CHAPTER 5

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU [JEONGMI]

JEONGYEON'S POV

*7 PM AT JEJU HOTEL*

Our last day together just went pass us, we spend the whole afternoon laying around watching what old show this local TV has. It didn't matter if it was an old soap-opera or a cartoon.

MN : "I think it's time to drink!"

JY : "Hahaha aren't you an alcoholic?"

MN : "Ehhh this is our last night together we should celebrate."

JY : "Hahahaha arraso."

I took out the beers we bought and laid the snacks on the floor. Few drinks in and she turned red again.

MN : "I wish all of the people are like you."

JY : "What do you mean?"

MN : "You care so much for someone you just meet. Imagine how much more you would if it someone you've known for all your life, for someone that you'll love."

JY : "Hahaha I guess you've drunk enough."

MN : "Aniyo even if I'm drunk right now I'm sure of what I'm saying. Yoo Jeongyeon! You're an amazing person. It's not like every day I could find someone like you, you're one of a kind."

JY : "Arraso you're amazing too. You're really a strong person. Most people don't have the courage to do what you did."

MN : "Hahaha now you're the one saying stuff."

JY : "Aniyo 9 out of 10 will just ignore what happened and give it another chance. You're brave enough to leave everything behind, you took a big step."

MN : "You know I cried a million times during this whole trip. I thought running away to get fresh air was a horrible idea but it turned out to be the best decision I ever made in my entire life."

JY : "I'm glad you enjoyed staying here."

MN : "It's not about the place it was all thanks to you and these past 2 days, If I didn't meet you I would've still feel lost. Somehow being around you made me feel better. Don't you think this wasn't a coincidence?"

She said as she rest the back of her head on the sofa.

JY : "Huh?"

MN : "Hahaha that someone out there made this happened? That we got late for our flight and ended up spending two days together?"

JY : "You're the one who kept on repeating that it was a coincidence. I knew the second time I saw you in the hotel lobby that it was destiny."

MN : "I think you're the drunk one here."

JY : "Maybe I am because if I wasn't, I wouldn't have the courage to say the words I said."

MN : "Hahaha arraso want to hear something crazier?"

I rested my head on the sofa her face was inches away from mine, I looked at her waiting for the thing she wanted to say.

MN : "I love you......."

3 words and it felt like I was in a whole new world        

3 words and it felt like I was in a whole new world. A world where there was only the two of us. I wasn't sure how to react to what she just said. I'm sure I love her too but what if it's just the alcohol talking. 

MN : "Hey I know it's shocking since it's just been two days but I'm sure I do, I love you."

I couldn't resist it anymore, I don't care if she's saying this because she's drunk or not. I'll just deal with it tomorrow. 

JY : "I love you too."

MN : "But wouldn't it be painful? Since we're not going to see each other again."

JY : "What are you saying? We can text and meet again, I'll visit you in Japan." I said as I looked into her eyes.

MN : "Hahaha arraso."

Our heartbeat grew louder and louder not even the heavy raindrops can overpower it. I stared into her eyes as I slowly got drown on it. We move closer to each other until our lips were already pressing each other.

It was my first kiss and my first kiss tasted like alcohol with a mixture of blueberries on it        

It was my first kiss and my first kiss tasted like alcohol with a mixture of blueberries on it. As we part our lips away from each other, she hugged me tightly.  

After a while, I realized that she fell asleep on my shoulder. I carried her to the bed where I laid next to her. 

JY : "Mina-ssi Take my heart and never give it back." I said and brushed her hair to the side.

*0600 AM AT JEJU HOTEL*

I fell asleep next to her but when I woke up she was nowhere next to me, I started to look for her but she's not in the bathroom nor the balcony, I couldn't find her and even her things. 

I notice a piece of paper under a bottle of beer next to the balconies door, when I unfolded it I saw her ticket for the flight we missed. I turned it around and found something written on the back of it.

Yoo Jeongyeon,

I couldn't thank you enough for everything you did for me, thank you for putting up with me for the past 2 days especially when I get drunk. I'm sorry that I had to leave you like this. I didn't know what to say after what happened last night. I feel ashamed for saying those words while I was intoxicated but I mean it, I meant everything I said.

I think this is how destiny looks like in movies right? Don't you think that we were destined to meet each other? That we were meant to miss that 0745 flight, to find each other. Who knew that great love is not always found in a 5-year-old relationship, it could be from someone you just know for 2 days. 

I'm sorry if I had to leave you with nothing. When I came here I didn't plan to bring back any memories with me, I planned to leave everything here. I didn't think that I'll be making new ones but don't worry I'll keep the times that we shared deep in my heart. I would be happy to keep in touch with you but I don't think this is the right time. After all, It's going to be unfair for you. I love you..... If God permits and we find each other again, would you still accept me? Not as someone who has a broken heart but as someone who has a whole heart? When I fix myself would you still love me?

PS. Don't look for me, don't wait for me. I don't want you to your time looking for someone who haven't found herself. Please continue with your life and I will try my best too. Maybe one day we will meet again and who knows what? I love you Jeongyeon-san and I mean everything I said.

Myoui Mina [12626MSG08]

--