The party

Second time is a charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Both women received an invitation for a school reunion and they felt excited and nostalgic. After all, neither Moonbyul nor Yongsun had seen most of their old-time friends in the last 15 years.

At first, Yongsun’s husband complained his wife didn’t even consider taking him with her. But then, the black-haired woman replied that he would get bored and moody and say he was being left out during the party.

Moonbyul stopped by her ex-wife to pick her up and she took the chance to talk to their son.

__ Hey baby. How are you doing?

The fifteen-year-old kissed the woman on her cheeks:

__ Hi, mom. I’m good. I missed you.

__ I missed you too. Sorry I haven’t visited for over a week. I had to travel on business.

The young guy asked while smiling:

__ I understand. So... I’ve heard you girls have a quick trip to the past. Are you excited?

Moonbyul explained:

__ Ah, yeah... I confess I am a little. Some girls we are meeting were very dear to our hearts. Sadly, life happens and people lose contact. 

The son rubbed his mother’s back and affirmed:

__ I bet you are gonna have a blast. Both of you.

__ Well, I have to take care of your mother. You know she is weak with alcohol.

The teenager giggled:

__ True.

Moonbyul spoke with hesitation:

__ Baby, are you gonna be alright? I know you don’t have any problem with your stepfather but... if you feel he is getting upset about having to stay home for you, just go to your grandparents’.

__ Don’t worry, mom. I’ll be fine. But yeah, maybe I’ll visit my 4 favorite elders.

The woman handed her son some money:

__ Here some extra cash in case of emergency.

The boy refused sweetly:

__ Mom... you guys already give me plenty.

The mother caressed his face with love:

__ But you rarely use it. You are young. And a good boy. We are very proud of having a son like you. There is no need to be perfect, okay? Spend a bit of my money. I work to provide you with the best. I have only you. What is mine is yours.

__ I’ll think about it, mom.__ Jun-su declared with a sweet smile.

Yongsun got down the stairs and pulled the boy to her arms, pretending she was jealous, and said:

__ I want some sugar too. You two and your little club.

The boy laughed and hugged his mother with tenderness and Moonbyul wrapped her arms around them, squeezing her ex-wife in a bear hug.

__ Ddun is such a baby...

__ No, I’m not! It’s not my fault you keep trying to steal my boy.__ Yongsun pouted but cracked up in loud laughter when her best friend poked her ribs.

Moonbyul smiled and broke the triple hug:

__ Yong, we gotta go. Don’t forget we are hitting the road.

The black-haired woman kissed her son’s forehead and repeated all the recommendations every mother says before leaving home.

20 minutes later, the former couple was on the highway listening to their favorite songs and chatting about their friends from the past.

__ I made a reservation at a hotel so that we can shower, get ready, and also spend the night instead of coming back in a hurry. Is this alright?__ The brunette asked without taking her eyes off the road.

The older one took off her sandals and put her feet up:

__ Yeah. It would be very tiring coming back as soon as the party was over. It’s perfectly fine, Byul-ah.

__ How are things back home? Are you having what you need regularly?__ Moonbyul laughed after asking.

Yongsun sighed in frustration:

__ Hmmm. After that day, he got jealous of you. I thought things were gonna be alright. We had 2 or 3 great nights. But then... his lack of interest started again...

__ Really? Did you try... roleplaying something? Or spice things up with a dance or special underwear?

The former wife glanced at the brunette with curiosity:

__ Do you do that, Byul-ah?

__ Hell yeah. I love games. And as I told you the other day, some nice toys.

Yongsun confessed:

__ I always think about doing something new but he is a little... narrow-minded.

__ Well... you should try talking to him. Open up and let him know ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter