Hello, Nice to Meet You!

Letting Nature Take Its Course

Somin was anxiously preparing her house for the fliming of her first ever regular variety show since her debut and was excited to meet Seojin, Narae and Seunggi sunbae. "Somin ah, I have to go for a funeral tonight but there's no one to take care of Yeolmu, your brother and sister-in-law's flight has been cancelled and they can't make it in time to fetch Yeolmu tonight..." Somin's mother handed her beloved nephew to a shocked Somin as she prepared her bag to go out. "But the fliming crew is almost here, how am I going to put him to sleep with so many people around?" Somin loved her nephew but she wasn't sure if she could handle him and fliming all at once.

Just like that, it was just Somin, Yeolmu and Modu (her dog) alone waiting to welcome guests, with Somin having to carry Yeolmu on her back while preparing herself for fliming. Just as she changed into a comfortable sweatshirt and joggers with some light makeup, she heard the bark of Modu and the doorbell. She quickly carried Yeolmu out of the cot in her room and rushed to the main door, only to hear the voice of Seunggi. At the foyer, it was just Seunggi, Somin and Yeolmu awkwardly staring at each other, with Somin amazed at the fact that the sunbae that she adored was bending down to greet the shy Modu while Seunggi was (pleasantly) shocked to see the lady that he spent the night researching on right in front of his eyes, with a baby to add. 

This tiny creature is her baby? Since when was she married? Questions filled Seunggi's head as he saw the tiny Yeolmu so comfortably in Somin's hands, hoping that the girl he was kinda interested in wasn't already taken. "Thats Modu, and this is Yooan, my baby nephew, but we all call him Yeolmu still!" Somin got over her initial awkwardness and introduced her housemates to Seunggi, which broke out into a relieved smile after hearing that Yeolmu was her nephew and went forward to say hi to the doe-eyed little man. 

"Can I touch him? I sanitised my hands before getting down the car!" Seunggi reached out a gentle hand after Somin nodded, to which the tiny Yeolmu grabbed instantaneously. "I think he likes you a lot, he usually isn't that friendly with strangers," Somin was amazed that Yeolmu had taken a liking to Seunggi, the third guy that he had met after his father and grandfather. She gave Seunggi a simple tour of the house before bringing him up to the rooftop, where she realised she had yet to prepare desserts and tea for Seojin and Narae that were almost here as well. 

"Do you know how to carry a baby? Its really simple, just support his neck and bottom!" Seeing how clueless Seunggi was made Somin laugh a bit but there was no way she could finish preparing with Yeolmu on her back. Seunggi had no choice but to wash his hands and carefully take Yeolmu over from Somin, who left after placing a kiss on Yeolmu's forehead, which happened to allow Seunggi to see her side view up close and study the delicate features of the beautiful actress. Left alone with Yeolmu and the camera crew that was setting up, Seunggi decided to bring Yeolmu around the house, with Somin's permission of course, as the setting up would take at least 30 minutes and the crew was afraid that it would disturb the baby. Seunggi wondered around the 3rd floor of the sprawling house, carefully holding Yeolmu the way Somin taught him to, and gave himself a house tour without being intrusive. 

On the 3rd floor were 2 bedrooms, one had a sign saying 'Gym" and another with a pink letter S hanging on the middle of the door, which meant it was Somin's room, given that she stayed with her parents in this house, although her brother and sister-in-law were here often, they occupied a bedroom on the 2nd floor with Yeolmu and Somin's parents respectively (Seunggi had been given a tiny breakdown on his way up by Somin). He pushed open the gym with his free hand and was amazed to see how well-equipped it was, even for a relatively healthy man like him, it seemed like Somin worked out pretty hard to maintain her relatively toned body. Yeolmu was squirming and leaning his body to Somin's room, to which Seunggi himself had not yet opened as a form of respect to the lady, but Yeolmu was whining and since Somin had given him permission, he carefully opened the other room on the 3rd floor to take a look. 

The room was relatively large but simply decorated, it had a queen-sized bed, a closet, a study table and bookcase, toilet and surprisingly, a baby cot next to her bed. Yeolmu had stopped whining the moment they entered his aunt's room and immediately felt at ease, after his mum, Somin was his 2nd favourite person on earth (sorry Dad, but I like Aunt Somin better!) and he loved sleeping over in her room whenever his parents were not next to him. Seunggi was amazed at the simplicity of her room and the amount of Yeolmu's things she had in her room, it was as if she valued Yeolmu over herself when decorating her room. He quietly left the room and decided to take a quick look around the 2nd floor before heading down to the kitchen to see if Somin needed any help, not that he would be of much help.