The Confession

Lead Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Can I ask you something, Sunye-ssi?" Yonghwa said as they walked into the empty dressing room.

"I think you just did," she laughed.

"Ah, good one," he said as he gently patted her hand. "I'm serious though. I'm curious about Yeeun-ssi. I hope I'm not taking this the wrong way, but I don't think she likes me. Or the idea of us working together." 

Sunye stiffened. "Well, it's nothing personal. I mean, this could've happened if we were performing with... UKISS. Or any other group. Yeeun-ah is just very protective of us all. Even Yoobin unnie, and she's younger than her."

"But she's not freaked out about Minhyuk, Jonghyun, or Jungshin. Just me. She's been trying to separate us all morning."

The Wonder Girl was at a standstill. Was she going to protect one of her best friends and lie to him, or was she going to betray her and spill everything to the guy she was infatuated with?
"Well, I think she's just intimidated. She assumes that you have... well, questionable intentions." She bit her lip.

"And my bandmates don't? Sunye, why am I so evil in her eyes?"

She straightened up. "Listen, just ignore her. The reason why she's so paranoid about you is because the most protective of me. That's all."

"Well, I want you to know that there's nothing for you two to worry about. I'm a good guy. I wouldn't hurt anyone. Especially a lady. In fact, I--" he quickly stopped himself. "So, what are we going to sing?" He asked in hopes that Sunye would ignore his previous statement.

"Wait, what were you going to say?"

"Ooh, actually we can perform one of my newest compositions. I've been itching to debut it."

Her heart pounded. "Yonghwa, what were you going to tell me? Right after we spoke about Yeeun?"

"We can start with darkness as you open, then a spotlight can hit you," he said, trying to ignore her. "It will just be your voice and no instruments or recording.

"That's good. Oh, or maybe you can tell me what you were going to say! Jung Yonghwa, what's going on?"

"Then I'll strum on my guitar and join you."

"YONGHWA!" she yelled. "TELL

Please log in to read the full chapter