The Magic

Lead Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The maknae team hit the stage first. Minhyuk performed a beat that he composed with the help of Hyerim while she danced a number that was choreographed almost by herself, since the drummer had limited knowledge in that department. It was energetic and exciting. Suddenly, Minhyuk stopped playing and lights shut off for about five seconds; when they came back on, they shocked everyone in the studio by trading places. Hyerim was now seated behind the drums and played a simpler beat and Minhyuk took over the remaining part of her dance. It was definitely different, but it was very much enjoyed. They definitely started the show off with a bang.

Jonghyun and Yoobin were up next. They performed a cover of his labelmate Oh Wonbin and Miryo's "I Love You and I Love You" and a rearranged version of Yoobin and Sohee's duet "SuperB." Sohee was pleased with Jonghyun's variation and liked how he took over her part. The audience was very impressed.

Yeeun and Jungshin followed. They performed Colbie Caillat's "Brighter than the Sun," with Yeeun on guitar and Jungshin adding some rap verses inbetween as he accompanied her. Everyone loved their rendition of this bubbly summer hit. They appreciated how Jungshin was able to make it bass-heavy and were blown away by Yeeun's guitar skills, seeing as she's still a beginner.

Last but not least was the couple the Wonder Girls and CNBLUE were anticipating the most. The stage opened with complete darkness. Suddenly, the sole sound of Sunye's vocals began to fill the room:

I saw you many times before
But I always let you slip away
I told myself I'll try again
But "again" was just another day

Yeeun was surprised she didn't perform "The DJ is Mine," but she wasn't angry. The words were unfamiliar; no one knew which song she was singing. A spotlight then hit her, being the only source of light in the room. She shone brightly.
Another spotlight appeared to expose Yonghwa, who was standing a few feet away. He jumped in with his part:

I never thought this day would come
The wait seemed like forever
The magic moment where you and I
Would finally be together

She joined him for the chorus, his raw voice and her gentle tone harmonizing perfectly together:

You are the object of my affection
The apple of my eye
I never knew true happiness
Till the day I

Please log in to read the full chapter