Future

Embers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dates came and went as the days they spent together became weeks and the weeks became days, the days became weeks, until it was their first year as a couple.

Moonbyul was over at Yongsun's so often that she never really knew when the baker would finish work and actually go home than go to her apartment.

As the firefighter drove home, the memories of the times she and Moonbyul spent together crosses her mind and she finds herself smiling stupidly.

from brat
i miss you.
so much i might just
dieeeeeeeeeee
come sooner please
can't
bear
sent 9:21pm

 

from smol bun 💖
I'm here, brat.
Always.
sent 9:23pm

 

Upon opening the door, Yongsun is greeted by a Moonbyul in a party hat with a round cake in her hands. On it, 'I love you' was written in cursive icing.

 

"It's our first anniversary! But, I kinda debated with myself over what to write so I just decided to wing it," the taller girl rambles bashfully, glancing from the cake to Yongsun frequently. Yongsun feels the tears forming in her eyes, and pulls her girlfriend into a tight hug, nesting her head on the cranny of her neck.

 

Moonbyul wraps her arms around her too, the cake proving to be a hindrance and Yongsun takes notice, instantly pulling apart and settling for a quick kiss on the lips.

 

The baker sets the cake down on the kitchen table where Yongsun joins her, closing her eyes, making Moonbyul laugh.

 

"Babe, what are you doing?" She asks, standing beside her and hesitantly closing her eyes too.

 

"I'm making a wish to the universe. A proposition, somewhat. Here it goes. Universe, the last year of my life with my girlfriend has been the most amazing year of my life so far. As a firefighter, it's been my duty to save lives and serve the people. So universe, I'm making a negotiation. In return, please don't take Moonbyul away from me." Yongsun opens her eyes slowly but finds Moonbyul serious with her eyes closed and eyebrows knitted together, elbows resting on the countertop.

 

"...I only make bread so I don't have anything to offer you, universe. But, I'm putting my faith in you as my girlfriend has. I just want her to be happy regardless of what happens in the future. If in the slightest chance we break up, I hope she still finds happiness. If in any other way we part ways, I hope the same." Moon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter