Regular Customer

That One Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHERE are you now, Wonyoung-ah?”

Ugh… I don’t know what to do… I suddenly got really nervous. I have never experienced working part-time before and I am afraid to mess things up. Chaewon did say that it is just a pretty easy job but still this is the first time.

I’ve been looking at the convenience store where Eunbi-unnie is working for about half an hour now. I just can’t move to the other block and present myself to her. “What should I do? This isn’t a very good impression…”

I took a deep breath and with all the courage I have gathered, I went to present myself to Eunbi-unnie. It is now or never. Well, if ever I can’t manage it then they can just fire me and I will embrace all the food in the world.

“Oh, Wonyoung-ah! What took you so long?” Eunbi-unnie asked. She is still in her internship uniform. She seems really busy and tired but she still looks really beautiful.

“I am sorry, Unnie… My dog has been acting so clingy…” I lied. Actually, HeungMin is being a really good boy today. I didn’t hear him cry when I told him I will go out to work. I guess he also wants me to try something else in this boring life.

Eunbi-unnie immediately oriented me of the things to do and just like what Chaewon said, it doesn’t sound hard at all. It just feels like you are taking care of your own stuffs. Let customers come in, greet them, wait for them to get what they come for, receive the money and greet them as they leave. I guess I can do that much but…

“This is nerve-wracking…” I told myself when Eunbi-unnie completely dropped the job after three days of helping me to adjust with the work. She is really kind to spend three days just to teach me with the basics. Unnie, I don’t want to disappoint you. I am saying sorry in advance.

“Just be friendly and smile to the customers when you greet them…” I repeated what Eunbi-unnie constantly told me that time. Actually, I never saw a friendly cashier ever in my life. Everyone seems to be frowning and are tired of their lives but Unnie reminded me about smiling. She said that the owner of the store actually fires people who don’t smile to customers. I wonder if this is the place where Chaewon worked.

The bell of the store rang. It is a customer! Whatever, let’s just be cheerful just like what Unnie said! Smile, Wonyoung-ah!

“Hello, welcome to our store~” I cheerfully greeted. I suddenly felt goosebumps… I thought I overdid it. How badly I wanted to disappear that time but…

“Hi~” the customer greeted back. I looked back to her and she I saw her smiling at me before she went straight to what she wanted to buy. She greeted back! I didn’t know that I would be this happy that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter