Fancy

Embers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun brought her car to Moonbyul's request and she was waiting in the driver's seat when the girl comes out of the closed bakeshop in a white sweatshirt and jeans, as well as her black framed glasses.

She hurriedly opens the door to the passenger seat and plops down, ruffling her wet hair.

"Sorry if you waited long, Yong. Irene beat me to the shower and even argued with me because she was going out with Seulgi again today." Her words were barely comprehensive through her ragged breathing, amusing Yongsun in the meantime. What Moonbyul didn't know was that she had just parked her car two minutes ago.

"Ah. I didn't even have the time to put on contacts or makeup. I hope you don't mind," she continues after taking a deep breath and peeking at the rearview mirror.

"Don't worry. I like seeing you... like this," Yongsun assures her which Moonbyul smiles at, the car being reversed and driven out into the street by the black-haired girl.

"By the way, where are we going and why did I have to bring my car?" she asks, momentarily glancing at the blonde whose head was leaned against the window and eyes closed.

"Oh... The grocery. I was going to do this with Irene supposedly because I needed to buy in bulk and Seulgi has a car but obviously they're too busy dating around for the shop," Moonbyul mutters, wiping her face with her palm and blinking twice.

Yongsun hums and asks, "So this isn't a date?"

The baker's ears instantly turn bright red, eyes slightly widening.

"Ah, that's not what I meant. Well, I'm not really sure. Do you want it to be?"

"It can just be a casual date, it's just the grocery after all."

"Hey! Grocery dates can be romantic. They're pretty domestic, yknow," Moonbyul mumbles, playing with a strand of her hair and looking at her feet.

"Byul-ah, look at me. Are you trying to avoid making eye contact with me?" Yongsun finally takes notice, the car stopping at a red light and her hand on the taller girl's thigh. Moonbyul tenses up, glancing at her hand and eventually up at her eyes.

"Well I didn't get to fix myself up before this so I'm a little shy and you're still beautiful." The firefighter didn't know whether she should feel complimented or insulted that Moonbyul would think that she cared much of what she looked like barefaced.

"This kid, really. I told you I like you better like this! I don't get to see you much outside both of our work so, it's alright, Byul-ah. But thank you for thinking I'm still beautiful regardless." A green light goes on simultaneously with a sigh of relief from Moonbyul. Yongsun really couldn't wrap her head around what the girl was worrying too much of, but glanced at her from the corner of her eye and sees her with a mindless smile, staring at her.

--*--
"Oh, Yong! Look. It's coin karaoke, didn't you say you loved to sing?" Moonbyul nudges her as they walk from the parking lot to the grocery. Yongsun's eyes lingers a bit on the coin karaoke place, and hummed.

"Let's just focus on getting groceries first, alright? These are your groceries after all," she tells the taller girl off but Moonbyul's mind already seems made up with her pouty lips and puppy eyes directed at the black-haired girl. Yongsun holds her gaze, trying to make eye contact but quickly breaks it with a frustrated groan.

"Fine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter