CHAPTER 1

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU [JEONGMI]

JEONGYEON'S POV

[0730 AM AT JEJU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT]

JY : "Is there any other way? I need to be on this flight."

FA : "I'm really sorry Ms. Yoo but we can't let you in anymore, they already pulled out the bridge and the plane's door is already closed."

JY : "Arraso is there any way that you can book me to the earliest flight back to Seoul?"

FA : "The next flight is not until 2 days from now."

JY : "2 days?????"

FA : "There's a storm coming, it'll make its landfall in the afternoon and all flights are already canceled until further notice."

JY : "Two days is the earliest one? And if I'm not mistaken there are no trips for the ferry too?"

FA : "Majayo, that's what we're hoping Ms. Yoo."

JY : "I guess I have no choice, is it possible for me to get into that flight."

FA : "Of course, we only have two passengers to reschedule."

JY : "Two?"

FA : "Yes, we'll put you on the first flight back to Seoul. If any circumstance that the flight will be changed we will contact you right away."

JY : "Arraso, thank you for your help."

That's it I totally screwed things up, my alarm didn't go on time and I woke up a little late. I missed my flight and now I'm going to miss our high school reunion.

*Out Going Call : Im Nayeon*

NY : "Oh Jeong, I thought you're on your way back?"

JY : "I miss my flight unnie."

NY : "Then what time are you arriving today? Momo and I will pick you up."

JY : "My flight back is not until 2 days from now. There's a storm coming and there's no flight or ferry available for now."

NY : "Huh? What?"

JY : "It's my fault, I woke up later than I'm supposed to. You can tell the girls I'm not coming."

NY : "Are you sure you miss it? Or you planned to miss it?"

JY : "Why would I do that? I don't want to miss our reunion."

NY : "Don't know, maybe you didn't want to see Bona?"

JY : "Unnie we talked about this, I'll give it a try. I'm not avoiding her."

NY : "Arraso, so I guess we'll see you after 2 days?"

JY : "Hai! Just tell the girls I'm really sorry. Thanks, unnie."

NY : "Just promise me when you come back you'll go and see Bona."

JY : "Aish... Okay."

NY : "See you in 2 days!"

*End Of Call*

Bona was Nayeon unnie friend back in high school, we were on the same batch but we weren't close since she's from a different section. Unnie just pushed me to meet her since I was the only single in the group. She has Momo, Chaeng have Tzuyu, Dahyun have Sana and Jihyo have Sunmi, they're just trying to help me because they're worried that I'll grow old alone. I doubt that will happen.

I sat in front of the gate, as I watch the plane that I was supposed to be on takeoff. I put my headphones on and my music. I scanned my phone, looking for an available hotel when I notice a girl with her bag pack and luggage catching her breath approached the front of the gate.

*Yoo Jae Ha Because I love you playing in her headphones.*

She looked around and somehow are eyes meet. The same Flight attendant approached her, I guess she was the 2nd person they were talking about. 

*Was it just my misunderstanding? That noticed the first look in your eyes.*

It was a short moment, shorter than what I expected, no arguments and it seems that she just accepted what happened. The girl just left with a smile on her face, it's like she was happy that she miss that flight.

*You made me a fool with your bright smile.*

--        

--

I booked a hotel room for 2 days, it's not going to be ready until 2 pm so I decided to roam around. I took my camera out and captured a glimpse of Jeju. As I stood near the bay I can see the waves getting bigger, the wind was getting stronger and the sky is getting darker. It was time for me to head to my hotel.

[0130 PM AT JEJU HOTEL]

R : "Hi welcome to Jeju Hotel how can we help you?"

JY : "Hi, I have a reservation for two days. Here."

I showed her my online booking.

R : "Ms. Yoo we got your room ready, you're really lucky. It was the last room available, we have too many people staying because of the storm."

JY : "I hope it's not that bad."

R : "We hope too, do you need help with your luggage?"

JY : "Yes please."

R : "I'll call someone for you, for the meantime you can sit down."

JY : "Thanks."

I sat right next to the hotel's entrance, scanning my camera when a familiar silhouette passed by. It was the same girl I saw in the airport

R : "We're really sorry but we're fully booked as of the moment."

"Do you know any other close hotel?"

I didn't mean to but I overheard their conversation.

R : "Hmm there's one next street."

"I've been there, and it was fully booked too."

R : "We're really sorry."

"It's fine, thank you for helping me."

Is she really going to be fine? It's already crazy outside, I don't think she'll find a place with in the time.

Yoo Jeongyeon think! Think before you move.... before you act.

The girl was about to go...

JY : "There you are."

"Huh?"

JY : "I just texted you. I booked us a hotel."

R : "Hmm do you know her Ms. Yoo?"

JY : "I do she's a friend and shes actually staying with me. Right?"

"H-hai??"

R : "Oh that's your bell boy, I hope you two have a wonderful stay with us."

JY : "Thank you!"

We followed the hotel staff to the room, no words were spoken. I'm hoping that she understands what I was trying to do.

---