Substitute

That One Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IT WAS the first summer of my university days, the very first semester break. All my classmates were having fun with their vacations, going overseas with their families or going on local trips. They are living their youths, posting wonderful pictures on SNS and here I am… All I can do is look at whatever they are posting.

My parents left me. Both of them are on a business trip. I don’t know what got into their minds that they left the home to me. I guess they think that because I am already a university student, I had grown a bit responsible. Well, maybe… Maybe I did. I know now how to fix my bed when I wake up in the morning. Other than that, I don’t know anything.

Thank goodness that deliveries are available almost everytime. I don’t really worry about food because they are all just one call away. But it is really, really boring! I have been waiting for this school break but nothing exciting is happening. There are times that I can go out with my friends but most of them are doing part-time jobs so we can only hangout during weekends. The weekdays are just as dry as the summer.

“I need to do something with my life…” I grunted before taking a huge bite of my favorite Hawaiian pizza. I heard my friend, Yuri laughed which made me a bit more irritated.

“You better do something or else you will blow up!” she commented which caused the other girls to laugh as well. I know, I know! I am well-aware that I am gaining weight because all I do is order food and sleep and then study.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. “I don’t know what to do. This vacation seems unending. I want to go back to school soon but time is so slow…”

“You are the only one who wants to go back to school.” Nako shook her head. “Why don’t we just travel to Japan? Let’s visit my hometown together! I’ll be going this Monday~”

Actually, I thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter