CHAPTER 7

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU [JEONGMI]

[3 YEARS AFTER AT SEOUL SOUTH KOREA]

After a busy and tiring day at work, I get to rest on my soft bed.

*Incoming Call : Son Chayeoung*

JY : "Yow smol!"

CY : "Hyung! Are you sure you don't want to go at the same time as us?"

JY : "I just got off work, I'll take the earliest flight tomorrow."

CY : "Arraso but make sure you're not late, this is an important day for Sana and Dahyun."

JY : "Of course."

JY : "Then see you there."

CY : "See you."

*End of Call*

Dahyun and Sana are getting married in Japan everyone was traveling together, I had to finish some of my shoots that's why I couldn't leave the same time with them. I got the next available flight to Osaka.

--

On my way to the airport, it started to rain. After what happened a few years ago, I never bought an umbrella with me again. A certain someone thought me how it's nice to be under the rain. They say when it rains it's actually a blessing from up above. It's the same rain that embodies her, the same rain that reminds me of my one great love. 

[12NN AT OSAKA CHURCH]

JY : "I'm here."

MM : "When will you arrive on time?"

JY : "Mianhe, I was stuck in traffic."

NY : "Said by the one who never arrives in time."

She said as she fixes my tie.

NY : "Go to Dahyun, shes in the front."

JY : "Arraso, I'll see you guys later." 

--

DH :        

DH : "Hyung you're here."

JY : "Of course, where's Sana?"

DH : "Still in the car, do I look okay?"

JY : "You do, you're the best looking one in here."

DH : "Hyung what if she backs out?"

JY : "Aniyo, don't think too much. You know Sana, she would jump off a bridge for you. Give her faith."

JY : "Now I'm getting nervous, why did you have to pick me as your best woman? You could've chosen someone else."

DH : "Hahaha sorry hyung, but you know them. They want to walk down the aisle as pairs. And you're the only..."

JY : "Arraso I get it, I'm the only one who's alone here."

JY : "Wait....... If Momo is walking with Nayeon who is walking as Sana's bridesmaid?"

DH : "Hyung it's in the invitation."

JY : "Mianhe I didn't get to open it because of the workload I got."

DH : "Then how did you know that you're going to be my best woman?"

JY : "Duhhhh you texted me, so who is it?"

DH : "Maja, Its a childhood friend of hers and Momo unnie."

JY : "I thought Momo was her only best friend?"

DH : "What are you saying? They've been a trio since they were young, if you went to the get together we hadk, you would've met her already."

JY : "You know why I didn't."

DH : "Because you don't want us to hook you up with someone, Hyung we're just trying to look after you."

JY : "Arraso, I'll try next time but for now let's focus on your wedding. It's your big day don't worry about anything else."

DH : "You're just trying to dodge the topic."

"We're starting after 5 minutes."

JY : "Hahaha, you hear that? Straighten your back and walk like a proud eagle! I'll be right behind you."

DH : "Arraso hyung, thank you!"

JY : "No problem :)" I said as I gave her a pat in the back. 

I took a quick glimpse at our back, I saw Jihyo having fun with Sunmi. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung being clingy with each other. Nayeon and Momo are dancing to the weddings bells.

Then I saw the sky, it was a bit gloomy there's a little chance of rain. It would be nice if I get to wait for Mina at the altar on a day like this.

The procession started, one by one we made our way and soon enough everyone was already in their place. The only person that needs to walk the aisle was the bridesmaid and the bride herself. As the ring bearer and flower girl walk down the aisle a strong wind blew inside the church making the flowers float in the air. 

And just like in movies, I heard a familiar melody in my ear, a melody that I was sure I'm the only one hearing. Suddenly everything went slow when I saw a familiar silhouette, in her beige dress holding a flower in her hand.

It's funny how I'm standing in the altar daydreaming of Mina walking down the aisle, I guess it's because of that one glass of wine I had before I came here        

It's funny how I'm standing in the altar daydreaming of Mina walking down the aisle, I guess it's because of that one glass of wine I had before I came here.

I think it's fine, just for today even if it's because of the alcohol kicking in. I want to see her beautiful smile again. As she walks closer to the aisle, it felt more and more realistic. Her face was very detailed, I brushed my eyes.......

JY : "It can't be."

 DH : "I bet this is the first time you saw someone like her. See what you missed?" She said as she gave me a slight bump.

Mina was inches away from us, I don't know which is reality and fantasy anymore.

DH : "If you haven't rejected our invitation, you could've been close with her by now."

JY : "Tell me I'm just dreaming dubs."

DH : "Hahaha I guess her beauty is hard to believe but you're not hyung, that's the real deal."

Mina was already in front of us before she made her way to the opposite side she turned around to face me. She gave me a big smile, I felt my eyes welling up. I wanted to grab her but I wouldn't want to ruin Dahyun and Sana's wedding.

---

I'm thinking of publishing a one shot collection; what do you think? :)