Chapter 6

Fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks.

It took Heechul two weeks before he could finally return to his job at the café. He was really lucky that the café owner is a really good family friend that can understand his situation so he won’t easily lose his job. After changing into his work clothes, he immediately went to the counter to help his co-worker Jia.

“Oh! Heechul-ssi you’re finally back!” she greeted him cheerily.

“Hi Jia. So, what did I miss?” he greeted back.

“Hmm… nothing much. But someone definitely misses you.” she replied, a side grin forming in her face.

“Someone… What? Who?” he snapped back, blushing instantly as he has a good idea who she was talking about.

“As if you don’t know it yet.” she teased before handing Heechul a can of whip cream and escaping to the backroom.

 

 

 

Heechul’s shift is ending in an hour but he hasn’t seen the person that he was expecting to be here as usual. This made him look so distracted that even Jia was able to notice it.

“Are you waiting for Jungsoo-ssi? Don’t worry, you didn’t lose your regular customer. He is still passing by here every day, always asking if you are back. Really, can’t you text each other?” Jia asked then explained to him, a tinge of genuine annoyance for Jungsoo present in her voice.

“Oh, really. Thank you for entertaining him while I was away. Haha” he replied trying to console her.

Heechul admitted to himself that he was a bit anxious about seeing Jungsoo again especially after knowing that Heechul met him. After almost an hour of internal conflict, Heechul finally decided to text Jungsoo to meet him and possibly explain some things to him.

“Hi! Its Heechul. I’m back at the café. Aren’t you coming here today?” he slowly typed and sent the message anxiously.

 

Jungsoo was packing his bag when his phone lying on the table suddenly vibrated. He was surprised to see that it was a message from Heechul.

“Hi! Its Heechul. I’m back at the café. Aren’t you coming here today?”

He hesitated for a moment upon remembering what happened two weeks ago. But he was going to the café after class anyway so he immediately replied to the text.

“You are finally back. I need to stop by the library first to return some books. Would you like to meet for dinner instead?”

Heechul was quick to reply, probabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter