Slowly and Surely

Letting Nature Take Its Course

3rd FILMING

The two adult maknaes had been sent out to do grocery shopping for dinner the next day when the kids came, and being in a mountaineous area meant that the nearest mart was about 45 minutes away. They reached the mart run by an elderly couple which mostly served the elderly population that didn't know who the young couple was. Goof evening!  The polite duo greeted the owners as they walked in, What would the kids like to eat for dessert and their fruit? Ice cream, strawberries and plums? Sounds good!

How long have you two been married? You guys look quite young and you have kids already? The owner smiled as they checked out. No, we aren't a couple, we are filming a variety show in the pensions taking care of little kids...You guys look great though, such a waste, but you guys sure you aren't a couple, the way you interact is just like us when we were young! The two payed and bowed politely before returning back to the pension. Along the way back, Seunggi and Somin were talking about how excited they were to meet the little kids again and the plans they had to build a swing and have a movie night tonight. Just then, the car rumbled and came to a slow stop. What's wrong with the car? Ohhh, it ran out of fuel, I thought it was full on our way here? They got down the car and realised that the fuel had been leaking and thus led them to run out of fuel so quickly. Should we call oppa and unnie for help? The staff said that there was a gas station 30 minutes from where you are but it should be closed already as the elderly owners sleep early...I guess you have to either wait till the station opens tomorrow morning or till the staff drive past you tomorrow morning or make the walk back to the pension together with the groceries...(the 4 were here in the pension alone without the filming team).

Looking at all the food that they bought, the two realised it was impossible to lug all of it down the dark mountaineous road for an hour and there was no way Seunggi was going to leave Somin with the car while he went to search for help. I guess we'll have to spend the night in the car? Yeah, I think we have some blankets and I can put down the seats to make a bed for you, I'll sleep in the 1st row. Oh no, it will be too uncomfortable for you, I believe the back is big enough for the two of us, we can share!  Seunggi ultimately fell for Somin's doe-eyed insistence and settled next to her, locking the doors and ensuring that no one would be able to open the trunk as well. The close proximity made the two a little shy, remembering the time they hugged in the pension and the little (friendly) pecks they shared. Oppa, do you think we will make it home tomorrow? What if the staff don't come on time? It'll be fine, don't worry and go to sleep, I'll wake you up tomorrow morning. Goodnight oppa. Somin snuggled under the blanket and closed her eyes, with the body facing Seunggi. Seunggi immediately went into protection mode, staring both at Somin and the doors. Soon, Somin was in deep sleep and feeling cold, she instinctively snuggled closer to Seunggi, and Seunggi unknowingly hugged her in his sleep as well, the two feeling comfortable and safe in each other's arms. 

Seunggi woke up to the sun shining and saw that Somin was still sleeping soundly in his arms and smiled, how he wished she was his and they could do this daily. Good morning sunshine, time to wake up, the staff will be here soon! Somin stirred and looked up, her eyes locking with Seunggi's and their lips inches apart. Seunggi took the chance and gave her a morning peck before getting up and preparing for the staff to come with their fuel. Somin shyly got up and also began clearing their blankets and reset the seats. They got back to the pension safely and happily greeted the kids afterwards.

Narae had suggested that the bring the kids to the traditional market today to have fun and Seunggi was taking Yoojin, Yejun, Grace while Seojin took Yihan, Brooke and Gaon. Somin imo, come with us! I want Somin imo too! Yoojin was whining for Somin and Grace took the chance to grab her as well to their car, leaving Narae with Seojin. The two cars set off happily to the market, with Seunggi and Somin smiling widely. When they got to the market, they decided to split ways with the younger ones who were tasked to buy traditional snacks for the parents as gifts. After walking and browsing the market, the kids started getting tired and wanted to be carried, so Somin naturally carried Yoojin while Seunggi carried Yejun with the energetic Grace holding both their free hands as they walked into the restaurant for lunch, looking eveything like a cute little family. 

When they reached the restaurant, Somin busily split the food for the kids and fed the two girls while Seunggi fed Yejun. Since Yejun was okay with eating by himself, Seunggi tucked in into his food, not realising that Yoojin and Grace were a little fussy that afternoon with their food. Be good, just 10 mouthfulls and you can play okay? Imo...I don't want to...what about 5? No, at least 10...Somin looked to Seunggi for help but he was eating like he was starving for days, and decided to just settle it herself. Seunggi had finished his food and finally looked up to see Somin playing with the girls that finished their 10 mouthfulls but her share barely touched. Somin ah, I can play with them, eat your food. No, I want imo to play with us! Yoojin settled on Somin's lap and refused to budge, Somin had no choice but to eat with Yoojin on her lap, careful not to spill on her. 

On the way home, the kids were knocked out and Somin had taken the wheel as Seunggi had been driving all the time and she felt bad and wanted to give him a break. As they drove, Somin's stomach rumbled and Seunggi realised that she must have eaten only a little of her lunch while entertaining Yoojin. Here, I bought some bread at the market, have some!  Seunggi fed Somin the red bean bread he had bought earlier, and even wiped off the crumbs on as she drove. Back home, the adults were busy wrapping the presents for the kids' parents while the kids took a nap, with Seunggi and Somin in their own world again, playing with each other and feeding each other snacks. Filming had once again come to an end and they said their goodbyes before Seunggi and Somin went for their routine coffee run before he sent her home. 

As Seunggi dropped Somin home, he felt something tugging at his heart as he turned to leave but thought nothing of it as he drove away. Somin entered her quiet house, her parents must be at her brother's taking care of Yeolmu again, and went into her room. She had finished her shower and wanted to go downstairs to watch some tv when she heard noises downstairs...Aren't mum and dad at oppa's house? They texted and said they would be back tomorrow evening...She heard the footsteps of an unfamiliar figure and immediately thought to see who was downstairs with the baby camera they installed for Yeolmu in the dark living room. A big black burly figure was creeping around the first floor and Somin saw him going down to the basement...afraid, she dialled the first person that came to her mind.