Ordered Coffee, Spilled Tea

That One Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Two americano please~” is what she ordered that certain day. I didn’t know that she drinks coffee. This is the first time that she bought americano during my time to tend the store. Am I missing stuffs? And she ordered two to be exact!

I received the payment and all but she remained looking at me. “I-Is there something wrong?” I asked, my silly voice squeaked a little.

“Ah…” she awkwardly smiled. “You forgot to give me the cups…”

“Ah!” I snapped when I remembered I should give cups for them to get coffee from the coffee maker. “S-Sorry!” I hurriedly took the cups and handed it to her.

“It’s fine~” She assured me while snickering. “Thank you.”

After that she proceeded in getting coffee while I melt in my embarrassment. For a moment I thought she was checking me out because of how she looked at me. “Wake up, Wonyoung-ah!” I pinched myself. I can’t be sleepy during my shift!

I watched her get her coffee… through the CCTV! Of course, I won’t watch her obviously. She only poured syrup to the other cup and then went on and sat in one of the tables inside the store. She is staying for a while!

“Should I go and start a conversation!?” I asked myself. Well, I can pretend that I am fixing the shelves near her and just naturally start conversation! Okay, nice idea! Wonyoung, you are such a genius!

I was getting ready to leave my post when the chimes rang and a familiar beautiful lady passed before me. I heard her greet me but I wasn’t able to answer, probably I was that surprised to see her once again. She went straight to where my favorite customer is sitting and greeted her.

“Yujin-ah, what’s up!”

YUJIN! Her name is Yujin! Finally, I got to know her name! But why is the name on her card different?

“You’re late, Minjoo.” The girl named Yujin answered. “Coffee.” She moved the coffee to the other girl’s side of the table and then she started speaking in English. The other girl just laughed and ruffled Yujin’s hair.

“Practice Korean, Yujin-ah! Practice! You are here to stay!” The girl called Minjoo answered.

Yujin answered in alien words again and I can’t help but to agree with what the Minjoo girl said. “Practice Korean, Yujin-ssi~”

Somehow, even saying her name in my mind feels so nice. I finally have a name that I can address her with.

 

Yujin…

 

The two continued talking in English. Luckily, I can speak and understand the language since I was told to study English in a very young age. The both of them seem really close but Yujin looks a bit more careful with her actions. But seeing her smile while she's together that girl is kind of relieving. She has a really cute, dimpled smile. I thought she is some kind of a loner or something.

I know for sure I shouldn’t be eavesdropping but I couldn’t help to listen to their conversation. Aside from they are the only visitors of the shop for that time, the speakers also got busted off yesterday that’s why I couldn’t play any music. It is scheduled to be repaired tomorrow.

“I am practicing Korean.” Yujin said with a contained smile. “I asked the girl over there of her age.”

Yujin pointed at me all of a sudden and the pink-haired unnie also turned to my way. I almost punched the counter for the shock, pretending that I am busy with the inventories and not hearing anything. They didn’t know, I found another way to look at them without directly watching them. Thanks, CCTV!

I saw the girl called Minjoo smiled while looking at my direction before looking back to Yujin. “You asked a stranger for her age? That’s a weird way to start a conversation. If you aren’t an innocent-looking girl then people might think that you are hitting off with her and you just want to make sure with her age.”

“Are you kidding me?” Yujin laughed. “Are you really calling me innocent, Minjoo?”

“I think you heard me wrong. I said, innocent-looking.” Minjoo stressed. Thanks to my CCTV friend that I can see a better angle of Minjoo’s meaningful smile. “Also, how many

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter