his footing. He thought it was correct.

Which it was, but he made a big mistake letting his guard down as Yongsun easily pulled on the back of his foot, causing him to fall back on his .

"It was right, but your guard down." She extended her hand for Jungkook to take which he did.

"Understood ma'am." He knew today was gonna be a long first day.

Yongsun sat at the bar next to her friends Eric and Namjoon, the new guy, Junkook, who was very bruised from his training, and the other rookie, Jungho, who seemed to have tagged along. He and Jungkook were getting along which made Yongsun happy to know that Jungkook at least had a friend.

While the four men drank, Yongsun stared inside her cup. She wasn't a good drinker as she couldn't even finish half a beer before she gets piss drunk and starts flirting with strangers. Turns out she was very flirty when drunk.

"C'mon Solar, you didn't even take one swig of your beer," Eric exclaimed.

"I told you I'm not a good drinker."

"Please Solar, I promise if I see you making out with someone, I'll be sure to pull you away and take you home."

Yongsun thought about it and sighed as she might as well drink if she's already here.

Yongsun sighed. "Fine." Yongsun then took a sip of her beer and immediately wanted to puke from the burning sensation of the liquid.

"Now that's what I'm talking about Kim!" Namjoon drunkenly said as he raised his beer. "Hey Jin, get us four more beers."

Yongsun already was feeling the side effects of the beer, but she tried her best to stay conscious. After a few minutes of sipping her drink, she shuddered as she felt a strange dark presence behind her and turned to find the source.

At the entrance of the tavern stood a man standing at about six feet, making him even taller than her captain who she thought was already giant compared to her. Most of the man's body was covered as he wore a long cloak, a black mask covering his mouth. On the left side of his face, was a scar that ran across his eye and becomes hidden behind his mask. The scarred eye was gray indicating his blindness, but his right eye was as blue as the ocean. His hair black as the shadow that metaphorically surrounded him and one lone long silver earing dangling on his left ear.

As he looked at her direction, she quickly turned to look at her drink. She felt fear, the type of fear she hasn't felt in such a long time, not since that incident. She shook her head trying to forget those screams of help and downed her entire drink, hoping it would make her forget. It didn't even matter if she woke up with a stranger in her bed the next morning, she just wanted to forget that horrible night.

Eric saw his friend down the cup, drinking more than she usually did. "Woah, Solar calm down there. Don't want to be blackout drunk too early." Eric said as he laughed.

However, Yongsun wasn't laughing which got Eric a little worried. Something was off for Yongsun to drink that much, so he looked around and saw a strange man walking towards them. He didn't know if Solar knew him, but he got a bad vibe from him. Eric readied his sword and Namjoon, Jungkook, and Jungho noticed Eric's behavior. They all turned towards Eric's direction and saw the same strange figure walk to them. As the man stopped right in front of them, he stared at all five of the guards before pointing to Jungho.

"We need to talk Jungho."

Jungho looked at the others worried, then looked back at the strange man. "Can't you wait till I get back home to do this?"

"No. Now." The man seemed persistent to talk to Jungho.

"Enzo please."

"No. Everyone is staring."

Jungho looked around to see that everyone in the bar was staring at them. He sighed as there was no way he'd be able to escape now. "Fine." He then stood up and paid his drinks before leaving with the suspicious man named Enzo.

Once they left, everyone went back to what they were doing as nothing happened, but the three guards looked at each other. They were confused at what they just witnessed and only snapped out of it when Solar slammed her second cup of beer onto the counter.

"WooOOooo this iisss goOOOoood. NooOotthher Ooonnne pleEEeeaase."

Eric slammed the top of his forehead with his palm, knowing Solar was very drunk now. Maybe it's for the best. That guy gave a bad vibe and he knows when someone has a good vibe or a bad one. He needs to get drunk.

"Jin, another beer here!"
 



"Hey! Get back here you punk!" A woman yelled out as her and two other people chased after a thief.

The thief being none other than a vampire by the name of, Moon Byulyi. The vampire cursed under her breath as she didn't expect the person she was stealing from to have friends.

She ran a sharp left and found a moving apple cart where she could both hide in for the time being and get to a new place to get away from the people chasing her. She immediately jumped into the cart, but her sudden movement caused the cart to stop. She cursed even more as she could hear the footsteps coming near her.

"Where the hell did that thief go? I swore she ran this way!" One woman yelled.

"Calm down Yoohyeon she can't be too far." The other said.

"I'll make that dirty thief regret she stole from me. She's probably inside that cart?" The girl named, Yoohyeon, said making Byul gulp.

Byul anticipated to feel the hands of death, but nothing came as the sound of a slap was heard instead.

"So you're the one causing a ruckus on my cart huh?"

"What no. There must be someone inside, so let me check."

"Ha!" The man laughed sarcastically. "Like I never heard that before. Keep your crummy hands away from my fruits." He then walked back on the front seat of his cart and made his horse lead the cart forward.

She internally laughed as she heard one of the women cursed. She wanted to see the look on their faces but didn't want to risk it. She decided that this was a good time to just relax, so she took an apple and ate it before went to sleep.

She woke up as the cart halted to a stop and peeked out. It was dark and the place she was in seemed new, so it seemed like a good place to stay for the time being and loot unsuspecting people until she was chased out again.

She jumped right out and immediately heard the man she was riding with, scream in fear. "The hell!?!"

Byul grabbed a few coins from the pitch she just stole and flung it to the man. "Thanks for the ride and food, old man. Keep the tip." She then dashed off, leaving the man startled and confused.

As it was dark, she knew she needed to find a place to stay for the night, so she walked to find the nearest tavern. It took her about five minutes until she found one and looked up at the sign which caused her to smirk.

"Big Shot Pub huh?" She then went to open the door which had a very warm and inviting atmosphere.
 



Hyejin stretched as she slowly walked behind her excited best friend who was happily skipping.
Her feet killing her from all the thirteen hours of walking they did and even when they stopped for breaks, Hyejin's feet would become sore again. Wheein did offer to carry her on her back in her animal werewolf form, but Hyejin declined as she always felt bad when Wheein had to do all the walking for them, so she told herself to endure it a little longer.

Luckily for her, they weren't too far from their next destination which was a kingdom. They both hoped the kingdom would be much friendlier than the other villages and towns they stayed at before. The reason for them being driven out of their old homes was always because of Wheein being a werewolf and her being a witch, but it wasn't like they were causing trouble. Hyejin healing Wheein with potions and a spell or Wheein forcefully transforming because of a full moon, caused the town folk to become unnecessarily paranoid and drive them out. This place, however, will be different, she just knows it.

"Hey, Hyejin we're close, I can smell bread!" Wheein yelled happily, causing the black-haired women behind her laugh. How could someone hate a sweet person like Wheein, that girl literally couldn't hurt a fly.

It was dusk when they finally reached the kingdom and the first thing they did was enter the bakery that was making Wheein drool as Hyejin needed to buy some bread in case they were chased out again. As they entered the bakery, the bell hanging on top of the door rang and a blonde-haired man with puffy cheeks appeared, greeting them with his gummy smile. Wheein didn't know why, but she felt a cat-like vibe on him and wondered if he was a werecat, but she didn't want to believe it as werecats are hard to find.

"Hi, welcome to Yoongi's Bakery where our baked goods are hot and fresh. My name's Yoongi. What can I get you for today?"

Hyejin held up two fingers. "Can I have two bread loaves please?"

"Sure. Coming right up." Yoongi then disappeared into the back room leaving Wheein and Hyejin alone.

As they waited for the man's return, they decided to look around inside. As they did, something seemed to have caught Wheein's eye. Hyejin noticed when her friend didn't follow her to the cupcakes, so she followed her friend's eyes to see her staring at chocolate chips.

"Wheein, no."

"But I'm not a dog, I'm a werewolf and human."

"There still are some humans who can't eat chocolate. We can't risk you getting sick since we don't have enough coins to pay for it."

Wheein pouted knowing Hyejin was right and slumped as she slowly walked to the witch.

Hyejin sighed. She hated seeing Wheein pout and a compromise came to mind. "I know you can't eat chocolate, but how about you get a different kind of cookie, like sugar. Will that do?"

Wheein thought about it and quickly perked up nodding her head furiously. Sure it wasn't chocolate chip cookie, but a cookie is a cookie and she happily grabbed the sugar cookie. Hyejin smiled seeing her Wheepup smiling again.

Soon enough, the baker returned with two steaming fresh bread and put them inside a pouch. "Will that be all?" He said with a smile.

"We also have a sugar cookie," Hyejin answered.

"Okay, that will be five coins."

Hyejin nodded and paid the baker the five coins. She then grabbed the pouch, bid the man farewell and walked out with Wheein following close behind her, eating the cookie happily. When the two exited out of the building they were surprised to see that it had become dark and needed to find a place to sleep for the night or more. Hyejin saw a tavern next to the Bakery named, Big Shot Pub.

She looked at Wheein as she pointed to the building. "How about we look for a place to rest here?"

Wheein nodded her head in agreement. She wanted to sleep in a comfy bed for a change as she was starting to get tired from all the walking which usually doesn't happen. The two walked up to the door and entered into the warm, inviting atmosphere.

Wheein couldn't believe her eyes as she looked inside. The bar was as lively as most are, with its usual amount of drunk, but this time she didn't feel as uncomfortable as she usually is. She then followed Hyejin as the witch walked towards the bartender.

As they reached the bar, Hyejin started speaking to the man behind the bar, so Wheein decided to take this time to look around more. Maybe get a glimpse of the types of people who might live here.

She looked to her left and saw about four guards that sat near them drinking and laughing. Three of the guards seemed to be cheering the other guard, a female with short black hair, as she was flirting with another female with long brown hair and Wheein couldn't help but smile.

"That female guard is lucky to have good friends like them." Wheein thought to herself.

"Wheein I have the key, let's go and sleep now."

Wheein jumped from Hyejin's sudden comment and realized that she was staring too long at the five people. She followed Hyejin to their room and told herself to look more at the tavern when she has the chance, but right now she needed to sleep.
 



"Please, just give me one more week," Jungho begged.

He had a few bruises after he was beaten up with his armor broken and shattered on the ground. The shadow-like man, Enzo, walked up to him slowly, dropping the broken shoulder plate.

"I gave you enough chances. I want my money now."

"I-if you l-let me go, I-I'll g-give you something m-more than just f-five hundred coins."

"And what would that be?" Enzo said. Intrigued by what Jungho had to offer him.

"I-I'm a r-royal guard so I can g-give you access to the k-king's safe."

Enzo then grabbed him by the collar of his shirt lifting him four inches off the ground.

"H-he won't know a thousand coins missing and I'll pay more than what I even owe." Jungho quickly said.

Enzo pulled him closer to his face. "Can you promise me that?"

"Y-yes! Please let me live!" Jungho cried out.

Enzo shoved the guard away and started to walk away. "Don't disappoint me." And with that, he disappeared into the night.

The sound and sight of people coming into Jungho's view again as they walked passed the alley. Jungho looked at himself and saw his armor now on him in one piece, but the bruises remained, making him know that what he experienced was real. He then realized what he just said to Enzo and pondered what he just agreed to do.

 

 

 


 

If you didn't know, Enzo and Jungho are oc characters as I didn't want any idols to be the main villain in this story and other reasons for Jungho. Except, you might question later in my story why I made a group the way they are and I promise you they aren't technically bad, they're just doing their jobs.

If you guys know my other fic, I promise you that I'm still writing it and haven't given up on it. I just felt like making this one, so don't worry. I'll finish that one soon. Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying your quarantine and hope you all are safe. I'll see you guys in the next chapter.