CHAPTER 6

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU [JEONGMI]

JEONGYEON'S POV

*0700 AM AT JEJU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT*

I guess this is how it ends huh? I folded the ticket and put it on my wallet as if I didn't felt my heart shatter to pieces. I checked out of the hotel and I arrived at the airport waiting for the boarding time.

I looked at the sky, the sun was out and everything was back to its peaceful self but why does it feel heavy? why do I feel empty?.... I boarded my flight back home.

*0900 AM AT SEOUL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT*

NY : "Yoo Jeongyeon!"

JY : "Annyeong unnie."

MM : "Ohh you looked tired."

This two have always been around for me and if there's someone who can read me it would always be Nayeon unnie. By the way she looks at me I know she already figured something.

NY : "Let's go..."

We're driving on our way back and I guess they're not used to me being quiet        

We're driving on our way back and I guess they're not used to me being quiet.

NY : "Did something happened?" She said looking back at me through the rare view mirror.

JY : "I think I'm just tired."

NY : "Are you sure? I've known you since we were young and that's the face you usually make when you're sad."

JY : "Hmm hiding something from you have always been hard. I guess you can say that someone took my heart and left with it :)"

I smiled but I couldn't hold the tears anymore.

MM : "Omo who was she? Do you want us to look for her."

JY : "Ani, let her be."

After an hour of driving, we arrived back at my place. 

MM : "There you go, that's the last bag you have. Are you sure that you don't want us to stay?"

JY : "Yeah, I'll be okay I just need to rest."

Nayeon unnie walked towards me, she engulfed me with a bear hug. Her warmth has always been comforting it was enough to bring me a little solace.

NY : "Jeongie when you're ready to talk, remember that you'll always have us okay? I know it's hurting you right now but you'll get over it. Give us a call cause if you don't expect all of us to be here."

JY : "Hahaha arraso unnie, thank you. Take care okay?"

MM : "Hai!"

As soon as the two of them left I went straight to my bed. My head and heart were full of her. 

*A YEAR LATER AT YOO'S STUDIO*

*Knock*Knock*

JY : "Come in."

MM : "Ohayo!"

JY : "What are you two doing here?"

NY : "Well Momoring wanted to grab somethings. It just happened that we're around the area, what are you up to?"

JY : "Nothing.... I'm waiting for my next schedule."

MM : "Liar, I saw you staring at her picture again."

She said as she pointed at the large canvas in front of my reception area, it was the picture I took of Mina back in Jeju. The thunder made her look like a shadow, it was hard to identify who was the figure it's just a girl dancing ballet but for me it was someone who hold a very special place in my heart.

The thunder made her look like a shadow, it was hard to identify who was the figure it's just a girl dancing ballet but for me it was someone who hold a very special place in my heart        

NY : "Stop daydreaming of Ms. The one that got away."

JY : "She have a name."

NY : "Then tell us."

JY : "I won't, cause if I did I'm sure you'll look for her."

NY : "Aish pabo..."

MM : "Nayeonnie I'm going to the restroom for a bit."

NY : "Arraso babe."

Once Momo left, Nayeon stared at the picture as if she was trying to find who was on it.

NY : "She's beautiful isn't she?"

JY : "Ahmmm she is...."

NY : "Why don't you look for her?"

JY : "I don't have time."

NY : "You know you always have time, just say it. You're afraid of her leaving again."

Nayeon unnie was right, I couldn't look for her because I was afraid that she's not ready yet and would end up the same way like last time.

JY : "I guess...." I stood next to her. "I'm already happy that I meet her."

NY : "But is it enough? Do you think you'll ever love someone else?"

JY : "Hmmm maybe after some time. I'll get there unnie."

NY : "Arraso then I'll trust you."

JY : "Oh by the way thank you for not pushing me to go on blind dates anymore."

NY : "It wouldn't matter if I did."

JY : "Huh?"

NY : "You've already have your eyes on someone, I'm only doing it before because I thought you never experience love and if I set you up with someone you'll eventually fall in love and start dating."

"I thought if I get you to experience at least that, you can start doing it on your own. I just didn't want you to feel alone. I was wrong even if you experienced it. it just made you guard your heart more. Maybe because she wasn't just someone? She's more than special right?"

An awkward silence filled the room. Once she gets serious every word she spits out makes sense. 

MM : "What are you two doing?"

NY : "We're just looking at Jeong's ex-girlfriend hahahaha."

JY : "Yah!"

NY "Mianhe haha."

JY : "Hmmm what did Momoring get?

She showed me the things in their bag but one thing stood out the most for me.

JY : "My Sassy Girl? Really? Why would you buy an English version when the original is already Korean."

NY : "Don't even start with it."

MM : "Ehhhhh a friend of mine said it was really good, I wanted to know what's the difference."

JY : "Unnie?"

NY : "Well I can't say no to this face." She said as she cupped Momo's cheeks.

JY : "Arraso, just go. You two are making me sick."

NY : "Hahaha it's not our fault your loveless."

JY : "I know."

MM : "Then we're going, call us if you want to hang out Jeong."

JY : "I will."

NY : "Take care of your self Jeongie."

JY : "You two, enjoy your movie!"

And just like that my day was already over, time keeps running fast. I went to the nearby Movie store that Nayeon and Momo went to, I bought the same movie they did. I wanted to know why did Mina love it.

--

There I sat on my sofa covered in my blanket, beer running down my throat and the movie on my TV. It went on and on, then suddenly I thought of something weird. I took her old ticket out of my wallet, I looked at the last thing she wrote on it [012626 MSG 08]

If what I think is right, the original version was made in 2001 and the English one was in 2008. Could it be that MSG 08 means My Sassy Girl 2008? But what does 012626 means.........

I fast it forward to the scene in 01:26:26. Where the lead female was reading the guys letter.

That's when I realized I never forgot the love we shared, I remember her in every little thing possible

That's when I realized I never forgot the love we shared, I remember her in every little thing possible. She didn't left me with nothing, she left me with the most special thing she could ever give. She left me with her love.

---