CHAPTER 3

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU [JEONGMI]

JEONGYEON'S POV

[0830 PM AT JEJU HOTEL]

MN : "So you're a photographer?"

JY : "I am but I just started. How about you? What bought you here?"

My words echoed in the room, she looked straight into my eyes and I felt my heart fluttering. 

MN : "I came here to forget about everything. A week ago I have a fiance but now here I am, single."

JY : "I'm sorry, you don't have to tell me. It's your privacy."

MN : "It's fine as long as your okay with me running my mouth."

JY : "I don't mind."

MN : "So like what I was saying, I was supposed to get married next month. Unfortunately for me, my fiance was having an affair and before I knew it I was already on a plane going to Korea. I followed my feet and it bought me to Jeju. I think it's a nice place to leave unwanted memories."

JY : "I'm sorry."

MN : "Don't be, I'm happy that I didn't get to marry someone like her."

JY : "Her?"

MN : "Ohhhh sorry I was in a same- relationship. I respect your opinion, not all people can accept it."

JY : "Ani, I have nothing against that. Most of my friends have a girlfriend, hmm I mean all of them."

MN : "How bout you?"

JY : "Me? Hmmm, I don't have the time to date right now."

MN : "How old are you?"

JY : "26...."

MN : "Ohhh I'm just 25. You do actually have plenty of time."

JY : "So you're actually younger than me."

MN : "Hahaha I may be young but my mind is matured."

JY : "Arraso, I was wondering why were you smiling back at the airport."

MN : "Ahhhh I was happy, it felt like someone was watching over me. I didn't want to go back yet and that delayed flight was like a blessing."

JY : "I guess it was really a blessing, I mean it bought me a new friend hahaha."

MN : "Majayo, a total coincidence. Two idiots missing their flight and getting stuck on this island."

JY : "Hahaha, thanks for accompanying me."

MN : "I should be thanking you, I haven't laughed like this after what happened."

We continued to talk about things and on our 4th bottle of beer, she suddenly stood up in front of the balcony facing the raging sea.

MN : "Hey Jeongyeon-san, want to see something amazing?" She said as she turns to look at me.

JY : "Hmmmm what?"

She opened the door and walked outside the balcony, the heavy rain was pouring down her and within a short period of time, she was already soaked. Everything went slow as I witness a ballerina; A black swan to be precise.

I sat still as I watched her dance under that storm, the sky lit up from the continuous lighting but it didn't bother her        

I sat still as I watched her dance under that storm, the sky lit up from the continuous lighting but it didn't bother her. I couldn't hear the TV nor the sound of the rain pouring outside, the only thing I heard was her heavy breathing. She dances with her black nightgown flowing with the direction of the wind.  It was a breathe taking view, it was enough to make me sober. 

I took out my camera and captured the amazing view in front of me. As I watched her, swaying her arms and feet, my heartfelt heavy. I couldn't tell if she was crying, all I know was her eyes were full of pain. With every move she made, I can see her shoulders going up and down. Then it hits me.......

JY : "Hey! Come in you'll get sick." I stood up and took a towel to cover her. I pulled her inside the room. 

MN : "Hahaha! So how was it? Did I do a great job? Was it enough?" 

She suddenly broke down and cry this time you can Identify the raindrops from her tears. Her tears were like diamonds rolling down from her eyes.

JY : "You did a great job, It was amazing."

MN : "I wished she'll tell me that but I'm someone who's pale and boring for her and I will never be someone enough for her."

JY : "She just doesn't appreciate you, you're amazing and she's the one who's at lose."

I said as I tried to dry her hair.

JY : "Can you change your clothes on your own?"

MN : "I can. I'm sorry."

She stepped in the restroom, I asked her not to lock the door. I was afraid she'll do something to herself. She stepped outside in her dry clothes, her eyes were red and swollen.

JY : "Let me help you." I supported her as she makes her way to the bed. I laid her there and without a minute she was sound asleep.

JY : "I guess it's been hard for you. I wished I've done something for you." I  brushed her hair to the side of her face.

I laid on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. I never felt my heart this way, I was happy with her and then I felt sad when I saw her crying. It feels like we're sharing the same pain. 

---