Lights

Embers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hands still clasped together, the two of them entered the convenience store that wasn't at all welcoming with its atmosphere.

"Good evening and welcome to 77 Store," a bored greeting came.

Moonbyul gives a nod to the cashier's direction, grabbing a basket and heading towards the snack section.

"Go. Grab whatever you want," she tells Yongsun who glances down at their hands and Moonbyul chuckles, slowly letting go of her fingers.

The black-haired girl hums to herself, looking at the array of chips and candies, leaning towards a can of classic pringles. When she wasn't looking, Moonbyul suddenly was gone from behind her.

Yongsun thought of it as nothing, going to grab some honey butter chips and looking for Moonbyul around the store, who she found by the beverage section.

"Hey, how well can you handle your alcohol?" she asks, a hand by the rubber stopper of the refrigerator door.

She thought of all the times the station would go out for some korean barbecue and drinks after work and clicked her tongue. Not at all, she thought. But it would be worth a shot this time around.

"Eh, it's...debatable. Though, I don't mind." The half-lie went with a shrug, which she was certain Moonbyul had caught onto, but still grabbed a pair of beer cans.

"Debatable can still take one can right?" A smirk was playing on the baker's lips as their basket was filling up with snacks and beverages. Yongsun had also chosen to put in a can of Coke, for good measure.

"Yeah, I can." The firefighter tries to play it cool, patting Moonbyul on the back, her hand lingering while they went to pay for their stuff.

Outside the store, Moonbyul tries to fit their purchases in her backpack, mounting her motorcycle once more. Yongsun took this time to take a good look at her date, who she never actually saw without an apron call for today.

"Hey. You look much better without the apron. Or the oven mitts." The compliment was a shy whisper, but it didn't go unnoticed by the baker.

"Thank you. I promise it looks much better without anything at all." The taller girl jokes, gaining a playful punch from her once she got back on the motorcycle.

The two of them continued to ride into the night, and Yongsun took notice of the ringing in her ears-they were going uphill, she realized.

Moonbyul puts the vehicle to a stop, removing her helmet quickly and instantly reaching for Yongsun's hand.

As soon as her eyes scanned their surroundings, the firefighter gasped. It was a hill overlooking the city of Seoul.

Moonbyul opens her backpack and grabs a blanket, laying it out on the grass for the two of them, sitting down before Yongsun. She retrieves her single can of beer, opening it with a sizzling sound. With a sigh, the shorter girl sits down beside her, not being able to tear her gaze from the view.

"Byul-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter