Chapter 10

Fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After going home from Heechul’s house, Jungsoo spent the whole Sunday afternoon thinking. He decided to piece his recently messed up thoughts together and resolve the unsettling feeling that he had been keeping under the wraps this whole time.

He went and crashed his body on his bed and started to stare at the ceiling again.

He had been spending a lot of time with Heechul for months now. By this time, he is confident that he knows him well; his mannerisms, his reactions, his character. After all, he is well-versed in observing people. This is why the Heechul he met this morning seems different.

Then, he remembered some unusual things that his brain related to Heechul. Top of his list was the pianist he met at a bar months ago. His memory vividly registered him as someone completely identical to Heechul in terms of looks. He even had the same name. Actually, until now part of him believes that the guy was indeed the Heechul that he knows. But he must be lying to him for a valid reason. That’s why he just decided to forget about this thing until he decides to tell him about it first.

But despite this mystery that surrounds Heechul, Jungsoo was sure that he likes him. What he was not sure at this time was whether he really failed in telling him about this last night. Jungsoo immediately twisted his body and buried his face on the bed in frustration to himself.

“Aghhh! Aish! Just tell it to him again Park Jungsoo!” he finally told himself while kicking the air with his feet.

 

 

Like the usual, Jungsoo went to the café after his afternoon class. He entered the cozy place and immediately spotted Heechul at the counter seemingly distracted.

“Hey, you looked spaced out. Was the hangover that bad yesterday?” Jungsoo asked startling the guy staring at the cash register.

“Eyy, I’m just a bit sleepy. But you don’t have to expose me. My boss would have nagged me later if he heard you.” Heechul replied to him in a daze.

Jungsoo acted surprised and covered his mouth. “Oh, Sorry.”

“What would you like to drink Sir?” Heechul suddenly asked him, sounding a bit distant to him.

“Oh! It’s been a long time since you treated me as a customer!” he reacted excitedly, meaning to tease his friend for a bit.

“Maybe, I should try something new… Hmm… nah, I’ll just go with my usual tea and cake.” He then answered without really giving it much thought.

With his answer, he noticed that Heechul suddenly looked panicked.

“Ah! On another thought I’ll just take a lemonade and a ham toast today.” Jungsoo said in a hurry, following what his instincts told him.

Heechul instantly looked relieved and grinned at him awkwardly. “O-okay Sir. That will be 9,000 won.”

Jungsoo fished out a 10,000 won bill and handed it to Heechul.

“By the way, let’s hang out later. I wanna go somewhere.” He told him before leaving the counter and heading to the seats without waiting for his reply.

 

 

“So, where are we going?” Heechul asked as he followed behind him.

“Seoullo” Jungsoo replied, dragging Heechul’s arm as he veers him away from the incoming motorbike and towards the side of the road.

Heechul was flustered for a minute with what Jungsoo just did but shook it off almost immediately.

“Seoullo? The Skypark?” he asked him.

“Yeah, the one near Seoul Station. I need to go there for a research paper. Sorry for telling you but we need to walk for a while. I’ll treat you to dinner.” Jungsoo explained.

“I-is it far?” Heechul asked suddenly worried for his low physical stamina.

“Not really. Don’t worry it will be a walk in a park, like a date.” Jungsoo said, adding the last part intentionally to throw some bait.

“D-date!?” Heechul exclaimed, his face obviously blushing.

Upon seeing Heechul’s cute reaction, Jungsoo laughed heartily. “I was just teasing you. Haha”

Instead of replying further, He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter