Filming

Letting Nature Take Its Course

Seunggi left early in the morning as his manager came to pick him up for an early schedule. Seunggi didn't want to wake a sleeping Somin at 7am and decided to leave a note for her, hoping it won't make him seem like a jerk for not saying goodbye. And like that, the relationship started blooming.

Throughout the month, Seunggi and Somin did their best to prepare: Seunggi learn carpentry while Somin learned yoga and exercises for children, and of course both studied hard for their licenses. Hey, wanna meet up to study for the final test together? Sure, you wanna come over to my house, my parents and brother's family are overseas for a trip and I'm bored alone. Okay, I'll see you at 1pm, with food of course! Within this 1 month, Seunggi and Somin had met at least weekly to study together both alone and with the two older castmates, and they were more comfortable with each other already. 

Seunggi turned up exactly at 1pm at Somin's doorstep with his hands full of food and his backpack filled with notes, preening himself before pressing the doorbell. Somin ran up to the foyer to grab food from his hands as he made he slipped on his pair of slippers (he decided to buy one and leave it here given that they always held their study sessions here) before entering the living room. When are they coming back? In about 2 weeks, they left for US to meet with Yeolmu's maternal grandparents. Oh, you must be bored to death alone in this big house! Nah, I'm used to it already.

They started their usual study session with continued silence until Seunggi's stomach rumbled at around 6pm, breaking their concentration. Guess its time to feast! Somin made her way into the kitchen to bring out the food while Seunggi took out utensils, he knew the kitchen like the back of his hand by now. They put away their books and decided to enjoy their food for the next 2 hours, allowing the relationship to progress one step further. Do you have a boyfriend? Nope, what about you? Looking for one now, hoping I find her soon. As Somin was washing the dishes after dinner when she dropped one on the floor, bending down to pick up the shards, she accidentally cut herself by stepping on one of the largest shards. Upon hearing Somin's exclamation, Seunggi rushed in and grabbed her finger, why were you so careless, you could have called for me to pick it up for you!  Seunggi scrutinised Somin's foot and grimaced at the cut. He placed her hand over his shoulder and lifted her into the living room, Stay here while I clean up your wound and clear up the floor, don't move an inch! 

Somin quietly sat on the sofa as Seunggi dressed her wound like she was a precious glass doll, to be honest, she felt butterflies as she saw how Seunggi was being so attentive and delicate. Seunggi was fighting back the urge to give Somin a hug and scold her for not taking better care of herself, in his eyes, if she permitted, she would be the precious jewel in his eye, they only knew each other for 1 month, but Seunggi knew he was in love. Her smile, her love for her family, her hardworking nature and caring personality was perfect in his eyes, but he didn't know how she felt about him yet. If only he knew that Somin was slowly falling for him too, his attentiveness, charisma and intelligence. It would take the forest for them to actually confirm their feelings.

D-DAY of Little Forest

Seojin went around picking up his little ducklings to head to their filming site up in the mountains, wanting to reach their hours earlier to prepare for the little kids. When Seojin arrived at Seunggi's house, he was ready to sit up in front until he realised that Narae was already there and he had to sit at the back, which meant Somin was going to sit with him for the journey. Somin was picked up last and naturally took her seat in the back next to Seunggi, How's your leg doing? It's all healed already! The whole journey, the two were in their own world, as the two older castmates looked on with smiles. 

During the break, Seunggi found Somin playing with Grace, Brooke and Yoojin in the room while the boys were having a snack outside with Narae. The three little girls were already comfortable with Somin and were showering her with hugs and kisses, reminding Seunggi once again of the angel he is now in love with.Seunggi samchon, play with us too! Brooke dragged Seunggi into the room and made him sit next to Somin as they played pretend. The 5 of them spent their whole break playing house and it seemed like they were meant to meet through the show and form lifelong bonds with one another. 

When in was time for bed, Seunggi and Somin had managed to put the kids to sleep before meeting with the other 2 to discuss the day ahead, and eventually ending the day with tired bodies. The 2 days had past quickly and it was soon time to go home,  Somin ah, you wanna grab some coffee and dessert on the way home? Sure, I know somewhere nice! You two go ahead, Seojin oppa and I have to rush back for another filming, see you guys next week! Just like that, Seunggi and Somin were alone again, thanks to the two older ones. 

You are a natural with kids, I must say! Oppa, you aren't bad youself as well, Yihan and Yihyun loved you too! The conversation continued into the night and Seunggi sent Somin home at around midnight. Goodnight oppa! See you next week! Seunggi turned around to leave but not before calling Somin and giving her a peck on the cheek, leaving her shocked as he cheekily drove away. That night, the two went to bed with sweet dreams again.

 

2nd FILIMING 

As usual, the adults arrived earlier to prepare, and this time, Seunggi and Somin were busy in the house cleaning up before the kids arrived. Somin started by clearing up the toys and blankets while Seunggi made sure all the electrical appliances were safe. Seunggi was in the bedroom checking the fan when Somin walked in, not noticing the tissue paper on the floor, and surely, Somin fell prey to the slippery floor and tripped, landing in the hands of Seunggi that managed to catch her to break her fall, both of them landing on the bed and Seunggi still hugging Somin tightly in case she got injured. Oppa! Are you okay! I'm fine, are you hurt anywhere? Somin looked up at Seunggi who broke the fall for her and met his anxious eyes, time seemed to stop as they stared into each others' eyes. That was it, they are officially in love.

Filming continued with a new addition, and soon it was time to go for an outing to the lake. Seunggi and Somin were in the car with the girls, having a great time driving to the nearby lake to have fun, they looked like a happy family and Seunggi wished that in the future, he and Somin would have a similar outing like this. When Yoojin fell into the water, Seunggi was about to grab her when Somin quickly fished Yoojin out of the water and carried her away to clam her down. Concerned, Seunggi followed the two of them to the benches where Somin was cuddling Yoojin and making sure she was fine with the safety officers in charge, even after the officer left, Somin was still protectively hugging Yoojin, who seemed fine by then. 

Oppa, I feel so sorry to Yoojin and her mother, I called her mother to apologise just now and even though she was totally fine with it, I could have prevented it from happening if I was a bit more attentive... Stop blaming yourself, its not your fault, it was an accident and if not for your quick action, something worse may have happened! Seunggi was comforting Somin as she strapped the sleeping Yoojin into her car seat, putting his hand on hers. Along the drive home, he kept looking at the rear mirror, Somin was constantly looking at the sleeping kids and making sure they were comfortable, Seunggi just smiled at himself. Seunggi unstrapped the sleeping girls and carefully carried them into the room with Somin trailing behind with their stuff, Seojin and Narae decided to let the kids take an afternoon nap with the two younger adults (they had expanded a lot of energy entertaining the kids) as they prepped for dinner. 

When Narae went in the house to wake the sleeping kids, she almost squealed: Seunggi and Somin on both ends, holding the hands of the kids and sleeping soundly, just like a newlywed couple. After dinner and some playtime, it was bed time again, and the kids fell asleep immediately, allowing the adults to end early as well. The two older castmates decided to go to sleep while the two younger ones were still energised from their afternoon nap decided to go for a walk in the forest. 

Oppa, I think we should head back now, its getting dark...Yeah, let's go back before it gets too dark. Rustle...rustle....Oppa, what was that? Seunggi instinctively put a protective hand on Somin and stood in front of her. As the sound got closer, Seunggi grabbed Somin's hand and they ran as fast as they can towards the house, panting when they reached safely. Seunggi was still holding onto Somin's hand and awkwardly let go when the staff came up to them. Good night oppa, sweet dreams! You too, see you tomorrow! Somin was on night duty tonight and went into the kids room while Seunggi retreated to the room he shared with Seojin.