Longing

Embers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jealousy wasn't really something that Yongsun she was sure she had ever felt before in her life. Sure, back in highschool, she would be jealous of the skinnier or the more popular girls. But, this one took on a new form called Lee Dahee.


It was a Thursday, and Yongsun's day off, which she had decided to spend lounging in Moonbyul and Irene's bakeshop with a warm cup of café latte in her hands.

The bell of the door rang, making Moonbyul and Yongsun look to see who had come inside.

"Oh, Dahee! You didn't say you'd be swinging by or in the country at all," the baker greets, going out from behind the counter to wrap the tall and beautiful woman in a hug.

"Yongsun-ah, this is Dahee. She's my childhood friend and, well, ex-girlfriend. She was in England for quite a while," Moonbyul introduces and Dahee reaches out her hand. Ex-girlfriend. Yongsun shakes it firmly and quickly, staring into her eyes.

"I'm Kim Yongsun, I work at the fire station across the street." The introduction was short and she didn't know why, but the thought of the Dahee woman knowing more about her seemed off.

"She and I are...dating," the baker adds awkwardly, and Yongsun wasn't sure if it was because it was directed to her ex-girlfriend or because she wasn't sure how to put her and Yongsun's relationship into better words.

And that was that. For the rest of the afternoon, Dahee occupied Moonbyul's attention and Yongsun hated it. She hated it more that Moonbyul didn't seem to notice.

"Byul... I'll be going home now since it seems like you have more things to busy yourself with," she muttered impatiently, grabbing her shoulderbag and looking directly at the two in the middle of a conversation.

"But I won't be closing until 8?" The blonde questions with a puzzled expression on her face and Yongsun clicks her tongue.

"I know. Just... text me when you can." Her words were cold and distant, gaze on Dahee lingering and fiery.

Days passed and Moonbyul worried more each day Yongsun didn't come by. The more she saw of Dahee, the less she saw Yongsun. Sometimes, she would see her walk past the bakeshop and go to work with a coffee already in her hands, without even giving the bakeshop a single glance. The texts would seem off too, and like that, a week had gone.

To her surprise, Moonbyul sees Yongsun enter from the kitchen.

"Yong!" She cries out, practically tripping to get to her. The firefighter looks at her different–as if with disdain and Moo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter