A new life

Second time is a charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole family gave Dasom an amazing first Christmas party and not only the Moons but also the Kims dedicated the last days of the year just to be together and pampering the baby.

Although Moonbyul and Yongsun had begged them not to give the child too many things, the grandparents were too excited and forgot about that request.

So, to control the situation, the duo made a rule that their parents would have to follow in the future.

For every gift they decided to buy for Dasom, they would have to donate something twice as expensive to unprivileged people.

The best friends and lovers didn’t share the news about their engagement before the arrival of the new year.

And even then, they spoke in private with their own parents and their close friends instead of making a big announcement.

Moonbyul asked Wheein and Hyejin to be their bridesmaid and explained that Yongsun and she didn’t want to get married right away, but would like to count on them when the time came.

Yongsun went to her parents' house a few days before her birthday and decided to ask them for some advice.

The black-haired woman took Dasom with her, and Mrs. Kim was smiling from ear to ear.

The daughter sat on the sofa and used her phone to record part of that moment between her mother and the cute child.

Mrs. Kim finally realized and asked while giggling:

__ Why are you making such a trivial video?

__ It’s far from trivial, omma. I love 3 women so much! And 2 of them are together. I need to keep this memory. 

Mrs Kim smiled:

__ It’s good to see you so shiny, Yongsun-ah. I never doubted that your happiness was attached to Byul-yi. It’s so clear that you girls were meant to be.

__ Good that you mentioned that, omma. I want to ask for your help with something. Appa’s help too.

The man had just come from the kitchen, and he gave Dasom an apple.

__ Sure! Anything for my baby.

__ So... I know it must be hard for people of your generation... have a daughter who got divorced twice. And she isn’t even in her forties.__ Yongsun said with some difficulty.

The man declared with an expression full of love:

__ I can’t speak in the name of our generation. But your mother and I never felt any kind of shame related to our daughters. You and your sister are our blessing.

The brunette had tears in her eyes and her mother added:

__ Everything that has ever happened to you hurt us just because you were hurt. And as someone who has gone through depression post delivery once I had your sister, I am going to tell you something. I always suspected that you were depressed when Jun-su was little. And that may have been the reason for your decision to get divorced.

Yongsun nodded in agreement and commented:

__ I agree, omma. It took me a long time to realize that. But when I finally understood that part of my mistakes had a logical explanation, I could move on. And now, Byul and I have decided to give ourselves a second chance.

Mr. Kim laughed and murmured:

__ That’s such a big surprise.

__ Hahahahhaha dad... Don’t mock me...

The older man smiled:

__ Okay, I will stop teasing. I just want to say that this makes your mom and me very happy.

__ Alright. So now let me ask for your help.

The father held Dasom, who almost tripped:

__ Of course.

__ I proposed to Byul on her birthday but we want to plan the wedding carefully. And I’ve been thinking that we should get a house. Raising a kid in an apartment is not the best thing. I was wondering if you guys could help me find the perfect place.

Mrs. Kim and her husband exchanged a smile and Yongsun got curious.

She knew her parents very well, and they were certainly hiding something.

__ What is it, dad?

The father asked with heart eyes:

__ Don’t be mad, okay?

__ O... kay...

The older man made the face of a kid who was caught stealing candy:

__ A couple of years ago, your mother and I were visiting some friends, and we saw this perfect house and we thought about you and Byul-yi and Jun. So we... bought it...

__ But dad... I was married to someone else...

The mother laughed and said:

__ Your father was 100% sure that you and Byul-yi would get back together. He said this would happen even if you were in your 70s.

Yongsun found that story too cute, and she hugged her father.

The man was getting emotional. So she patted his daughter’s head and asked:

__ Would you like to see the house? Of course, you and Byul-yi don’t have any obligation. If it isn’t what you have in mind, I won’t get offended. The house will still belong to Jun-su and this pretty tiny thing here.

__ Omo... what a big baby! Of course, Dad! I’d love to see it.

__ x __

Yongsun had loved the house her father bought. But she wanted to make some changes and surprise her best friend and lover. So, for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter