The Beginning of it all

Letting Nature Take Its Course

Somin was busy in the kitchen preparing snacks and tea that her guests would like while talking about the show, while praying that Yeolmu wasn't giving Seunggi any problems while she was gone. She heard the footsteps of Seunggi and the giggle of Yeolmu coming from the 2nd floor and was surprised to see the two interacting comfortably just after a short 30 minutes and smiled unknowingly, melting the heart of a certain someone staring not so obviously at her.

Seunggi was playing with Yeolmu as he carried him down the stairs to Somin and paused when he saw how Somin was so focused on making tea and plating desserts, he tried hard not to stare and his heart fluttered when he saw Somin let out a tiny smile, hoping Somin didn't catch that. Little Yeolmu was not even one year old but doing so well at being cupid. Just then, a staff came down to inform them that Seojin and Narae would be arriving in 10 minutes and Somin had to welcome them at the door, making Somin a little flustered. Seunggi had volunteered to carry Yeolmu as Somin finished preparing and the three of them waited at the foyer for Seojin to arrive. 

"I thought you guys were a celebrity family," Seojin commented as he walked in, making the two youngsters blush ever so slightly. Seojin was handed a tray of goodies and Seunggi led him upstairs as Somin waited for Narae. "It feels weird to see you hold a baby," Seojin commented as they walked up the stairs, "Well, Somin looked like she was struggling, so I gave her a hand, plus, this little dude is to cute," Seunggi stared lovingly at Yeolmu as he led Seojin upstairs, like he was already used to her house.

Soon after, the two guys were sitting on the rooftop, with Seunggi being extremely careful not to wake the sleeping Yeolmu and Seojin softly nagging at him to carry the tiny creature properly and cover him with the blanket, just like an older brother nagging at his younger brother that just became a new father. Narae and Somin soon came up with the remainder of the snacks and Somin was glad to see that Yeolmu was fast asleep in Seunggi's arms and did not need to go through the process of coaxing him to sleep. She wanted to take Yeolmu over from Seunggi and lay him to sleep in her room while they flimed but the moment Somin tried to move Yeolmu, he squirmed and showed no sign of wanting to be moved. "I'll carry him to the room for you and lay him down instead," Seunggi offered when he saw that Yeolmu was comfortable with him. 

The two left Seojin and Narae to talk while they went to put Yeolmu down, "The three of them look like a cute family, don't they?" Narae teased them the moment they were out of their sight, with Seojin breaking out into a smile. "You can just lie him down here, he won't wake up," Somin brought Seunggi into her room that he saw earlier own and Seunggi carefully lay Yeolmu down in his cot and stepped back to closely observe Somin's bedroom as she tucked Yeolmu in and gave him a goodnight kiss like she did everytime he slept in her room. Seunggi realised that Somin's bed had a few of Yeolmu's toys and also her own stuff toys, while her dressing table and both her makeup and a spare pack of diapers and baby wipes, she was really a loving and constentious aunt, making Seunggi's heart flutter again, his ideal type was one that loved children and had a caring personality. After turning on the sleep monitor, Somin turned off the lights and the two of them went back up to the rooftop.

The four started discussing about their child-rearing plans when fliming actually started and it was easy to see why the four of them were perfect. Seojin, the chef with a seemingly cold exterior but actually full of warmth, Narae, the fun but responsible older female figure, Seunggi, the childish adult that cared sincerely for children and Somin, the young but thoughtful older sister and motherly figure. The show was out to a great start, for both the adults and children. After 3 hours of discussion, the 4 decided to split and take the remaining 4 weeks to learn cooking and get their licenses, hoping to make the experience a memorable and worthy one. Seojin and Narae had left together, leaving Seunggi alone with Somin as he waited for his manager. "Hyung, are you reaching? You have a flat tyre and won't make it till 12?" Seunggi sighed and gave Somin a sorry look, the rest of the crew had already left and Seunggi was the only one in Somin's house, her parents were going to stay at the funeral for at least 2 nights and her brother would only make it back tomorrow night. 

"It's okay, I can wait with you in the living room, we can just take this time to research about the child psychology licenses we are planning to get," Somin took out her notebook and started surfing the net. Seunggi decided to just enjoy the time he had with his budding crush and not care about his late manager. It was 11pm and Somin was yawning as she stared at the computer, "Hey, if you are tired, I can wait for my manager at the nearby convenience store instead," Seunggi offered, but Somin opted to wash up and change into pyjamas and continue sitting with Seunggi, she did not want to chase Seunggi out of the house, she wanted to know more about him as well. 

Seunggi signed up for lessons on children psychology as he waited for Somin to wash up and when he heard the bathroom door open, he was in love. Somin came out bare-faced, looking just like she had makeup on, and in a oversized t-shirt and shorts, seemingly unaware of how weird it would be if someone walked in and saw them like that. She went back to her seat next to Seunggi and leaned towards him as she finished signing up for the course, indicating that she wanted to sign up too, not realising that she was in such close proximity with Seunggi, making his heart beat as he looked at her focused expression. When Seunggi was back to his senses, his handphone rang, "Sorry but there's no way to change my tyre as the shops around here close earlier than I thought and there's no repair shop nearby," Seunggi cursed under his breath at his unluckiness and just told his manager to not worry as he could just find a nearby hotel to sleep at until tomorrow. 

"You can just sleep here if you like, we have a guestroom available", Somin offered after hearing Seunggi's predicament, realising how weird it sounded after she said it. "Really? You don't mind? After all, you are alone at home, I don't want to be disrespectful..." As much as Seunggi wanted to stay and know Somin better, it was not right to do so yet. Somin nodded thoughtfully after some consideration and led Seunggi to the guestroom on the 1st floor and handed him a set of her brother's pyjamas, leaving Seunggi to get comfortable. 

That night, two people went to sleep with curious fluttering hearts and couldn't wait to wake up.