The Parks

NIELHYO Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why don't you invite him over." Mrs Park said.

"Bring who over?" Mr Park asked as he heard his wife while he was about to sit on the dining table.

"We'll have a visitor?" Soon it was Jiyoung who asked.

"Who?" Followed by Seohyun.

Jihyo suddenly became flustered and glared at her mom for having such a loud voice.

The two of them are preparing the table while having a little conversation about Jihyo's new suitor. Jihyo tells her mom everything. She's like a best friend to her. But due to her loud voice, which Jihyo got, she has been exposed to the whole family. She wasn't even sure if her dad is ready for this.

"Well, Jihyo has a suitor." Mrs Park said making her two sisters surprised while Jihyo was turning red already with embarassment. Mr Park had managed to have a neutral expression in his face. He knew his daughter has a lot already but this is the first time that he have heard them discussing about it. His daughter was pretty, of course who wouldn't be snatched by that? He often hears the students in the university he's teaching on gushing over her daughter. But still, having this conversation is a new experience for him.

"Unnie? you?! But you always act like a guy!" Jiyoung teased.

"And loud too!" Seohyun added.

"Yah!" Jihyo scolded them both for teasing her.

"Who would like you?" They again making Jihyo sulk.

"Stop teasing your unnie. She has a lot of suitors way before, just so you know. And she's very beautiful because she came from me." Mrs Park came to Jihyo's rescue and hugging her.

"Thank you eomma." She said while sticking out her tongue to her younger sisters.

"So who's this guy? Let's meet him." Mr Park soon said.

"Yeah, better be sure he's real." Jiyoung again making Jihyo glare at her.

"Unnie, you had many before, what makes him different that eomma said to bring him over." Seohyun asked.

"She likes him." Jiyoung answered in her behalf.

"Because that's what I promised appa before. Unlike you who had a boyfriend behind his back." Jihyo teased back.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Jiyoung whine recalling how her unnie "accidentally" broadcasted it on vlive.

"okay, enough bickering now. We'll have our dinner so please everyone settle down and sit." Mr Park announced making them shut their mouths.

"Thank you honey." Mrs Park smiled at him.

"So, Jihyo, are going to introduce him to us?" Mr Park asked making Jihyo choked on the water she's drinking.

"Careful sweetheart." Mrs Park immediately came to her aid.

"Thanks eomma." Jihyo said after being able to breath properly.

"I-ahm... is it ok?" She was a bit hesitant because she was shy and she wasn't sure on what to do. He will be the first guy she will bring to her home and it makes her embarass especially if they know his profile. She wasn't even sure why he chosed her. But when he confessed to her, she found sincerity in him and gave him a chance.

"Of course it's ok. It should be. Besides, I want to get to know him if his intentions are good." Mr Park said. 

"He is a good kid, honey." Mrs Park said.

"You met him already" Mr Park asked.

"Not personally but I've heard good things about him on tv." Mrs Park said.

"He is famous too? Is he an idol?" Jiyoung's eyes sparkled.

"He is. In fact, everyone knows his name." Mrs Park answered.

"Is he someone from JYPE?" Seohyun asked.

"Is he your senior?" Jiyoung added.

"You'll know when you meet him." Jihyo smirked at her sisters.

"I'm available this saturday weekend. You can schedule that." Mr Park said.

"Honey, he might be busy with his schedule." Mrs Park said.

"He should make time to meet Jihyo's family if he is really sincere, no matter how busy he can be." Mr Park said. 

Jihyo became nervous a bit. She knew her appa doesn't watch tv alot and is always been busy with work so whoever that person will be, he will be judge by his personality. But she also knew he'll be busy during this week so he might not even make it. But as what her dad have said, a sincere person will always make time. Jihyo just wished he won't let her down.

......
"Hi Jihyo-ya~ are done with dinner?" It was Kang Daniel who video called Jihyo. He always does this, never forget to check up on her every night and will asked her how she has spent her day.

"Yes. Niel-ah. I am in my parents' house right now." She answered back. She seemed nervous than usual. They are good friends already before Daniel asked her permission to court her, but even then, Jihyo never asked for anything from him. This would be the first time she'll do.

"Are you ok, Jihyo?" Daniel noticed her immediately. Sometimes, it surprises Jihyo that this guy can read her like an open book. He just pays attention to her even on little things.

"I-um... " She hesitates on how to put on her words.

"Is there something wrong?" Daniel was becoming worried already.

"No- nothing. It just that.... my parents wanted to meet you..... personally." She finally managed to say it.

Daniel was surprised. He froze for a second.

Jihyo felt sad that he looked hesitant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter